PDA

View Full Version : Bmibaby Pay Deal

Unregistered
29th Mar 2005, 10:51
I have heard on the grapevine that the Bmibaby pilots have settled their pay dispute and that the new deal is very good.

I am a current 737 captain and am interested in applying if these rumours are true.

Can anyone shed any light on the details please????

alterego
30th Mar 2005, 10:10
The paydeal is 1.5% plus 9 days off in 28.

There are also 2 days free off duty per roster that the company can buy off you this summer (they can also work you going into these days without payment or invalidating them). After the summer they can compulsorily buy 3 in 6 (averaged over 3 rosters).

Several Captains leaving to become F/Os at Virgin/BA. Some still inthe hold pools, so they haven't resigned yet. F/Os similar picture.

It is going to get very quiet in some of the crewrooms!

Unregistered
30th Mar 2005, 10:18
Sorry alterego that doesnt make much sense.
You get 9 days guaranteed and another 2 days as well but these can be bought back from you and after summer they can only buy 50% of these additional days. So in winter you get 10 days + another that they may or may not buy back. Is this correct or do I have completely the wrong end of the stick?

alterego
30th Mar 2005, 14:21
Nearly right.

It says they can buy back 3 out of 6 DFODs based on 2 DFODs per roster. So one month they might buy both, next none, etc; upto a max of 3. This is from winter programme onwards.

Confusing!

Mr Angry from Purley
30th Mar 2005, 15:21
Alterego
Is that 9 in a rolling 28 day period or fixed period?
Cheers:)

Pukka Pilot
1st Apr 2005, 07:50
Ive applied online, but not heard anything.... are they still recruiting?? 2000 TTL 1000 Jet

acbus1
3rd Apr 2005, 05:46
Question, please: If you assume that all options on the purchase of days off are bought. how much gross cash is that worth, expressed as a percentage of basic gross annual salary? :confused:

On standby
4th Apr 2005, 13:24
COs get £400 per day FOs £250 for DFOD.

Too lazy to do the maths.

Gary Lager
7th Apr 2005, 10:36
acbus 1

Assuming they buy all compulsory DOs but you don't let them have any more, on average it works out as 10 off in 28 and a 5.3% payrise, treating that payment for DOs as part of the wage increase.

The other extremes are: 11 off in 28 and 1.5% (unlikely - we are going to be short of crews this summer),

...or 9 off in 28 (assuming you allow them to buy the others, which would be at the higher normal rate of £500 Capt & £300 FO) and about a 10% rise.

...and free car parking.

On standby
7th Apr 2005, 10:56
Sorry, forgot the free parking!

There are loopholes in the DFOD scheme which the company can use to work you into a DFOD without pay or counting towards the compulsory purchase. Whilst we are short of crews, I expect that they will have to resort to this, so the picture is not totally clear.

However, there does seem to be a change in attitude with the new MD and attitudes could be improving. Time will tell how things pan out.

Basing at Baby dictates how much of a life you get. Cardiff and Teeside crews seem to be working to their roster. The others are getting lots of changes and (especially Captains) get taxied to CWL/MAN at short notice.

acbus1
9th Apr 2005, 05:59
Sorry if I've lost track, but this is the pay deal for 2004, is that correct?

If so the 1.5% will be backdated, but what about the days off? :confused:

jafo33
9th Apr 2005, 09:23
Can anyone based at MAN for Baby tell me what the actual working conditions are like?

How much do you keep to your roster? In fact how far in advance do you get one?

What sort of pattern are you flying?

Many thanks?

acbus1
13th Apr 2005, 06:29
Sorry if I've lost track, but this is the pay deal for 2004, is that correct?

If so the 1.5% will be backdated, but what about the days off?
Anyone, please? :confused:

On standby
13th Apr 2005, 09:34
It was for 2004 and will be backdated.

New talks just about to start for 2005.

acbus1
14th Apr 2005, 05:41
Will the days off be backdated, please? :confused:

On standby
14th Apr 2005, 09:52
No we don't get a penny for the lost days off whilst the negotiations meandered through the Pathfinder building.

We get 2 day off payments (fully taxed) for the lost 2 days leave.

acbus1
14th Apr 2005, 18:32
OK, thanks On standby :ok:

The 2004 pay settlement was, therefore 1.5% plus payment at normal wage rate, taxed, for 2 days leave only.

The 2005 pay settlement will include the extra days off. Those days off with immediate (but not backdated) effect.

All is clear, thanks. :ok:

Gary Lager
14th Apr 2005, 19:55
Not quite - those extra days off are part of the 2004 deal, although not backdated. That deal is done and dusted but you are correct in that those DOs only take effect from now (ie next month's roster).

The negotiations for 2005 haven't started yet but should focus primarily on pay rather than immediate rostering issues (while experience is gained with the new protocols).