PDA

View Full Version : Air Midwest cargo employee flies in cargo hold

Check 6
28th Mar 2005, 11:59
Baggage employee locked in baggage hold flies from Milwaukee to Philadelphia. (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050326/ap_on_fe_st/man_in_cargo_1)

Check 6

BoeingMEL
29th Mar 2005, 15:48
..... and, with respect..... if you believe this you'll believe that you can plait fog...... bm

Check 6
29th Mar 2005, 16:12
BoeingMEL, does this mean that you do not believe everything that you read in the news?

;)

Check 6

BoeingMEL
30th Mar 2005, 07:45
well Check 6...at my age maybe I'm allowed to be cynical! Cheers bm

Check 6
30th Mar 2005, 09:54
BoeingMEL, per your profile, if you recently retired you are not old at all, and I suspect only 3-4 years older than myself.

I also flew JetRangers in a previous life.

Cheers to you,

Check 6

"Kick the tires, light the fires, brief on guard, first off is lead."

:ok:

Speedpig
30th Mar 2005, 13:59
..... and, with respect..... if you believe this you'll believe that you can plait fog......

Please explain why it's not believable?

I have seen a man come out of the hold of a Wardair B747-100 after a transatlantic crossing.
This was about 20 years ago and security in YYZ was clearly not too tight as he allegedly hid in a ULD unknown to anyone.
He was in what is best described as a very deep sleep although we thought he was dead and came too with large lungfulls of O2 forced into him.
From memory, I'm sure the hold was unheated as there was no livestock in there with him and can only assume that the surrounding luggage acted as insulation.
He too got to ride in the passenger compartment to go to court in Toronto.

BoeingMEL
30th Mar 2005, 14:22
well guys... I dont doubt that he travelled the sector in the hold... but if his incarceration was invuluntary, he could have made his predicament known to evrybody within 200 yards! Hmm local newspaper now reporting that after stretching his legs he was able to take a short cab-ride to his mother's home 3 miles from the airport. What fantastic good fortune to be taken several hundred miles - accidentally - and land right by mom's!

Hopefully he'll get away with a written warning! Cheers! bm

(Cheers and good luck Check 6... I retired at 47 with multiple sclerosis... which takes abite out of me every day... 54 now but still opening my own beers...)

Check 6
30th Mar 2005, 14:39
BoeingMEL, well by golly I am older than you (57). Sorry to hear that you were forced to retire early, but the fact that you can open your own beer puts a smile on my face.

Take care my friend,

Check 6

GotTheTshirt
31st Mar 2005, 06:48
Hi BM and Check 6.
Did you read the next news article down on the Yahoo link ??

There is hope for us old guys even yet !!:D

GTS