PDA

View Full Version : A Question For Recent Britannia Starters.

Karina
30th Mar 2005, 19:56
Hi,

This is a question for recent starters of Britannia as i am due to start my training next tuesday (5th april).

My question is about the pre course training website. I'm finding it virtually impossible to navigate. Each page seems to take about 10 mins to load, nothing seems to download properly and i don't find it that self explanatory either. Has anyone else had this problem or am I being ridiculously stupid? Although, i do have broadband, I thought it might have been my dinosour of a computer, so i gave up on this one and paid a visit to my dear old dad and borrowed his. It was a little better to be honest, but not all that!

What are other people opinions of the pre course work, and how important is it to the actual course? Do they check if you finished it, cause to be quite honest, I can't see it happening.

At the end of the day, I'm still working my full time banking job, my part time bar job and trying to make the most of my social life until next week when my weekends as i know and love are no more, and i'm not even being paid by britannia yet. But don't get me wrong, I can't wait to start for them, but i think i've spent the best part of 5/6 hours sat in front of this computer over the last couple of days and i feel like i've got no where. Where am i going wrong with it?:{

wan2fly
30th Mar 2005, 20:45
Hey dont get in a state .....

Call BY and tell them it might be a known IT problem and other new joiners might have the same issue and are scared to say...

They will be extremely helpful and I bet your bottom dollar they will help you out.......

You are right on one thing though ......

Your Weekends for the next few weeks are gone.... :{

However just think in a few weeks time you will be in the best job having tonnes of fun meeting lots of new people.

Believe me its all worth it ;)

go call em in the morning

good luck :ok:

naughty but nice
31st Mar 2005, 11:05
Hi,
Is that Andrea? ;)

wan2fly
31st Mar 2005, 21:33
Did you mean me ????

Last time I looked I was a bloke ;)

Altho you can call me Andrea on a Sunday if you wish :ooh:

TFlyguy
1st Apr 2005, 19:04
Hi Karina

Sorry youre having problems with the website! On day 1 you will be issued with an SEP manual which will contain all you need to know! Its a big book!!!!!!!!

Keep persevering with the website if you can - it will help

and you might even find you have a nice trainer :D

JT190676
1st Apr 2005, 21:30
Hi Karina

I have just finished my training today with Britannia - and must say that I have really enjoyed it.
I too had problems with the web site, but it is worth trying to download the SEP manual before you get there - and also the IMC revision questions, and generic questions. This will give you a head start and at least have a idea of stuff when they are talking about things.
The next 5 weeks will be VERY hard work. You will have exams on Generic Questions, 757, 767-200 and 767-300 (providing you are on these aircraft). The pass mark is 86% for all exams and all exam papers are multiple choice A,B,C. on the 757 and 767 exams (30 questions on each) you also have to complete an aircraft diagram with the location of safety items.
One thing I will say is dont give up - keep going - but make sure that you study hard - you can all the fun once you have got through - but the next 5 weeks are really important - and once you are on your last day (like I was today) you will be sooo proud that you have achieved what you have.
Good luck - and if you need any help - then give me a shout.
JT