PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Grafitti.

t6 sparky
30th Mar 2005, 09:07
Can anyone explain to me why some Cabin Crew find it necessary to pick up a big black fibre tip pen and scrawl all over any aircraft panels in sight, the aircraft registration and whether there is new or old bunks fitted?

It strikes me that if passengers see this all over the aircraft what do they think about how an airline is being run if the aircraft is being defaced with grafitti in this way?

Sorry about the rant but it makes my blood boil.

A300Man-2005
30th Mar 2005, 09:21
Scrawling all over what panels exactly?

t6 sparky
30th Mar 2005, 09:30
Panels adjacent to main entry doors, galley panels, anything that is flat and a vaguely light colour.

Sorry should've been more specific.

simfly
30th Mar 2005, 09:41
err what aircraft and cabin crew?????? never seen this before apart from photos of southwest's last 737-200 recently....

OzzieO
30th Mar 2005, 11:12
Yep I agree!!! It looks terrible. And I'm speaking about BA here. Writing on the panels by the doors even writing on trolley tops. Tacky tacky tacky.

t6 sparky
30th Mar 2005, 11:41
I'm specifically talking about BA longhaul aircraft,B747 and B777. Must be that they get bored on those long night sectors and just have to write on something!!!!!!!!!

pinkus
31st Mar 2005, 11:24
Are you serious? Who does that ? Honestly how very bloody childish

A300Man-2005
31st Mar 2005, 11:32
I have never seen this on any aircraft at all before. The worst I can recall seeing is some scribbles and stickers on galley carts, etc.

OzzieO
31st Mar 2005, 13:04
Pinkus at BA I think the intention was to try and be helpful for example "new bunks" or "old bunks" written on the galley panel indicates if the bunks are upstairs or downstairs.

It looks terrible I agree but its not intended to be a childish prank.

spoilers yellow
31st Mar 2005, 13:25
Don't think they're trying to be helpful when you find "no bunks!" scribbled on the wall of our long haul 767's none of which have bunks!

ALLDAYDELI
31st Mar 2005, 13:26
I recall G-YMMO being written in black marker pen on the rear galley framework and also above the inside of the portside rear exit door a couple of years back on a BA 777.

OzzieO
31st Mar 2005, 16:36
SP Maybe just maybe the author of the message is trying to be funny? (That falls into the childish category!!).:D

Mashie Niblick
31st Mar 2005, 17:18
Sparky,
Couldn't agree more....bliddy stupid it is. I think this is almost only a BA thing.Have noticed the "new bunks/old bunks" thing written on almost every 747 usually at D1R.I think some bright spark thought they were being helpfull to the 1st class crew in letting those working up there know which type of bunks were on board as you can't see right down the back of the plane.
Quite what difference it makes as to which type of bunks are on board......I will never know??? A bunk is a bunk....surely??

I think they have written the regos on some to help with the filling out of some of the paperwork we have to do.Most of it requires the a/c registration to be written in.I have seen some that looks like it has been done by engineering i.e done with a stencil of some sort and not just written in hand...even some have proper stickers with the reg written on,stuck next to the door.

As I agree that this "bunk" graffitti stuff is plain stupid,and that you guys & gals in Engineering have got enough on your plate without having to waste time cleaning this sort of stuff off galley walls I will help out by removing it from as many as I can whenever I fly on them!
Hope that helps you out a little Sparky.

VSFlightAttd
31st Mar 2005, 18:00
Having worked for BA LHR Eurofleet before and after VS (looong story!), I noticed the Reg written on the dor frames on all the 737s, 767s, 757s and A32Xs I flew there. Funniest though were the 319s and new A320s that had a printed placard at each RH door stating the type and reg, but some still have the reg penned underneath! Guess habits die hard!!

Cheers

VSFA

fourplay
2nd Apr 2005, 04:05
There is a very good reason for this...
What that reason is I am not sure, but there is one!

:} :} :}

davidletterman
2nd Apr 2005, 04:11

...you guys nee to pick up a hobby or something...

homesick rae
2nd Apr 2005, 05:23
In all my years as Cabin Crew I never saw any such thing!?

Just on the meal carts or something.

Cheers

HR

t6 sparky
9th Apr 2005, 14:41
Cheers mashie, if only more of your colleagues were so professional.:D

keeperboy
9th Apr 2005, 22:37
wouldn't really call it grafitti.....

It's there mainly so when we are filling in bar/duty free paper work in the galley we can note the a/c reg (you have to state it on the paperwork).

The reg numbers have been written on the a/c by engineers, not cabin crew.

tiggerific_69
12th Apr 2005, 09:20
ive noticed on the RJ100's at bacx,on D2L they often have the aircraft reg biro'd onto the protective flap thingies around the door and also somewhere above D1R by the control panel or on the control panel.With the embraer its sometimes found by D1R also.why??!!