PDA

View Full Version : JAA IR and Medical Renewals

bushpilot777
28th Mar 2005, 15:34
Hey guys!!

Just a quick question! Does anyone know of a flight training organisation in South Africa or anywhere else in Africa that does JAA Instrument and JAA Class One renewals?

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Irv
28th Mar 2005, 22:18
Medicals: Appear to be 4 in SA - 2 in joberg, one in Simonstown, one in Moreletapart.
Go to Non-UK-resident AMEs (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=65&applicationid=21&mode=list&county=Non-UK) - then page down til you get to the 'South Africa' bit

bushpilot777
29th Mar 2005, 15:25
Thanks for the info. Now I got the medical but are there any JAA approved schools in South Africa that carry out JAA Instrument Rating Training and renewals?? Any info would be terrific.

Cheers

silverknapper
29th Mar 2005, 18:39
No one does mate. JAA IR has to be flown in JAA aispace. There used to be a JAA CPL school, but they went under, malicously taking a lot of people with them.

south coast
29th Mar 2005, 21:03
not true, you can do a renewal in sa, there is a lady based out of rand who does them, i am about to do one with her...

bushpilot777
31st Mar 2005, 15:21
Hey South Coast, you couldnt by any chance give me her name and contact address could you. I live in East Africa and SA is a whole lot closer than the UK for a renewal.

Cheers!!