PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting with Qatar on the 30th april

jolie
29th Mar 2005, 15:08
Are there Any guys brave enough, that are starting with Qatar on the 30th april, Im giving it a go just to get my foot in the door, im well aware of the negative feedback but i'll see for myself,so please don't post any harsh comments.

Jolie

OzzieO
29th Mar 2005, 20:30
Jolie I will put money on it that someone makes a negative comment about Qatar Airways.

Take some advice from an old fart, go out with a open mind, work hard and have fun. Given my time again I would have joined one of the Middle East Airlines.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy.

flightlevelchange
29th Mar 2005, 21:26
Hi Jolie

Hope you enjoy Qatar and the lifestyle, I enjoyed my time but used to get to where I am now, looking back I would not change anything about my time their, made some real good friends and had lots of fun, although times have changed and they are a lot bigger now, we only had Paris, Munich and london in my time.

Just remember to watch your back, you never know who is watching you.

Good luck and enjoy

FLC

A300Man-2005
30th Mar 2005, 03:15
Jolie

Welcome to the Arabian Gulf. As Ozzie said, go with an open mind. Be aware of the "comments" made here, but only that. Don't worry about it and you will be fine and will enjoy it. For every person who dislikes QR, there are around a dozen who actually like it. Fantastic group of people working there too.

Ozzie - why describe yourself as an old fart......................?

A300Man

DELTABOY
30th Mar 2005, 06:26
Jolie,
It will be a great experience i'm sure, irrespective of whether Qatar Airways are good or not. Just look at all the negative comments regarding all the airline companies on this site alone, an obvious indicator that wherever you go there is good & bad points. I had a great time in the middle east & met some fun people & experienced a very different & unique side of flying. It is also a good source of character building & I believe will make you a more interesting & confident person for having the courage to live & work abroad in such a different culture.
I wish you loads of luck & have fun, believe me you will look back many years from now & have fond memories & a sense of pride that you did it.:ok:

OzzieO
30th Mar 2005, 07:45
LOL A300MAN I remember when I joined BA 15 years ago and walking into some of the briefings and the age of the crew!! Some of these people had been flying over 30 years!!

I also remember thinking I hope I don't turn into one of those old farts!! Well I have been flying 19 years in total now and when I look at the faces of some of the junior crew I just know what they are thinking when they look at me!!!

Have to say though I think the older crew at BA are some of the best and most professional people I have ever flown with.

jolie
30th Mar 2005, 13:39
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I'll let you know how I get on.:ok: