PDA

View Full Version : MEIR on the continent compared to UK

lloverseed
28th Mar 2005, 08:16
Hi all,

I am looking at booking in my MEIR training, and I'm a little confused as to the best place to do it.

I see that by doing it in Spain rather than the UK I will be saving a grand total of over 4000 pounds, thats FOUR GRAND!!

Now forgive me for being naive but what I'm I an not getting for my money here, and what are the pitfalls of doing it out on the continent.

The obvious one is that I am not doing it in UK airspace, but if at the end of the day I am still getting the same license and inbetween getting experience of European airspace plus saving 4 grand, for me it seems a no brainer, but alas in aviation I know there are two sides to one story and would like to hear the other.

In particular I would like top hear from anyone who has taken this route and also if anyone could recommend any flight schools in Europe for the best deal.

Has anyone had any experience of AEROFAN in Madrid?

In addition doing it here is cheaper than doing an FAA conversion, plus you will be doing all your flying in one go rather than messing around converting your license and clocking up protential additional hours.

Guys what I'm I missing here?

Thanks all for your help it is most appreciated!!!

ikea
28th Mar 2005, 18:38
the main ptfall fo doing it in the UK is that a majority of courses have a significant amount of simulator time. now whats better? 55hours flying a REAL ac in a country that is not the UK? Or just 15hours ina real ac, the rest in a sim? In mu oppinon, the best thing is to get as much real flight experience as poss.