PDA

View Full Version : Dilution

cosworth211
30th Mar 2005, 14:00
Sorry, probably wrong place, but could someone explain to me about "dilution" in respect of jet engines, in relation to fuel and fuel flow??

IFTB
30th Mar 2005, 14:22
and neither do most of the punters in here apart from me.

Objection, your Scrubbed honour!

Don't assume anything please! ANd certainly do not try to come across all knowledgable here.
Otherwise , eff off this is JB,
backgrounds are kept secret to protect the innocent.

cosworth211
30th Mar 2005, 14:27
Cheers for that. Where should I post these questions within the forum? Technical??

Onan the Clumsy
30th Mar 2005, 15:01
erm...well how about... the Questions (http://www.pprune.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=67) forum? :rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Mar 2005, 18:18
Mr Scrubbed wouldn't be Jerrichos unitesticulate little friend, would he?

Blacksheep
31st Mar 2005, 03:30
C'mon fellows! I would have thought that a forum called JetBlast would be a very obvious place to post a question about reaction thrust infernal combustion contraptions. There's no need to go all stoichiometric with the poor chap. We could've told him to f*ck off to Ginger Beers and Magicians more politely than that... :uhoh:

ehwatezedoing
31st Mar 2005, 04:35
I picked up this in Scrubbed's link:
Newton's Third Law, which states: For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. In this case, the action is the expulsion of the hot exhaust gas from the rear of the engine. The reaction is the thrust imparted to the engine thrust that the engine transmits to the rest of the airframe.

Perfect definition of a fart!

:E

IFTB
31st Mar 2005, 06:29
Mr cosworth211 was quiet correct in posing his question on this revered forum.
As for the answer............... :rolleyes:

ORAC
31st Mar 2005, 06:51
Neither do most of the punters in here apart from me

Such arrogance....

eal401
31st Mar 2005, 07:03
Will he be back one day?
I do hope not.