PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Jet in Full Excel airways colours!

jumbo girls
28th Mar 2005, 10:04
Excel airways will see the first 747-200 take to the skies in there full colour scheme!

The Aircraft will be one of Air Atlanta Icelandic's, reg TF-ARG & dept from Brize Norton on 3rd of April on a series of MOD flights.

Along with this aircraft, there will be 3 more 747s which shall carry the colours of Excel Airways this summer.

The aircraft will be 747-200 TF-ABA which will be based in LGW & TF-ABP 747-200 & TF-ARS 747-300 which shall be based in Manchester.

This is yet another step towards a single operation between Excel Airways & Air Atlanta Europe under the Excel Airways brand.

DELTABOY
28th Mar 2005, 10:25
Fab....Excel 747's would look cool, especially the 300.
Do you happen to know if they are being operated with XLA cabin crew or EUK's?:cool:

jumbo girls
28th Mar 2005, 16:00
Of what i know, all the 747s will be operated by EUK crews.
But before the years out, all the EUK crews will become Excel Crews when the merger of the two carriers is complete.
So I should imagine it will then give some of the original Excel Crews opportunity to cross fleets & be trained on all the 747 variants.

BOH
30th Mar 2005, 10:57
Oh wow! :)

I knew about the purchase but I had no idea they were going to merge operations!So whats happening of EUK, is it going to disapear!?Shame if so!!

Any news on Excel and Helios?Whats happening with these two carriers?

Cheers

BOH

Lite
30th Mar 2005, 11:14
I thought that the Libra Group had sold the majority of their shareholding in Excel Airways to the Avion Group who own Air Atlanta Europe, Air Atlanta Icelandic & Islandsflug.

Libra then used the money they had made from selling out XLA, to purchase a shareholding in Helios, and turning this from a more charter airline to a scheduled outfit?

It makes sense to just have one charter airline in the UK, rather than two. Although, I've been told the 742 will be painted in "XL.com" colours rather than the usual excelairways scheme.

irishcc
30th Mar 2005, 13:05
yeah....it will have XL.COM not Excel Airways

Turn It Off
30th Mar 2005, 16:29
Will it be excel or EUK doing the Gatwick - Cardiff - Sandford route this year?

It was a 742 last time about.

Miss World
30th Mar 2005, 17:04
AAE will be operating the cardiff-sanford.

barbiegirl
30th Mar 2005, 18:31
"Although, I've been told the 742 will be painted in "XL.com" colours rather than the usual excelairways scheme."

all the excel aircraft are changing to XL.com as this is the companys new branding.

Wycombe
30th Mar 2005, 21:03
....Girls, is that the start of the South Atlantic Contract?