PDA

View Full Version : BA 767 Longhaul expansion

BWBriscoe
28th Mar 2005, 09:18
I know that the longhaul 767's cabins are being overhauled, but a friend of mine told me that four extra 767s are to be converted to longhaul sometime this year.

Has anybody got any info on this? I don't know whether he was getting confused with the overhauling of the cabins but he definitely said that 4 shorthaul 767s were to be converted to longhaul layout.

Any ideas?

BWB

DELTABOY
28th Mar 2005, 10:46
Yeah a CSD mate of mine on Euro Fleet LHR reckons alot of the B767 are now destined to long haul duties.
He's licenced on the Airbus, 757 & 767 fleet but says he hardly ever sees the 767 now. So I guess from that alone the 767's appear to be migrating to warmer climes, mainly Africa, Middle East, North America & Caribbean.
Infact I flew on them recently to Tanzania & thought they looked pretty clean & well presented, although the cabin crew didn't seem so keen about them.

HZ123
28th Mar 2005, 14:59
Both correct. In fact all of the 767's are to be refurbed as BA intends to retain them for at least 5 + years as the potential sale to the RAF is no more. The a/c can be fully utilised on a number of the Carribean routes that are of limited cap as to S America & N America.

BWBriscoe
29th Mar 2005, 07:58
Any ideas on where the 767 longhaul expansion is?

BWB

MarkD
29th Mar 2005, 12:46
Seems much like Air Canada's planning these days (get more RJs in, move the displaced A32x to internal/US and move 767s displaced by those to international). Long haul is where the least competition is, after all.