PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront Sparks

Execheli
30th Mar 2005, 11:22
Rumour has it that ABSA rocked up at the waterfront to get their heli back from a operator. The operator then told the sherrif that they will not let the machine go. Bad Move. next minute the police rocks up. tempers were flaring, people were shouting and finally they agreed to let the machine stay there behind locked doors.

The machine is due for a main rotor overall in anyway and is not serviceable, why did the operator not disclose this to the actual owner - ABSA?

Just another episode in the crazy setup at the waterfront.

Rhodie
30th Mar 2005, 11:38
No no no... Execheli...

Don't leave it there...!!

More info...!!

(are we talking about the 'Fox-hole' here..??)

R

(Edited to add: Troll bait...????)

Execheli
30th Mar 2005, 11:54
Dunno much more....
Just know the colour of helicopter....red rings a bell.....

:=

B Sousa
30th Mar 2005, 13:45
"The machine is due for a main rotor overall in anyway and is not serviceable"

And when did that stop folks from flying in SA??

Teignmouth
30th Mar 2005, 14:52
Red helicopters in Cape Town sounds like Civair to me. Check their website for photos showing Bell 206Bs painted red all over.

terminator 112
31st Mar 2005, 03:41
Execheli

I find the info about the 206 rotor overhall quite interesting as the respondent in this matter actualy told the Deputy Sheriff, that the aircraft could not be moved as it was overdue for a "Midlife Inspection", (overdue in terms of hours). At first enquiry, the Deputy was told that the aircraft was opperational but when the respondent eventualy arrived on the sceen, it suddenly was "not opperational". The deputy discovered apon inspection that the aircraft had almost 100hrs to go till the next inspection, alternatively inspection was to take place in the first quater of 2006, which ever occurs first. I'm sure that this mis-information was a desparate attempt to prevent Absa bank from moving the machine.

Further, at no stage during the events of Wed. 30th was there any mention of "Rotor Overhall" to the Deputy Sheriff. Was this something that would otherwise have been a closely guarded secret? :ouch:

Gunship
31st Mar 2005, 04:12
From Whinghing Ber$ in Vega$ :

And when did that stop folks from flying in SA??

Why do you only mention SA ? :sad:

How about 'Merica ? They do not do the simplest of math errors do they ? :E

Execheli
31st Mar 2005, 06:12
Terminator 112

So you were the deputy sheriff ...? Do you do any flying at Fisantekraal?

It is an interesting piece of info and even if ABSA wanted to fly the heli away, sorry, no can do. That thing is kaput!

Rebound
31st Mar 2005, 06:23
Execheli, i know the Terminator and by no means is he a Sheriff.

The red helicopter is still roosting in the coop under lock and key.

Gunship
31st Mar 2005, 13:56
I think someone should dot all these happenings in the waterfront down and make lotsa money about of the fictional creation.

A sure best -seller or what ? :E

alwaysinverted
1st Apr 2005, 08:50
Wow, rumours in abundance! Where are the facts and the figures........AND THE TRUTH now????

It is indeed true that ABSA repossesed one of Civair's Jetrangers. The Sheriff had a court order to remove it, but at the end of the day it was agreed between the parties that it could remain in the little hangar under the Sheriff's lock. Hopefully by now, Civair would have resolved their problem.

The Waterfront Helicopter business is truly a great circus. The only organisation running a tight and clean operation is NAC/Makana. I can't believe how crazy the other lot down there have become.

Ernest "Elvis" Macdonald is trying to relive Elvis, has his picture in the local newspaper daily as "fake or real", and little Elvis are now personalising all his number plates with anything that can say Vietnam, Huey, Veetnam, Bert Vietnam, Gary Vietnam, Huey Vietnam and have, according to rumours, named his unborn child "Huey Lewis Elvis Macdonald". Man, this makes for real good comedy.

One can only but wonder why tourists are still prepared to throw money in there. Obviously for the gossip, not the fun of flying in a heli.:ok:

By the way, does anyone know if Civair still have any servicable helicopters to fly. Someone mentioned not so long ago that most of their stuff was really old, tired and timex.:confused:

I saw a stripped out shell (No engines and MR Blades) of a MBB 105 parked next to their wooden shack at CPT International. Also saw their clapped out King Air C90, ZS-MUM standing at FALA looking dirty and really tired.

Wonder when the 747's are coming?:D ;)

Poor "ol Clueless":{