PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair and Airbus?

Jan the man
30th Mar 2005, 18:02
In view of Ryanair's recent (additional) B737-800 order it sounds strange, but the Irish airline is rumoured to be counting some (leased) Airbuses among its fleet these days.
Does anybody know more? If this is indeed correct, are they in Ryanair livery?

Jan

Runway 31
30th Mar 2005, 20:05
I believe they are leasing an A320 from Monarch on some of their services out of Luton due to an aircraft shortage.

phil_2405
30th Mar 2005, 20:06
I think some RYR flights have been operated by Monarch A320's recently. Not sure why :confused: I guess its only a short-term thing though.

mikekilo
30th Mar 2005, 20:30
Supposedlyl some pilots have reached their annual flying limit (legally set at 900 hours per annum). The calender year for this limit runs March to March... so perhaps you will see less hire-ins from April onwards.

lowfaresbuster
30th Mar 2005, 20:33
they are leasing a few from eirjet (SNN) too, i think eirjet acquired ex monarch craft recently, they may still be in monarch livery.

Mr @ Spotty M
31st Mar 2005, 04:01
lowfaresbuster

If you see an aircraft in Monarch colours it is being operated by Monarch.
The Eirjet aircraft was painted in Eirjet colours last year.

VIKING9
31st Mar 2005, 06:34
When will RYR realise that flogging crews at up to 6 sectors a day will have an adverse effect on operations at some point of the year. Leasing aircraft as a result of busted hours is an expensive option. Over expansion maybe :confused:

loveJet
31st Mar 2005, 07:57
RYR legal flying limit is 1,200 hrs. (Irish CAA)

the UK CAA stipulates 900 hrs for British registered airlines.

VIKING9
31st Mar 2005, 13:29
RYR are flogging them even more then :uhoh:

Ryanairpilot
31st Mar 2005, 15:08
lovejet

b0ll0cks.

ryanair limit is 900 block hours per annum. there is agreement with the iaa that the 'year' runs from 1st apr to 31st mar, hence some people start to run out of hours during march.

last time i looked ryanair was an irish registered airline. (the big givaway is the aircraft registrations start with 'ei')

MKDC8
1st Apr 2005, 07:10
Adding a bit more fuel to the leasing speculation, Ryanair have been leasing an Eidelweiss A320(HB-IHX) and a My Travel A321(G-SMTJ) on routes out of STN recently.

Apart from the crewing hours that have incurred due to Ryanair getting blood from their pilots in doing full block hours, there was an interesting report that the airline are having blended winglets fitted to their fleet.

Not sure if this is for new aircraft or both, current and new versions.

That will be interesting to see how many tired pilots clump anything whilst trying to manouver the aircraft onto stands, due to extended wingspan.

Apologies for spelling, just finished a night shift !

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 12:28
yes FR are ordering blended winglets for retrofit on current fleet and on all new aircraft orders, hopefully reducing fuel bill by between 2 to 4%.

European narrowbody fleets:

easyjet 89 current, 94 firm orders, 120 options
Ryanair 79 current, 157 orders, 190 options
Air Berlin 44 current, 60 orders, 42 options.

I seriously doubt FR would ever purchase the A320. They'll just go back to Boeing and tell them they got a deal from Airbus, and Boeing will match it or exceed it. I'm sure Boeing wouldn't doubt for a second that O'leary would think about it! - If Airbus ever said they would undercut the cost of re-training/re-configuring the fleet. Anyway the 737-800 has lowest seat mile cost, almost beating the A321.

Matty J
1st Apr 2005, 16:33
FR were also using a Flyjet 757 (G-FJEA) on Wednesday aswell as the MYT and EDL Airbus 320's.

Direct VTB
1st Apr 2005, 16:45
The a/c in MON livery are indeed Monarch's own a/c operated with MON crew... We are currently doing 88 sectors (44 flights) for RYR mostly if not all out of LTN..

Good money for the company
Plus with an added bonus for every a/c that is on schedule..

cheerio.

Heading back towards VTB.

LTNman
1st Apr 2005, 18:11
This explains why 2 of Ryanair’s shiny new 800’s have been parked up at LTN while Monarch fly their LTN routes

VIKING9
2nd Apr 2005, 07:03
Sources close to the SAT3 camp indicate about 70 crew short at the moment. Lots of people leaving, lots of pilots busting the yearly totals, and as LTNman states, shiny new -800's sitting at LTN. How does MOL anticipate crewing all them new -800's yet to be delivered :confused:

pee
2nd Apr 2005, 11:55
Well, what if he still believes that the 'bloodbath' is going to happen indeed and he'll have many job-seekers around. Besides, he will boost the CE European connections, some skillful people will join therefrom.

sky9
2nd Apr 2005, 14:20
It's interesting that this is happening as it is a direct result of the Agreement with the IAA to do 900 in the year to 31 March, a problem that any fool would recognise. How much more intelligent and commercially attractive to have a rolling 900hrs then all the pilots would not reach their limit at the same time.