PDA

View Full Version : empathy & concern 4 others is part of airmanship.

aceh
31st Mar 2005, 03:13
Its great to be part of pprune for many years I might add,as my username is "aceh" it should register in ones mind that I'm from that province that experience the terrible tsunamis.

however not one member send any condolences to pprune.we lost 250,000 people.including an entire family of mine.mind you Im not expecting any sad violine tunes,or a sympathy votes,just a small gesture of condollences.Anyway the show must cotinue to all of you in aviation.....happy landings & best regards to ALL.

Loose rivets
31st Mar 2005, 03:55
I'm proud to say that one of my sons spent a month raising $8,000 -- which was given to the Red Cross--specifically for the Tsunami relief fund.

Perhaps more goes on behind the scenes than is realised for this bewildering tragedy.

stormin norman
31st Mar 2005, 07:26
My local pub had a special 'quiz night ' and raised a considerable amount.
Sometimes actions do speak louder than words.

PPRuNe Radar
31st Mar 2005, 07:50
You will also find threads detailing how members of PPRuNe helped out at the scene with relief operations, particularly on the 'Rotorheads' Forum, as well as contributions on 'Jetblast' and on this specific forum.

It just takes a little effort to look.

A4
31st Mar 2005, 07:52
Aceh,

I can understand your feelings that not many PPruners have posted condolences however I feel confident in saying that the thoughts of millions of people are with the victims of the Tsunami.

Just this weekend there was a documentary on TV about the event and I sat there with my extended family and we watched in silence - it was difficult to comprehend the scale of the disaster.

I along with many others have contributed to the aid effort to bring relief. I think the total amount given by the public in the UK is in excess of 200,000,000. This alone shows that the victims are very much in our thoughts.

I wish you luck for the future and hope you and all affected can rebuild their lives.

A4 :(

M.Mouse
31st Mar 2005, 08:55
I don't feel the need to make a public display of how politically correct I am.

Like thousands of others I shed a tear and did what little I was able to do....privately.