Hi all,

Just wondering if they are still hiring F/O's for the Dash-8

Thanks in advance
Blue skies.
:ok:

endofeng
30th Mar 2005, 09:02
Don't know!!!!

I had interview in Jan, the Cabair gathering, was told i had been successful, in some kind of unofficial pool, not heard anything since!!!!

I think they are still recruiting, but rumour had it they were having a few problems.....not sure what????

I would be interested to hear peoples views on the present situation.

:confused:

dreamingA380
30th Mar 2005, 09:40
I dont work for them but a few of my buddies do...

I thought there biggest problems (aside from questionable financial sustainability) were crewing ones... so get your CV in!

Good luck

Snigs
30th Mar 2005, 13:18
Flybe still need FO's (and Captains for that matter) to fill the seats, especially as the new aircraft are slowly being delivered.

It is training capacity that is the bottleneck, so if you've passed the sim and are holding, be patient, and I'm sure that they will still look at new CV's, so send them in.

The course I'm on has a wide age and experience gap, from a mid thirties 250 hours person to 3000-ish hours.

Good luck.

endofeng
15th Apr 2005, 01:21
Got call, doing type rating now on Q400.........

Word is there are plans for many more aircraft, including the new Embraer 195, so be patient!!!

Endof:D

bman0602
15th Apr 2005, 08:38
Look at ppjn.com

nuff said.

Howski
15th Apr 2005, 09:14
Hi all

Whats the name and address to send the CV to ?
Whats the interview and sim check like ?

Good luck to all

Thanks in advance

Howski

ABO944
15th Apr 2005, 09:26
Word from the horses mouth .....

"We have just taken on 40 F/O's , not gonna hire again until later in the year".

ABO
:(

Maude Charlee
15th Apr 2005, 09:36
I doubt it. They have interviewed a lot of guys back in January and offered around 60 jobs or provisional jobs dependant on sim checks. However, not many sim checks completed as they can't get the sim slots (1 this month, 2 next month), and people are already taking up offers elsewhere.

Add to this people still leaving flybe, and they have a major recruitment headache. They have plenty of vacancies, but they don't have the resources to get them filled. Keep banging in that CV.

ABO944
15th Apr 2005, 09:49
Its funny that you say this as I spoke to Mr Darby himself and thats what he said to me 3 days ago!

Oh well, will keep sending in the CV !

All the best

ABO

Tallbloke
15th Apr 2005, 10:47
On the other hand on Saturday Mr Darby also said he was off to Jerez in the next few weeks, I assume he is not going just for the weather and the cheap beer?

bunnywabbit
15th Apr 2005, 11:31
The letter I got the other day they are not expecting to recruit until June as the holding pool is full.

er82
15th Apr 2005, 14:05
Ah guys.... They still have people leaving left, right and centre. They just can't train people quick enough. There aren't the sim slots available, not enough line trainers to get the line training done, and the recruitment department was always a bit slow anyway even when they only needed to recruit a few people!

Keep sending in CV's. If you've been told you're in the hold pool, phone and remind them who you are. It's not been unknown in the past for people to be sent a rejection letter when they've been in the company for a few months already!

Looks like revised contracts are heading the way of new-joiners. Make sure you read VERY carefully. In fact, they'll get you to sign it all on your first day. If you get offered a job, make sure you get a copy before you start so you can have a good read and suss out all the little writing....

They still need crew. What with the order of 20 more Q400's, it'll probably be a continual recruitment over the next few months.
Continue to phone and pester nicely. Otherwise you'll be forgotten.

No. 2
15th Apr 2005, 14:19
er82

Do you happen to know what exactly has been revised in these new contracts they're now sending out?

Thanks

er82
15th Apr 2005, 18:36
I couldn't possibly divulge such information...... but check the notice period as I think that will change.....

ABO944
15th Apr 2005, 19:06
er82

Could you check your PM's please??

Dr Pepper670
15th Apr 2005, 20:15
MT (the middle man) from Oxford says that the 40+ OAT students from the already "approved hold pool" will have to wait at least a year before being called forward. I suspect the same is true of Cabair students.

Therefore I would say that Flybe recruitment is closed until 2006 at the very least...Give DD a chance to breathe

er82
16th Apr 2005, 17:39
Dr Pepper670 - Do you really believe everything that MT says?!?!?!

FlyBE constantly have crews leaving. It's like a regular bus service out of the company. They will need to continue to recruit because whilst they may have 40+ students in the pool (of course not all of those will stay in the pool because they'll be offered a job elsewhere for better money), with the new orders of Q400's they'll need to make sure they have enough crew to operate them so they don't get themselves in the same situation as recently where they had un-crewed a/c.

PM's have been checked and replied to!

Dr Pepper670
17th Apr 2005, 10:47
Do you really believe everything that MT says?!?!?!

No.

However, why would Flybe waste more time recruiting unknowns when they have so many "approved" chomping at the bit. If up to 40 leave next week (an unlikely figure anyhow) there are 40 to replace them instantly. And that's just one pool from one school?

Whats your attrition rate? 5 per week? 10 per week?

Where do Flybe pilots leave to go onto?

DrP

Whispering Giant
17th Apr 2005, 12:01
DrPepper - most of the Flybe pilot's of late who have left have gone onto Monarch and Easyjet allthough we have had a few going to Virgin,Thomas Cook,GB airways and one or two have gone to BA.

brgds
W.G

Capt's Little Helper
19th Apr 2005, 13:12
And of course FCA!

Maude Charlee
20th Apr 2005, 09:22
Lofty is talking through a hole in his hat. He is also a very long way from being the 'middle man'. He is simply a point of contact for flybe at OAT, and now that flybe have what they want, Lofty is very much out of the loop.

And the next time OAT crow about their great working relationship with the airlines, ask Lofty why after being in the job almost 3 years he thinks DD is a Captain? Failed to do his research there.