PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Easy Jet!!!!!

spaceman1000
29th Mar 2005, 13:32
here I am again,

plenty of flying jobs coming with easyjet.
give a look on their website, you can be a flight attendant, or you can answer on the phone.

I gave years and money to this aviation(30% of my dedicated life), and all I can get is an application form to work as a cabin crew.

their website is kicking you out if you do not have the 500 h jet and multi crew...

thank you EASYJET, CAA, TRTO, JAA!!!

Airlines are talking to hire foreign pilots from the USA with a FAA licenses. There is a pilot shortage apparently, I am not surprised, if noone give us a chance, how can I(we) get these 500 hours jet time...??????????

THANK YOU CAA! :mad:

redsnail
29th Mar 2005, 14:40
Perhaps you ought to read the writing before having a rant..

If you don't have a B737 or A319 rating (or you do but not the hours) You'll be streamed for the TRSS.

Co-Pilots need 1,500 hours TT including a minimum of 500 hours multi-crew commercial experience ranging from medium/heavy turboprop to medium/heavy jets or military background (heavy transport, fast jet or multi crew rotary).
It is pretty clear that they expect you to get some time in turprops or smaller jets.

If you do have a B737 or A319 rating, they would like this..
To qualify as a 737 or A319 type rated pilot, we prefer a minimum of 500 hours on type within the last 5 years

Source easyJet (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_ourcurrentrequirements.html)

Now I am no fan of the TRSS (or the CAA/JAA) but I knew what I was getting into when I signed up... Now got a great job outside of the Airline world.
Methinks you need to channel your energy into doing something positive for yourself and targetting your ideal employers.

Arrestahook
29th Mar 2005, 17:41
Your having a rant about how awful it is that Easyjet, a UK airline might allow foreign pilots in to work for them? Are you from the Uk? I thought not. Are you not a touch hypocritical? I think so.

British guys getting jobs with KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, Iberia - not a chance mate. Free for all Britain. Welcome to the soft touch.

JB007
29th Mar 2005, 17:50
Isn't this that Ronchoner bloke or something???!!!!

G SXTY
29th Mar 2005, 18:28
How did you guess? :)

Ian_Wannabe
29th Mar 2005, 22:07
Forgive me for sounding like a newbie but what does TRSS stand for?

mikeshort101
30th Mar 2005, 07:31
Why not try the AQC scheme with CTC??

FliegerTiger
30th Mar 2005, 11:03
Spaceman, Ronchonner, whatever you're caling yourself this week....

We're all in the same boat here.

It's just that nobody else seems to whine about the situation quite as much as you!!!! Easyjet do not owe you a job.

FT :rolleyes:

mikeshort101
30th Mar 2005, 11:25
As I said, try getting on the AQC scheme with CTC

willby
30th Mar 2005, 13:26
Hi Ian_Wannabee,
TRSS= Type Rating Self Sponsored
Regards
Willby

Ian_Wannabe
30th Mar 2005, 14:05
Thanks Willby ;)

rjay259
30th Mar 2005, 16:12
Spaceman,

this is the wannabe section, where we are all trying our hardest to find a job within the aviation industry.

We all need to be supportive to each other and to give good constructive helpful advice.

THIS IS NOT FOR YOU TO SIT HERE AND BI@CH AT WHAT YOU CANT GET.

So for the sake of everyone in here give us a break.

For everyone else I am very sorry for my tone, keep up the hard work and it will all pan out for us.

TRon
30th Mar 2005, 18:44
I would just ignore him, everytime he posts he gets many of you telling him what anarse he is, I am sure it makes his day.

I just laugh when I read his posts. Hopefully you all do to!

carbonfibre
31st Mar 2005, 01:08
Hey JB you dented that that 340 yet, Start the FI in a few weeks.

Well all, let the spaceman RANT ill have his job instead when its available

Carbon

Dutchie
31st Mar 2005, 06:23
spaceman1000 or whatever you called yourselves before.

I think reading your mental state from your postings I think you will not even make it to CC....:rolleyes:

Arrestahook
31st Mar 2005, 09:27
CC? County council?

pink flamingo
31st Mar 2005, 12:13
Arrestahook

Your having a rant about how awful it is that Easyjet, a UK airline might allow foreign pilots in to work for them? Are you from the UK? I thought not. Are you not a touch hypocritical? I think so.

This is not completely true; there are loads of British Pilots working in Europe. However, it is very true that loads of newly qualified Commercial pilots do not speak any other language but English and to my knowledge not that many are ready to relocate in a foreign country.

Let not mention those fully qualified and also experienced commercial foreign pilots who do not speak English at all :} but, fly everywhere in the blue yonder.

I personally am very determined and really do not care that much about all these prejudices. In fact I will carry on applying to every airliner whose requirements match my qualifications (or close) being ready to pack up to relocate and learn a new language if required.

Good luck to you all
PF
:ok:

P.S. I reckon in Aviation there is no room for those obsessed about discrimination, as a flying crew member you should be able to deal with loads of different people; different for nationalities, cultures, sex, age, religion, etc.

Arrestahook
31st Mar 2005, 18:14
Pinkie,

This is not completely true; there are loads of British Pilots working in Europe. However, it is very true that loads of newly qualified Commercial pilots do not speak any other language but English and to my knowledge not that many are ready to relocate in a foreign country.

Let not mention those fully qualified and also experienced commercial foreign pilots who do not speak English at all but, fly everywhere in the blue yonder.

What are you on about Johnnie?