PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Ireland - Options

Trag
28th Mar 2005, 12:08
Would any of you out there care to give a few pointers to an expat whom has been away from the European scene for quite some years now?

I am returning to Ireland with my family and am looking for options that may allow me to continue operating.
I am typed on the Airbus family - 320/330/340 as an FO with a couple of years Command on 320.

What options are available - even as an option of commuting to UK to work out of there?

Do many guys live in Ire and commute say with Virgin Atlantic, Atlas Air... etc.... ??

Any pointers in the right direction as to what my options may be would be well appreciated!

Cheers

Trag;)

banana head
28th Mar 2005, 13:10
There are 2 new 320 operators in Ireland, both of whom have recently advertised in Flight. EirJet and ExxAvia.
Both are Dub based I believe, although EirJet's HQ is in SNN.
Both looking for type rated Capt's.
You can get in touch with EirJet by email at <[email protected]>
I'm afraid I dont have contact details for ExxAvia, but if you look at the adverts on flightinternational.com and go back a few pages I'm sure you'll find it.
With regard commuting between Ireland and the UK, There are always a couple of BA / Virgin / Cathay / Dragon etc etc crew hanging around gate 88 in LHR trying to get home - so I'd say its pretty common and not a big problem!...