PDA

View Full Version : Where is BA different

Grass strip basher
29th Mar 2005, 11:30
Bit of a random question I know but does anyone have any idea where BA medical requirements differ from the standard class 1 requirements?

Someone told me that they are stricter in some areas but couldn't specify exactly where (did a Pprune search but had no joy).

I imagine it is eyesight but would be curious to hear from anyone who has a class 1 and gone through a medical recently with BA what the major differences are.

Cheers for any info you can give

GSB

BigAir
29th Mar 2005, 22:52
GSB,

The days of the BA doc are long gone. If succesful you get an A4 medical decleration form to fill in which is very straightforward. Send in with a copy of your class 1 and its another tick in the box. I am sure if you have something strange with you that you declare then they may wish to see you.

Worry more about the Interview day and sim day before that point. If you do have something of concern then i am sure a call to recruitment or BA Health services would clear it up.

BigAir

Grass strip basher
30th Mar 2005, 06:40
Many thanks for the response BigAir.... I am some distance from having to worry about a simride just yet... was just curious... but who knows maybe someday;)
Thanks again