PDA

View Full Version : QF Tech Crew F/A altercation cancels flight.

bonvol
28th Mar 2005, 04:52
Don't have full details just yet but it looks nasty from the rumours flying around QF.

Allegedly it was fisticuffs when a blue broke out up Japan way and the result was flight cancelled.

Be interesting to see where this one ends up.

blueloo
28th Mar 2005, 06:20
any further details bonvol. qroom isnt saying much on topic either.

pm me if possible.

bonvol
28th Mar 2005, 07:20
Blueloo. Should have the full story soon.

76 Capt allegedly punched an F/A from what I hear so far. Can't hush stuff up like this so it will be common knowledge to all and sundry soon.

Wonder if it was jakethemuss :E

Buster Hyman
28th Mar 2005, 07:35
76 Capt allegedly punched an F/A
She probably deserved it!:E :ouch:

Three Bars
28th Mar 2005, 07:41
Should we really be airing our dirty laundry here?

Angle of Attack
28th Mar 2005, 08:10
Ummm, yes we should be airing dirty laundry here! haha! Bring it on lets know the details! Its gonna come out anyway!

bigfella5
28th Mar 2005, 10:38
Thats just beautiful.....bitch slapping contest in the galley, sounds like an episode of Queer Folk:E

capt.cynical
28th Mar 2005, 11:25
Got it on the nose, Bicky Tosser. ;)

schnauzer
28th Mar 2005, 17:38
Thats what we like! Bit of biffo! Say, whatever happened to Captain Slap? He still on the 76?

Mud Skipper
28th Mar 2005, 19:27
Slap went French before Christmas so it could not be him.....

Mr.Buzzy
28th Mar 2005, 22:38
Priceless!
Im still laughing here!
Talk about a perfect punchline to a perfect joke!

bbbbbbzbzbzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz

Machinegun Fellatio
28th Mar 2005, 23:12
QF wouldn't cancel a flight if a CC member was incapacitated.So the Capitain must have copped a beauty in the kisser.What were they fighting over...a hostie,whose shout it was or a sporting event?
Whatever it was alcohol most certainly was the catalyst.Some boys never grow up to be men.The sad part is someone will probably lose their job.I suspect it won't be the Capitain.

Skypatrol
28th Mar 2005, 23:25
Back to the subject,

Anyone in the know on what occured??? I heard the Melb flight was cancelled the following evening.......

Anyway, what the hell were QF cabin crew doing out? They're like the eternal flame, neither will ever go out!!!! ;)

Machinegun Fellatio
28th Mar 2005, 23:31
Maybe it was an ex shorthaul hostitute from MEL(who didn't know that she shouldn't be out) who bitch slapped EL Capitano>Oh brother this is going to be fun.BTW love the eternal flame analogy...Chuckle chuckle ho ho .

Wirraway
29th Mar 2005, 00:09
AAP

Plane passenger 'attacks captain'
March 29, 2005

A MAN punched an airline captain and a fellow passenger as a plane sat on the tarmac at Cairns airport in far north Queensland, police said today.

Police said an intoxicated man began threatening passengers sitting near him just before the aircraft was due to take off about 4pm (AEST) yesterday.
Despite being warned by the captain several times, the man allegedly began punching a passenger seated next to him.

Police said he then punched the captain several times in the ribs before ground staff wrestled him off the plane.

A 25-year-old man from Townsville is to appear at Cairns Magistrates Court today charged with assault.

A Qantas spokeswoman said the flight, which was carrying 38 passengers, was delayed about half an hour by the incident and took off at 4.20pm.

She said the captain remained on board and operated the flight despite the altercation.

===========================================

blueloo
29th Mar 2005, 00:09
How bout some details? Otherwise I will have to wait until my contacts go there next week to get some gossip.

Why start a rumour without expanding on the initial headlines!!!!! Somebody knows something.....................

Bonvol I am sure you have the gossip by now, can ya pm if you have extra details!!! Qrewroom is still not expanding on it.

bonvol
29th Mar 2005, 01:00
Sorry Blueloo, I'm outta town now and out of comms for a little while. Other than it started at the Truck I'm still in the dark too.

Casper
29th Mar 2005, 01:03
Think you'll find that the CNS incident involved a Sunstate a/c.

qfcsm
29th Mar 2005, 04:00
Apparently the captain didn't like the sexual preference of two male cabin crew and made it known to them on the truck bus back to the hotel.

Needless to say they didn't try to kiss him :uhoh:

What followed ended with the two cabin crew going sick in port and the captain being stood down and paxed home.

Investigation to follow.... :hmm:

(Note: regard this as hearsay at this point)

schnauzer
29th Mar 2005, 04:05
Eeeewwwww!:mad:

They were doing it in the bus back from the truck? I'm never getting in that bus again!

jettlager
29th Mar 2005, 05:16
Skypatrol,

you may be surprised to hear that cabin crew do indeed go out in slip ports.

However they generally avoid establishments frequented by QF tech crew.

Can't for the life of me imagine why?:ok:

1279shp
29th Mar 2005, 07:01
... who while inebriated, thought it'd be a great idea to break into the FO's room and then climb in with him! Not that that ever happens of course!

All could/would have been swell, 'cept F/A got wrong room and ended up in the very straight laced Captain's bed.

Which men being men may not have been such a bad thing, except Captain Straight had previously laid complaints with the company about the now naked F/A for 'mincing about' and generally being a bit too happy and gay!

Brought whole new meaning to 'straight in approach'!

Ah the good old days, bring back the F-27!

Crusty Demon
29th Mar 2005, 09:10
I prefer the biff stories. Two had to go sick as they could not operate on the next flight. Maybe the result of getting caned in a major bit of fisticuffs? For the sake of the rumour me hopes so!

hoss
29th Mar 2005, 09:50
I wish the Tokyo refueller was on PPRuNE:) .

Mr Seatback 2
29th Mar 2005, 12:22
Boys...

I'd suggest we stop things here before this thread degrades any further.

There have been a few bad things said in a very general sense about both the alleged Tech and Cabin Crew.

Rumour or not, let's call a halt to name-calling posts right now - otherwise, me thinks there will be a few children thrown out of the sandpit because they don't play well with others.

Very true!!!

:mad:

Woomera

FredPhil
29th Mar 2005, 16:31
So then who actually punched who around the ring?????
:mad: :yuk: :)

Airtart
29th Mar 2005, 20:11
Sydney Morning Herald 30/03
This is QF180 to Melbourne - your crew is fighting outside
By Alexandra Smith, Transport Reporter
March 30, 2005

Stormy weather, rowdy passengers and security threats, sure, but squabbling flight crew? That was the reason behind the cancellation of a Qantas flight from Tokyo to Melbourne on Good Friday.

Qantas has launched an investigation into a fight involving several of the aircraft's flight crew that ended up delaying hundreds of passengers and left a crew member in hospital.

The scuffle started out as a heated argument in a Tokyo night spot, about 15 hours before the long-haul crew was due to start work on the flight to Melbourne. As it intensified at least one punch was thrown, with one crew member needing treatment in hospital, it is understood.

A spokesman for Qantas, Michael Sharp, confirmed an "incident" had happened in Japan over the Easter weekend and said the airline had immediately launched an investigation.

Mr Sharp said Qantas had to cancel the flight because a member of the flight crew had been stood down - with full pay. However, all passengers at Tokyo Narita were found seats on another flight via Sydney about an hour and a half later, he said.

"Qantas is interviewing all those involved as part of an ongoing investigation," he said. Mr Sharp could not comment on the cause of the fight, but said the flight, QF180, was abandoned.

Michael Mijatov, head of the international division of the Flight Attendants Association of Australia, said he had spoken to the two staff members at the centre of the fight.

Mr Mijatov would not reveal any more details, but said he hoped Qantas would fully investigate the incident.

fence_post
29th Mar 2005, 21:38
Takes me back a few years when an FO dropped a "blind mullet" into an FA's handbag. She in turn managed to get into his room while he was sleeping and dropped a "blind mullet" on the bed he was sleeping in! Don't know if he rolled onto it or whether the smell "killed" him! :O

fire wall
29th Mar 2005, 21:39
I suspect we shall see signage on the Truck bus grouping QF crew with those at Air Pacific as persona non gratia........ wouldn't that be a pain in the arse!

Fatter Bastard
29th Mar 2005, 23:43
On the night of the 25th:
QF180 NRT-MEL cancelled
cabin crew due to operate QF180 paxed, some on QF22 NRT-SYD and some on QF60 NRT-CNS-SYD
One Capt (due to operate) paxed NRT-CNS-SYD on QF60
One cabin crew remained to operate empty QF180 NRT-SYD on 26th
Capt off incoming QF179 MEL-NRT on the 25th given minimum slip (12 hrs) and then operated empty QF180 NRT-SYD.

Sunfish
30th Mar 2005, 04:28
Five Dollars says the Captain gets sacked. There are people at QF Board level who take a very dim view of this behaviour.

GalleyHag
30th Mar 2005, 05:06
Where have you been living of course QF have every right to take action against crew when they are in a slip port regardless if its 10 minutes or 15 hours before sign-on, its called standards of conduct.

All the more reason to sack these highly trained "professionals" if you could call them that if they think physically assaulting a fellow crew member is acceptable behaviour.

If I were these boys which im not (im female by the way) I would have had the captain arrested and charged. Let the board see what an asset he is while QF negotiate his way out of prison.

What if it was a female flight attendant would that be acceptable as well because they are highly trained "professionals" I think not.

GalleyHag
30th Mar 2005, 05:22
Nor would I call a pilot that physically assaults his crew a "highly trained professional" either

Keg
30th Mar 2005, 05:23
Of course, the issue of 'workplace harassment' assumes that the bloke knew that the others were part of the QF 'workplace'. If it was just a disagreement at the Truck between a bunch of people having issues then nothing further should be done! :rolleyes:

Of course, if it was the continuation of something else then....

Chief Chook
30th Mar 2005, 05:50
Where have you been living of course QF have every right to take action against crew when they are in a slip port That's a load of tripe Galley Hag, unless you subscribe to the Big Brother priciple. Using that same line of "reasoning", QF would also have jurisdiction over crews living in SYD, because that's their base. :rolleyes:

If it happened in The Truck, outside duty times, then it's got nothing to do with the Company, except that as a result some crew member(s) were unfit for duty.
If there's going to be any follow up by QF, it will need to be through the Japanese Police in Narita, and boy oh boy aren't the Japanese Press going to just love that.

As someone else said, what one does in the privacy of his own bedroom is his/her business, and NO-ONE else's.
But when some people start openly flaunting it and making a public show, it then becomes EVERYONE's business.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
30th Mar 2005, 05:54
Galley Hag... Why are you so eager to turn this into a Tech-Crew V Cabin Crew thing?

I don't know the details but considering that the flight was cancelled and the rumour going round Qrewroom is that the reason for that was because it was the Captain who got his clock cleaned, not the other way around, I am just wondering what Japanese law it is that you would have the Captain arrested and thrown into prison under?

Fatter Bastard
30th Mar 2005, 06:52
This "he did this/they did that" stuff that some people are posting is really cracking me up considering none of you were there.

I would respectfully suggest that you might refrain from conjecture until you know some facts (which, by the way, are unlikely to surface on this forum).

I imagine those in charge would consider who "started it" almost irrelevant. The fact is that some supposedly responsible individuals actions resulted in some considerable cost to the company and inconvenience to many of their customers.

firepussy
30th Mar 2005, 06:59
Finally after 64 posts on this thread...a voice of reason.I agree with you 1000%

Capt Claret
30th Mar 2005, 07:22
Interesting no lube used that in one breath they're disgusting fags etc, in the next they're able bbodied men.

For the most part this thread reeks of homophobia. Typically Aussie I guess. :hmm:

Ultralights
30th Mar 2005, 07:31
listening to Nova 96.9 in syd this morning, a QF cabin crew member called in , disguised voice, and told the story of what happened, aparently, the 2 flight crew involved were trying to seduce a BA cabin crew member to take back to their room, and guys being guys, and after a few drinks, it ended in fisticuffs!!and no one went home with the said BA crew member!

7gcbc
30th Mar 2005, 07:48
just gave this thread 5 stars!

particular mention of elevator trim gets a :D

socks
30th Mar 2005, 07:49
Hunting in packs now, two on one, this smells of terrorism.

This was between 3 able bodied guys

I think as highly paid and trained tech crew we should have an armed escourt when we are positioned away from main base.

Buster Hyman
30th Mar 2005, 10:19
Harden up, will ya???

Classic stuff! You know, you just don't get quality threads like this on Jet Blast!!!:ok:

KISS
30th Mar 2005, 10:53
I reckon the little driver with the beard and funny hair just has to stick a camera on the truck bus.

Man would that make good TV.
:8

Oz Ocker
30th Mar 2005, 11:28
Seems ta me theres a lotta suppositories...errrm, suppositions, an hypotheses without much real fact ta date..errrm, so far.

Why did the captain get involved?
Did e feel 'is own sexuality was bein' threatened?
Or was e tryin' ta protect an innocent young BA stewie?

Unless the 2 heshes in question were tryin' to molest the skipper, what business was it of 'is anyways?

Enuff a the fag bashin' - howsabout some FACTS!

Be seein' youse round.

QF skywalker
30th Mar 2005, 11:41
Oz Ocker - EXACTLY.

Erin Brockovich
30th Mar 2005, 11:48
Current Affair, you can keep the facts to yourself for a while. This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. :D

So who was the JAL Captain kissing again? :E

Capn Bloggs
30th Mar 2005, 12:25
Excellent thread troops (apart from the occasional politically-correct wus post by some...)! Best one in months. Keep it coming. :ok:

PureRisk
30th Mar 2005, 13:31
Queer Cabin Crew invloved!! And Qantas ones too!..Couldnt be????? Arent they high skilled workers ???? lol (laughing my ass off).....Hold on better not say that, isnt that how all this started.... :ok: What a great thread :ok:

Wirraway
30th Mar 2005, 17:12
Thurs "Daily Telegraph"

Qantas pilot in Tokyo melee
By JOE HILDEBRAND Work and Family Reporter
March 31, 2005

A QANTAS pilot is alleged to have physically assaulted two flight attendants after a night of partying in a Tokyo nightclub.

The incident took place on Good Friday just hours before Qantas Flight 180 was due to depart for Melbourne, forcing the flight to be cancelled and hundreds of passengers to be placed on other flights.

It is believed the pilot allegedly attacked one male attendant on the bus trip back from the Tokyo nightclub.

He is then claimed to have assaulted a second attendant, also male, back at the hotel where the crew were staying.

The crew were off duty at the time but due to start work on the Melbourne flight

Sources told The Daily Telegraph that the victims were mystified as to the cause of the attack.

"They were at a loss," a source said. "They didn't understand. It seems to be unprovoked."

The pilot has been stood down – on full pay – while Qantas investigates the matter.

A Qantas spokesman confirmed there had been an "incident involving an off-duty pilot and cabin crew".

"It's been alleged there was an altercation involving the off-duty crew while in Tokyo," he said.

"The pilot's been stood down pending an internal investigation."

Click here for FULL story (http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1258&storyid=2889630)

==========================================

Casper
30th Mar 2005, 19:33
The incident took place on Good Friday just hours before Qantas Flight 180 ...........
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Just hours" It has been reported as approx 15 hours. The media never fails to distort the facts!

Sunfish
30th Mar 2005, 20:03
Lost One:

"the board will want to know who threw the first punch- from there on in it depends on how much the gay qf mafia have infiltraited the qf board.

thats something i don't know."

Oh yes you do!

:}

Buster Hyman
30th Mar 2005, 20:44
According to your definition pure risk, they aren't...however wasn't there a highly trained, skilled PROFESSIONAL involved??:rolleyes:

Oz Ocker
30th Mar 2005, 22:36
A case of :eek: "date rape":eek:
From that newspaper article,"The pilot's been stood down pending an internal investigation."

Be seein' youse round.

:E

bekolblockage
30th Mar 2005, 22:45
"The pilot's been stood down pending an internal investigation."
:eek:

Read the card! Read the card!

Beer Can Dreaming
30th Mar 2005, 23:41
Jesus H Christ people!

All we hear are conflicting stories and the F/A's getting in on the "us vs them" act when it comes to Tech Crew and everyone paying out on gay Cabin Crew with the standard camp vitriol we've all heard before since childhood.

Does anyone actually know what the REAL STORY was ?
Some facts rather than conjecture wouldnt go astray.

Lodown
31st Mar 2005, 00:17
Beer Can don't be silly! This story is far too much fun without the facts. Don't spoil it now. The stories on here might lead to more fights between pilots and cabin crew and we'll have entertainment and rumour fodder for ages. I always knew there was a reason the crew were checked for weapons. There'd be shades of US postal workers otherwise.

Oh for pics...they'd be around the world on the net in seconds.

LewC
31st Mar 2005, 00:47
After Quaintarse figure out who slapped who they might like to address the question of just how these pissed-up pugilists were going to be sober enough to be permitted to drive the aircraft and/or mince around the cabin servicing the SLF.Perhaps it's time for pre-flight breath testing to be introduced.

funbags
31st Mar 2005, 01:01
LewC

The flight wasn't scheduled to leave for around 16 hours. I think that may have been sufficient time to sober up.

boofta
31st Mar 2005, 01:04
Yeah, definitely random breath testing before each flight.

Sometimes my namesakes just disappoint me,they used to be
so nice, and hidden in closets.

Erin Brockovich
31st Mar 2005, 01:16
standard camp vitriol we've all heard before since childhood
Gee I miss camping. :}

As far as I'm concerned unless any chargers were placed with the local authorities - then what happens on the piss, stays on the piss. The only issue is that a flight was cancelled due to individual crew members unable to commence duty. Anyone trying to degrade society any more by conjuring up sexual harassment litigious bullsh$t regarding this topic should go back to watching Desperate Housewifes.

The management response to this should be along the lines of - Your a bunch of bloody idiots. I don't want to hear it. Your stupid antics have caused the cancellation of a flight and now Dixon is up my arse (pardon the pun). You can all see now how tangibly valuable you are to this company, so please act like responsible professionals and make sure you turn up fit for duty. Bla Bla Bla don't do it again or else.

The breath testing issue should be dropped in favour of CRM training regarding each crew members responsibility for the safe conduct of a flight. ie Capt you smell like a piss trough, you cannot do this flight. What are our alternatives yada yada. But this is off topic.

e. coli
31st Mar 2005, 01:20
LewC

We don't even know who did what to whom, so we're hardly in a position to comment on what anyone's BAC was or whether it'd be a problem 16 hours later. We don't even know if all of the protagonists were even operating on that particular flight. (There are up to what, 4 or 5 QF flights out of NRT on any given night, and slips can be anywhere from about 24 to 80 hours.)

Anyway, it's well known that consumption of sufficient gyozas protects against excessive beer consumption. Also, much as petrol enables driving, beer enables singing. As one sings, the effects of beer are depleted, much as your petrol is depleted as you drive. Therefore, with enough gyozas and karaoke you should be right as rain within about 40-45 minutes.:ok:

blueloo
31st Mar 2005, 03:10
Apparently the thread has been censored and essentially deleted.

So continuing on, anyone have the facts yet?

Just the facts bluloo, just the facts - and without the personals!!!

The last thread took me over an hour to edit!!!

Woomera

Chief Chook
31st Mar 2005, 04:02
This is a rumour network, bonvol - check out the name if you don't believe me.
Why let a fact or two get in the way of a good story, and a few prejudices, from both sides of the camp(s).

Machinegun Fellatio
31st Mar 2005, 04:28
The Captain in question cleaned the clock of one of the CC.The CC was hospitalized with a suspected fractured cheek bone.
What I don't understand is why the Captain was stood down in NRT!Why not let him operate home and then stand him down.This way there is no inconvenience to the SLF and no cost to QF.Someone has made a blunder which compounded the problem.
Further an English speaking pax,who had to overnight in NRT because his flight was cancelled ,overheard QF crew discussing the event in one of the crew haunts.He subsequently rang QF Japan and vented his spleen(Fair Enough).
A difficult sitaution was made worse by standing the Captain down in Japan and paxing him home.Someone in QF Ops has made a big and expensive Boo Boo.
Heads will roll!!

Z Force
31st Mar 2005, 04:33
I'll think that you'll find that it is common practice in any airline that where a crew member has been involved in any sort of incident that they are stood down. The reason being that they do not worry in flight, if they are crewing, as per the repercussions and create a safety issue. If they were not stood down and there was an incident or accident, the companies insurance may well be placed in jeapordy.

Capt Claret
31st Mar 2005, 04:41
MF

Imagine the tension on the trip home! :eek: That it's already (allegedly) come to blows shows that CRM has gone out the window ..... :ugh:

Captain Can't
31st Mar 2005, 04:51
sounds like we may be getting a little closer to the bottom of this... Any word on why this techie felt the need? Probably deserved, but thats beside the point, the ppruner in me wants the good oil!! :}
ahhh the truck bus... often a ride between heaven and hell! :)

Johhny Utah
31st Mar 2005, 06:02
Playing the devils advocate Galleyhag, what makes you think the the receiver DIDN'T deserve it....? :rolleyes:

Machinegun Fellatio
31st Mar 2005, 06:04
One crew member in Hospital and pax the other one home and the Captain operates.How does this compromise insurance?The QF 180 is an airbus service ..how many pilots for this sector.I still think ops made a blue!

Crusty Demon
31st Mar 2005, 06:26
Was it a 767 crew or a bus crew?

Waste Gate
31st Mar 2005, 06:29
Twas a 767 crew ....:cool:

Buster Hyman
31st Mar 2005, 06:32
...:eek: ...What were they doing on an Airbus?

Uh-Oh! I hear footsteps & the familiar clinking of a padlock!

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 07:28
Must have been a senior CC.Ive been flying 20 years and my seniority has(today)gone up by one.Ahhh every cloud has a silver lining.
Who gives a rats rissole about sexuality or CRM.The relevant questions are... Who was the smackee?...Who was the smacker?...and Why?.What will be the repercussions?The rest is irrelevant drivel!!

e. coli
31st Mar 2005, 07:32
What were they doing on an Airbus?

Cabin crew are not restricted to a single type. As for techies, there are 4 or 5 QF flights out of NRT on any given night. No-one ever said the Captain involved was operating the 180. Just one of the many conclusions which have been jumped to in the course of this discussion. And since the protagonists may not have ever been on the same crew, can we stop wittering on about CRM now?

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 07:38
The media reports indicate precisely that it was the QF 180(Mel Service)which was cancelled and CIS info indicates a 767 operating on this sector.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
31st Mar 2005, 07:42
The captain involved was NOT the guy originally scheduled for the QF180. So all you bidbook detectives, keep looking..

The word I got was that the gayness of any of the combatants had nothing to do with it.. I know more about it but it's probably better not to fan any more flames.

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 07:45
Mate, you are a bloody tease.Spill the beans and clear the air.
Or at least send me a PM.I promise I won't tell.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
31st Mar 2005, 07:50
Let's just say that there was "history" on the trip, it was to do with a close member of the captains family, and with a skinful I may have done the same... No excuse of course but I understand the feelings involved.

There was only one punch thrown and it resulted in a cut, and no more.

amos2
31st Mar 2005, 08:28
Maintaining discipline on a ship is of vital importance...a good Captain knows that!

If a Flight Attendant needs a smack in the chops... then, so it should be!

If it happens to be a Senior Flight Attendant, then this is even better to establish discipline on the ship!

Let's face it, some of those tarts need to be reminded who the boss is!! :*

Motorola
31st Mar 2005, 09:10
"Teasing the guy with come-ons? Carrying on about their sexuality? Whatever, these things and more, especially with a few drinks under his belt, could easily upset just about any guy.

To earn themselves a 1 vs 2 smack-down, I reckon they probably deserved it."

Ahh, the old homosexual advance defence.

Murderers have used this to lighten their sentences, or escape punishment completely.

There is NO excuse for physical assault.

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 09:20
Provocation is not an excuse.Someone offends a member of my family...that is provocation.They get a knuckle sandwich..pure and simple.Everyone has a breaking point.I don't care what is said to me or about me.The same does not apply to my family.You upset my wife or my children then you are in deep Ka Ka.
It would appear a close member of the Captain's family was maligned.He reacted appropriately,on his own time.He should not have been stood until he arrived home(if at all).

Crusty Demon
31st Mar 2005, 09:47
Effective CRM in practice - ie. beat the crap out of someone until they see things your way ;)

Also heard the story about a family member being involved and in the same situation I like many others would quite literally take things into my own hands, particularly with a skinful and outside of the aeroplane.

Soulman
31st Mar 2005, 10:41
@ surfside6:

Someone offends a member of my family...that is provocation.They get a knuckle sandwich..pure and simple.

Gold mate... Pure Gold.

Soulman.

RollzRoyce
31st Mar 2005, 11:41
Heard a totally different story to what is being told here and on the media.

I heard that a fight broke out between the Captain and the First officer. But then again its probably a rumor. Its probably wrong. My source though can be thought as reliable as a CC member operating on the flight the Captain was on to pax home.

So yeah!

Weird!

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 15:52
My next door neighbour's uncle's cousin on his mother's side has a dog treated by a vet whose younger brother once slept with a hostie whose brother is CC with JAL and he was at the truck on good friday in 2002 and as he is a reliable source saw RollzRoyce tossing off while eating a meat pie and talking to Geoff Dixon on the night in question.Conclusion...the CC member beat himself up.
A CC member a reliable source?You schmuck!!

frangatang
31st Mar 2005, 18:22
Write australian ,shmuck is a septic tank word!
Some years ago the bridge tween the truck and ANA hotel was the scene of an altercation with a BA fo getting the sh**t kicked
out of him , ending up in hospital for over a week. He maintained
it was the locals ,but it was more likely to be US crewmembers
after he got a bit fresh with one of them ( of the opposite of course). The bridge was subsequently renamed B ******rs bridge in his honour

surfside6
31st Mar 2005, 22:06
Franatang
If I use an Australian expletive it would be deleted.Any way you get my drift.BTW its Hebrew not septic.

e. coli
31st Mar 2005, 22:10
Rollzroyce:

100% wrong.

DutchRoll
1st Apr 2005, 00:13
The Capt involved has no history of this sort of behaviour, as you would hope and expect.

To quote the papers, the two male cabin crew are 'mystified' as to why he assaulted them. Hmmm. I bet they are.

Fatter Bastard
1st Apr 2005, 02:25
The F/O was not directly involved, but I'm pretty sure the Easter bunny and jesus were there.

matca
1st Apr 2005, 03:34
This is absolutely priceless.

Best thread I've seen on prune.

There has to be a movie.

Captain: Bruce Willis

FO: Vin Diesel

CC1: Julian Clary

CC2: Bob Downe

:ok:

LUBE BOY
1st Apr 2005, 03:57
Well, Well, Well.......What a thread. Your right this is Priceless.

A nice outfit to party in $200

Entry fee to Tokyo nightclub $10

Copious amounts of alchohol $185

Seeing a skipper punch out two poofs.....Priceless.

the mustang ranch
1st Apr 2005, 04:42
yes this was one of the best threads ever till the moderator got hold of it yesterday.
look at the views.
the humor was sensational.

but the one about elevator trim required every time a particular f/a used to move down to the back galley of a b737

now that was a priceless post.

bring back the post's:{

Xatrix
1st Apr 2005, 04:51
Word has it the skippers missus was involved.....

LUBE BOY
1st Apr 2005, 05:01
Couldn't agree with you more Mustang Ranch....They were classic posts....What happened?

Is the Moderator a F**&#T too....???:uhoh:

Farewell! And don't rush back ......

Woomera

the mustang ranch
1st Apr 2005, 05:10
ah --this brings back great memories of an incident a few years back when a maintenance crew were sent to singapore to fix a broken 744.
after working 40+hours straight in the singapore heat -the boys quickly went back to the hotel room refrenshed up and went out straight to the 4 floors of whoars on orchad road.

many hours later one the blokes disappeared to the second floor and was cosying up to a she-male- we managed to save him from the she-male's clutche's but he didn't take to kindly to the help-a scuffle(punch up)broke out.

any way -whats this got to do with the thread well....
well what happen's on tour stay's on tour.

matca
1st Apr 2005, 05:10
Skipper's Missus: Anjelina Jolie:D

the mustang ranch
1st Apr 2005, 05:13
carefull lube boy we all know what happend last time:p

LUBE BOY
1st Apr 2005, 05:20
That reminds me……I once new a guy, who’s brother’s, girlfriend’s ex, (now gay) knew a QF LAME that arrived a B737 a few years back and told this story.

Upon arrival the nose oleo appeared to have deflated, however the A/C taxied and parked normally. Then in the Tech log was;

“Aircraft requires spirratic applications of elevator trim in cruise (FL350). First 2-3 units nose dwn followed shortly after by several units nose up. Repeated several times throughout flight at varying intervals.”

The LAME was very puzzled by this, and knew no Maint. Manual could ever explain what he was about to discover. Suddenly the nose oleo returned to normal extension just after cc disembarked. He looked closely at what he thought was the ass end of an elephant……..Sh*t No…. it was C…D the CSM surrounded by several hershi highway boys.

Well all was explained, and from that day forward a notice to crew explained the intricacies of flying the B737 with C….D on board.

Luv Ya Galleyhag

Ye Ha……:ok:

the mustang ranch
1st Apr 2005, 05:30
now that's priceless.

i saw one today- as she walked down the aisle of a b737 she brushed both row's of seats with her ass
can we be talking about the same f/a i wonder :confused:

lube boy--what happened i warned you .....you got to fired up.
your posts will be sorely missed.:ugh:

Captain.Q
1st Apr 2005, 05:52
Haven't we digressed just a tad from the original topic?Just to remind one and all ...it was about a pugilistic altercation between A QF 767 Captain and two CC.One crew member required hospitalization and the Captain was stood down and paxed home.
A number of questions remain unanswered...
1.What was the altercation about?
2.Who was involved?
3.What will be the fate of those involved?
4.Why was the Captain stood down in NRT instead of operating home.
5.The effect this will have on QFs reputation in Japan.
6.Were the Japanese authorities involved?
This thread has been closed once.The way the drivel has built up again its heading for another closure without any accurate information being provided

Bugger Me
1st Apr 2005, 06:16
What Happened to Lube Boy......?

He was Great.

Oh well back to the topic. I think he may have digressed too far and got canned for it.

Whats the latest?

:{

Woomera
1st Apr 2005, 07:02
The latest is I've now put most of the thread back here - after removing references to individuals and the unacceptable posts.

Last time I rweceived nine "Report this Post" emails in 30 minutes and most were justified complaints. I too have more to do than spend hours editing threads.

Have your fun but keep it clean and keep individual names - no matter how oblique - out of it!

And I'll contemplate Lube Boy's fate over a cold ale tonight. In the interim, he won't be here.

Woomera

Captain.Q
1st Apr 2005, 14:50
16000 hits in a week...is that a record?

GoGirl
1st Apr 2005, 15:52
Am I correct in believing I've seen people post here regarding that this was not on Duty time, therefore the airline should not be involved?

Couple of questions, observations and comments if I may;

1. Whilst not 'on-duty' who is paying for the staff members staying in the hotels and meal allowances?
Would that be the Airline?
If this is the case, then you are a representative of that company regardless, and must behave according to a code of conduct I'd suggest.
This 'what happens on tour, stays on tour' crap is appropriate for a footy trip at best, but it just DOES NOT wash in a corporate, professional world where fisticuffs are not tolerated.
Actually, to apply that cracked logic is ignorant. When do you draw a line in the sand then? And who determines when it's drawn?

As this thread has highlighted beautifully, everyone reacts differently in any given circumstances, and what I might find acceptable, funny or serious, you might not.
And this is why a basic behavioural code of conduct is required.

I don't have the relevant handbooks/paperwork, but I'm sure there would have to be something in QF's 'rules' which state that whilst you are effectively representing the company you must abide my a code, and most especially when you are in another country.

Something just ocurred to me;
An interview question that has been asked of an aspiring FA was what would you do in the instance where you were on an o'night in a foreign country, and on a shopping expedition during some free time in that country you see one of your collegues shoplifting?

1. Talk to your senior?
2. Report the offence and offender on return to home base if the senior has not responded effectively in your opinion?
3. Approach the offender and let them know you will be reporting them and see what they do?

Whichever option is chosen, bottom line is that it comes back to a company responsibility.
Maybe they do this for a reason? Could it be to protect their workers whilst outside Australia?
YOU BET!!!

And you can almost bet your last dollar that if the person who was hurt in the incident in Japan chooses to take legal action that QF will be on the hit list for not providing him/her with a safe working and employment environment.

All for now
GG

How did she plan to escape through the over-wing exit if things went pear-shaped?
I'd say things went pear shaped for her a loooooooong time ago from the sounds of it!!

Susheel
1st Apr 2005, 18:57
you guys sure know how to crack me up!!!! Just wish i had a 6-pack of Coopers Pale Ale while reading this amazing posts.

Keep it up and Bert Newton could be the Captain...and maybe Molly Meldrum one of the F/A's

Keep it goin!

Come on back lube boy

Buster Hyman
1st Apr 2005, 21:27
Perhaps all of these "chaps" should be given an "Anger Management Thong". When you begin to loose your temper, the thong tightens...:ugh:...I guess it'd only work if you didn't enjoy that kinda thing! :ooh:

QF skywalker
2nd Apr 2005, 00:44
Captain was having a go at F/O over something at bar.

Punch's thrown between Capt and F/O.

F/A's stuck up for F/O and become involved.

jettlager
2nd Apr 2005, 00:56
QF Skywalker,

my sources indicate essentially the same thing.

FA hit whilst trying to break up a fight between CPT and F/O.

QF skywalker
2nd Apr 2005, 01:02
Jetlagger,

My source of info is very realiable - obviously just like yours.
Hence the reason why the F/O and Capt were paxed home seperately.

So there you go fella's. It was just the f/a's trying to stop the F/O being picked on. Not a bad effort on the 'gay' f/a's behalf I reckon.

Maybe the thread of this topic should be changed to reflect the true story rather than the dribble in some posts about male f/a's getting it on in the back of a bus or whatever.....pfffft:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GalleyHag
2nd Apr 2005, 01:13
What the Captain wanted to have a go WITH the F/O and the F/O wouldnt be it? Oh thats right pilots are not poofs (yeah right) the Captain was having a go AT the F/O.

Skypatrol
2nd Apr 2005, 02:21
QF Skywalker & Jetlagger,
My source doesn't agree and they were at the truck that night.
My info is that the skipper punched a F/A twice, prior to getting on the bus back to the hotel, resulting in the F/A losing a tooth. All and sundry then tried to break them up with the skipper still very fired up. Then a non-QF person tried to get involved and continue it, but was politely told not to. The skipper walked home and the F/A and his mate got the bus. The F/A was quite upset and talking of revenge on the bus and when they got off at the hotel the non-QF person (who also caught the bus) then clashed with the F/A's mate, resulting in the mate in hospital and blood and hair left all through the lobby.

Le 3rd Homme
2nd Apr 2005, 03:05
Does anyone really know what went on?I think not.
We should all wait for the paperback

blueloo
2nd Apr 2005, 03:14
GalleyHag, what the heck are you smokin. Get a grip!

RollzRoyce
2nd Apr 2005, 05:59
surfside6!

I suggest you read the posts by QF Skywalker and jettlager before ridiculing my post!

Your profile suggests that you are a Long Haul FA so I suppose you are an unreliable source of information aswel!

Wake up to yourself mate and GROW UP! No need to be a jerk either :mad:

Rollz :suspect:

surfside6
2nd Apr 2005, 06:48
Throw out the line and you get a bite...from?(Drum Roll)...RollzRoyce.Gee,I wasn't even using live bait.
C'mon just because there are now 3 stooges instead of one doesn't make your speculation any more factual.

RollzRoyce
2nd Apr 2005, 08:46
Neither does it justify you being such a jerk! This forum is a RUMOUR network (as the name suggests) so be prepared to hear anything!

If you cant handle rumours than you shouldn't be here! Simple as that.

No need to start being a smart Ar#e just because what we hear contradicts what’s being posted here.

I never claimed my information was factual. Just passing on what I had heard. If it hurt you....go have a sulk about it. Or maybe you should go and invest in a dictionary and read through it. You will be amazed to find out that the definition of rumour is:

gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth

surfside6
2nd Apr 2005, 08:59
...and i'm still not using live bait.Pure unadulterated entertainment courtesy of the Roller.

Butterfield8
2nd Apr 2005, 09:30
The ingredients....One Captain(The Big G)One FO One BA Hostie,The Truck,Two CC,add one Captains wife and Child(asleep in the hotel)stir in copious quantities of alcohol and what do you get ?.Two CC and one FO who get cleaned up by Skipper outside and inside the hotel.One CC requires hospital treatment.The CC were intervening on behalf of the FO.The Skippers wife is Thai,which appears to be part of the catalyst along with booze and the lateness of the night(morning)How many careers will be ruined?
It has caused the groundstaff at NRT not only a great deal of work apologizing and rerouting pax,but also an enormous loss of face and respect at the airport.
Nobody wins,everybody loses.
Next day: remorse,reality, plus a hangover.Not a good result

esreverlluf
3rd Apr 2005, 06:28
Butters - you win the prize for closest to the truth so far - but still a lot of inaccuracies I'm afraid. . .

And no, I'm not going to post the correct details here - much more fun to watch all the "experts" invent their own "facts".

slice
3rd Apr 2005, 07:16
Well - I guess the truth depends on who is telling the story!

HotDog
3rd Apr 2005, 08:32
RollzRoyce,

gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth

Valium-Diazepam is an anti anxiety agent ( benzodiazepines. ) Used primarily for short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety. :rolleyes:

RollzRoyce
3rd Apr 2005, 08:43
more puppets......:hmm: :cool:

RollzRoyce
3rd Apr 2005, 10:40
Rollzroyce and surfside, another two joined within days of each other, carrying on a sad, extremely obvious double act.

So whats your point? What double act? I think the moderators would have picked that up by now if that was the case?

No more comment from me!

Rollz :ok:

Ron & Edna Johns
3rd Apr 2005, 11:45
Wrong! And if I were you I'd consider very carefully the legal (defamation) implications of even hinting someone's name in print when that person has nothing to do with this.

UPDATE: Well, it didn't take RYAN TCAD too long to delete his post in toto. Well done, mate. My warning remains, however: by posting the first 3 letters of a first name and first 3 letters of a surname, he uniquely fingered a QF pilot, but it was the wrong one. Correct first name, incorrect surname.

Again - think about the legal implications to you and this bulletin board if you start naming names in a false and defamatory manner here. It's best to just shut-up!

RYAN TCAD
3rd Apr 2005, 12:32
Fair call. But you say i did get the first name right? :)

Cheers Ron

Ron & Edna Johns
3rd Apr 2005, 12:43
Jeez mate, if you're actually in QF yourself and you really have the urge to know, just ask around. It ain't a secret amongst the boys. But no one is going to do the wrong thing by all parties and post specifics (facts, names, etc) in a public forum, particularly while it's all being investigated. Be reasonable.

Chris Higgins
3rd Apr 2005, 15:05
Again, let's not see anyone's careers go down the crapper, because people want to volunteer more fuel for the management fire...or firings. Maybe it would be a good time to close this thread Mister Moderator, before anymore harm is done?

Susheel
3rd Apr 2005, 19:20
Scrubbed,

jeez, why would i be the same person?. So what if i joined in at almost the same time?

So what is the problem?

And I am who i am...no other nick names on this site or any other for that mater.

Susheel

Sunfish
3rd Apr 2005, 21:20
Jeeez, I had better tiptoe through here.

Reading both the legislation and the Dame's medical handbook, I wonder if the Captain concerned may have prejudiced his licence and medical renewal?

......Runs for the door.

Butterfield8
5th Apr 2005, 22:49
The Captain i believe lives in Perth.A BA first officer was involved not a QF FO.No wife no child in NRT.Both CC live in Melbourne and the attack was unprovoked.No BA hostie involved.
Its moments like these you need.......

wirgin blew
6th Apr 2005, 16:37
Dont suppose anyone had a videotape of this event, we could set it up as pay per view and make a fortune from all the ppruners who need a few more laughs in there otherwise dreary days.

the mustang ranch
6th Apr 2005, 23:13
i think we have moved away from the original thread.......ah now where were we... yes capt smacks out 2 gay flt attendant's in a toyko night club--can any one expand on this ....

never let the truth get in front of a good story

The_Cutest_of_Borg
6th Apr 2005, 23:15
Considering the possible ramifications to people's careers, I fail to see anything funny here.

OBNO
7th Apr 2005, 12:48
When your actions take you down a particular path, afraid you have to accept the responsibilities for those actions - alcohol or not.

Redstone
7th Apr 2005, 14:49
Take the blinkers off OBNO

DEFCON4
8th Apr 2005, 11:31

Woomera

Chief Chook
8th Apr 2005, 11:38
Kicking people when they are down after you have King Hit them The story doing the rounds is that he was grabbing at the skipper's legs and trying to bight him.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
8th Apr 2005, 11:48
Kicking people when they are down after you have King Hit them is particularly appalling behaviour.

That makes version 14 of this story that I have personally heard.

Just lay off and let the process run. Speculation, as in most aviation situations, is totally counter-productive.

DEFCON4
8th Apr 2005, 17:50
The hotel staff are my source.The event was most distressing and embarassing for them.You don't need a degree to recognise apalling behaviour.

You have a few days to contemplate my specific instruction that no names, no initials, not even cap size was to be published in this thread which may identify anyone involved in the alleged incident!!!

:mad: :mad:

Woomera

DirectAnywhere
8th Apr 2005, 20:38
To be perfectly correct it's "bushel"!!;)

DEFCON4
8th Apr 2005, 21:41

Chief Chook
8th Apr 2005, 22:11
The hotel staff are my source. Rubbish. Japanese people, and especially people in the service industry, would no more pass comment to a foreigner about this sort of thing than they would admit to wrongdoings in WW2.

DEFCON4
8th Apr 2005, 22:33
Chief Chook
I lived in Japan for 9 years and my Japanese is as good as its get without being born there.On occasion I socialize with some of the hotel staff whom I consider friends.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
8th Apr 2005, 23:34
D4, the identity of the captain is no secret in QF. I have flown with him in his three barred days. Is that enough information for you?

I have heard many versions of this story. Did the hotel staff you spoke to actually see what happened or is their info second or third hand?

No matter, the speculation on this thread is harmful to the concept of natural justice. You calling him psychotic without the benefit of a degree in mental health is a prime example of this. Keep the adjectives to yourself. Unless you actually saw the incident occur, any version you hear has been run through several filters.

DEFCON4
8th Apr 2005, 23:43
The staff who are friends saw the event first hand.You need to understand Japanese culture to appreciate the enormous embarrassment this has caused the hotel its staff and indeed the QF staff at NRT airport.Japanese people generally do not exaggerate but rather understate.
I will restate this ..you do not need a degree to recognize appalling behaviour.If the Captain involved is a close personal friend(Borg) then I can appreciate your concern and embarrassment.
Opinions in this forum are unlikely to affect the carriage of natural justice.
I would suggest Borg that the information of which you are in posession has been through far more filters and most likely been diluted.If ,when the true story is known to you,you may wish to revaluate your impression of this individual.No one deserves to be the victim of such a violent attack.

HotDog
9th Apr 2005, 00:00
"Anatawa totemu baka" loosley translated; "You are a total idiot".

He does sound a bit judgemental:rolleyes:

donpizmeov
9th Apr 2005, 00:45
Had the misfortune to invite a QF cabin crew member to join my crew for drinks at a layover bar in SYD (QF fella commuting from sunny QLD) a few months ago. I think it took this twit about 30secs to let everyone know he spoke Japanese. He then went on to insult my entire crew (who averaged about three languages each including Japanese!). A good night out ruined by some self absorbed @rse. Wasn't you was it D4?
Too many of this type of person on any crew would surely lead to violence!

Don

MrWooby
9th Apr 2005, 01:13
No Don, nothing should lead to violence. And if it does then the person initiating it should be charged with assault and sacked.

donpizmeov
9th Apr 2005, 03:07
Too right D4. Lets get back to the topic.

The event happened for reason or reasons we do not know, and no not even your little cleaner mates will know what really happened. It is no doubt being investigated. Raising it on this forum helps no-one.
But giving away a persons identity, and making judgement calls on their personality type really achieves very little . If you want gossip spend some more time in the galley
Leave this matter to those concerned to worked out.

Don.

the mustang ranch
9th Apr 2005, 03:54
hang on i'll just get more wood/kero and throw it on the fire

The_Cutest_of_Borg
9th Apr 2005, 04:00
1. I have no idea what actually happened.

2. Neither do 99.9 % of the people reading this thread

3. The person involved is not a close friend or acquaintance.

4. Calling him psychotic when you weren't there is below the belt.

5. Whatever the circumstances, things are going to get unpleasant and potentially very costly for this person.

Discussing it ad nauseum when 99.9% of the people here have no idea of why it occurred is pointless or worse.

Here is another foreign word Schardenfreude. I suspect it is the prevailing sentiment here.

Oz Ocker
9th Apr 2005, 04:08
Defcon it sounds like yer mate bit orf a bit more than he could chew an came orf second best.
In this world its a fact that sometimes men choose ta resolve these issues quickly if provoked far enough.
You tryin ta dafend yer mate because e came out of it on the loosin end, when he musta known that e was makin trouble fer himself, is pretty cowardly.

Be seein' youse round.

DEFCON4
9th Apr 2005, 05:04
The smackee is not a friend.
There is however a principal and mode of behaviour involved .This thread has raised some interest with some 25000 hits since its inception.

mach2male
9th Apr 2005, 05:12
While the dogs bark,the wagon rolls on.

Chronic Snoozer
9th Apr 2005, 08:32
Schadenfreude - sorry to be the spelling police.

DirectAnywhere
9th Apr 2005, 13:38
No, DEFCON 4, not perfect - I wish! I'm merely saying that if you're going to correct someone - to emphasise your own point - you'd better make sure you're right in turn or it loses the desired effect somewhat.

My post was purely tongue-in-cheek btw. (note smiley):p

mach2male
9th Apr 2005, 19:06
Looks like someone has run foul of Woomera.Did I miss something?The last 2 pages don't hang together well as far as continuity goes.Poop!I always miss the juicy bits.

Woomera
9th Apr 2005, 23:42
I don't think you missed anything, but one PPRuNe user, who is temporarily pre occupied, certainly did.

Heed my earlier advice...........

Have your fun but keep it clean and keep individual names - no matter how oblique - out of it!

Woomera

mach2male
10th Apr 2005, 01:47
See "QF Truck Event" Cabin Crew Forum for an encapsulation.

Woomera
10th Apr 2005, 19:45
In fact, we've run over the standard 100 post limit.

Time to go.......click!