PDA

View Full Version : Planned leg pulls for 1 April Ė and classics from the past

aged
28th Mar 2005, 19:31
The 1st of April is approaching, just been reminded of it seeing another threadís title. I have to say I havenít actually done anything for a few years but it could be time to change that. Iím in Russia just now so Iím not sure if they ďcelebrateĒ it but Iíll find out shortly I guess.

The best one I can remember seeing was from the BBC many years ago (I didnít see it live!) showing the spaghetti crop in Italy. A reporter was in an orchard and all the trees had strands of spaghetti hanging from them and him saying how good a harvest it was going to be this year. Classic!

Konkordski
28th Mar 2005, 19:43
Iím in Russia just now so Iím not sure if they ďcelebrateĒ it but Iíll find out shortly I guess.

Russia does indeed take part. Previous Russian newspaper gags have included Pravda's report on a decision to build a competing Moscow metro (in the interests of Russia's new-found capitalism) and news agency Tass' hysterically funny statement that Russia's Parliament was thinking about reinstating the Warsaw Pact.

SilsoeSid
28th Mar 2005, 19:59
Text message.

Hi mate, I'm stuck in London and need your help. Battery on my mobile running out. I'm with a friend, can you please ring 020 7219 5839 and ask for Tony, he can then put you through to me. Thanks mate, SS.

Used it last year with great success. :E
UK google search "020 7219 5839" to find the secret!!