PDA

View Full Version : Op - Mnps

TubularBells
31st Mar 2005, 08:03
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone can help clear up some confusion I have in regards to OP?

Does anyone one know what the clear definition difference is between what is regarded as "random airspace" and what is regarded as "out of the organised track system"?

At the moment, I seem to be getting conflicting information.

My own understanding at present, is that if you are travelling the opposite direction to an active OTS, you are considered to be "out of the organised track system", if you are in the same direction, in "random airspace" and finally, if the OTS is not active, you are simply in "random airspace".

Can anyone help clear this up for me? I've got the exam next week and it's bound to pop up!

Many thanks in advance,

TB.:ok:

(7 Days to go and then I'm FREEEEEEEEE:D )

maxwell4065
31st Mar 2005, 10:08
Below I have copied and pasted a reply to the same question from Tom (a Bristol GS instuctor) on the Bristol GS forum.

You have hit on a confusing area....I don't have a definition of "random airspace" versus "outside the OTS", which are 2 of the options on these questions....my solution is this....

1. If you are at 030W during one of the active periods (heading in either direction), you are in that system...1130-1800/day system, 0100-0800/night system.

2. If you are at 030W within 1 hr of activation....(1030-1130...etc), you are "outside the OTS"

3. If you are at 030W more than an hour from OTS activation....you are in "random airspace".

Apply this little rule and I think you will get all the questions right!!!!!

TubularBells
31st Mar 2005, 15:52
Thanks Max, funny one really. Can't find anything about it in the MNPSA documentation, typical!

Thanks for clearing it up.

TB.:D