PDA

View Full Version : Req: Acquiring ex RAF Jaguars

jethro15
28th Mar 2005, 16:42
Can anyone help?

I have a contact in the USA who would like to acquire for exhibition/display purposes an English Electric Lightning and/or ex RAF Jaguars.

By now the Lightning may be out of the question unless anybody knows of any in private collections, other than the five known to be in South Africa. However, I am led to believe that a disposal programme for the Jaguars has started (Or about to start – military aviation is not my forte).

Does anybody out there have contact details for anybody in the RAF or MOD who may be able to assist in this enquiry (Name, address, phone, fax or e-mail etc)?

This is a genuine request, and replies in the form of a personal message would be greatly appreciated

jethro

Zlin526
28th Mar 2005, 17:26
Why not look on Ebay, most of the MOD's flying equipment seems to be sold there....:{

Safety_Helmut
28th Mar 2005, 17:32
Just hang on

Didn't the Tories promise to resurrect the Jag fleet when they come into power......?

Safety_Helmut :eek:

ImageGear
28th Mar 2005, 17:50
A little bird told me that the Lightning on the grass at Booker may be up for sale.

Imagegear

Maczz
28th Mar 2005, 20:30
There was a really nice example of lightning in a field next to the A1 adjacent to the A17 turnoff....

Me thinks it would need more lottery funding than the Vulcan..

Is that the time... ?

Razor61
28th Mar 2005, 21:35
Try using this DSA Website (http://www.edisposals.com/) for acquiring ex military hardware. They recently had Sea Harrier F/A2's and Green Goddesses up for sale.

Safety_Helmut
28th Mar 2005, 21:39
To enhance your efficiency, release valuable operational space, realise the value of unwanted assets, and yet properly address environmental issues, contact us to find out more.
or to help you get a few lousy quid for those vital assets that some short sighted buffHoon has made you get rid of ?

Safety_Helmut

mystic_meg
28th Mar 2005, 23:09
From the DSA website ref: Green Goddesses:

Documented Mileage 2000/3000 miles only with service history, sold with Equipment schedule to include Ladders, Hoses, Tools, and Pipes Etc. Can be U.K Registered as Historic Vehicle M.O.T & TAX Exempt A unique opportunity to own a real piece of British History Prices from £3500 +VAT Ideal as a works fire vehicle Farm Irrigation Pump, Advertising Banner, Promotions Vehicle.

British History eh? ....so Slugger Prescott is confident that these won't be needed again?? :ooh:

..(sorry for the thread creep, but there is a tenuous link....'2 Jags' and all that..:E )

16 blades
28th Mar 2005, 23:56
..Maybe BuffHoon's nickname should be changed to "No Jags"?

.......votes?

16B

SASless
29th Mar 2005, 00:11
Jagsless would be my vote!

mustangpilot
29th Mar 2005, 05:23
I have a Lightning in the USA now for sale. I don't think the BATF will let anymore into the U.S. There are only 2 here.

A2QFI
29th Mar 2005, 17:58
There is a fleet of Jaguars rotting in hangars in Nigeria. I am sure none of them would be flyable. but they might do a for static display aircraft

Pontius Navigator
29th Mar 2005, 18:16
There is a Lightning off the A52 at Croft near Skegness. Don't know if its for sale though.