View Full Version : Cathay Pacific interview in March in CYVR

ptichap
29th Mar 2005, 04:43
Hi every one,

I was on the Cathay Pacific selection of 2nd officer in Vancouver in the beginning of March and I was wondering if any of you who went there for this session had any news from them ????

And also for those who went thru an interview for Cathay how much time they take to answer you ???

Thanks for reply.

Ptichap

P.S. I didn't received anything from them since.

goingdown
29th Mar 2005, 11:29
from my experience i did the 1st interview on 07/09/04 and got a phone call on the 20th that month to invite me to HKG.
Good luck

marbles1
30th Mar 2005, 00:46
I interviewed on March 7th in YVR. They told me to call the following Friday and was told I had passed the first interview at that time. Last week they e-mailed me and I am going for stage 2 on June 8-9. My suggestion is to give them a call asap.

apu hunter
3rd Apr 2005, 16:33
Marbles,

Can you debrief us on your interview?

Tks and good luck on the second round!

Cheers,

AH

Medwin
3rd Apr 2005, 23:31
Marbles,

OFF TOPIC!

I'm trying to change my trip to HK, so May 30 might work for me, I'll let you know ASAP.

Medwin

marbles1
6th Apr 2005, 10:13
Medwin

sounds good. Let me know by 15th April so I can bid my May sked appropriatlly.

In response to first interview.

Very similar to what everyone else has stated. Personal questions suprised me a little as their were very few open ended questions to sell myself. Everything was direct and to the point
regarding education, flying, some questions on why I didn't chose other companies, were to live in Hong Kong and why, wx in Hong Kong, cost of living.

Tech was straight foreward
-Mel-purpose,can you go with a defect noted after pushback but before t/o, can you go if an item isn't in the mel.
-Drag curve, lift equation-what is v, questions regarding types of engines and thrust on CX aircaft, climb segments and normal climb gradiant, explain how vorticies form and the purpose of winglets.
-Couple of questions regarding CRM-have you ever had trouble with any Captains

Thats all I can rember for now

Marbles