PDA

View Full Version : EU Jet

Kev 1
28th Mar 2005, 08:08
Hi

Anyone know how many people were on the first EU Jet flight from NCL to MSE last night?

Cheers

Kev

Buc Driver
28th Mar 2005, 08:57
Dito the Belfast service.

jabird
28th Mar 2005, 11:10
Didn't they have some serious fog problems at MSE holding everything up.

One or two disgruntled pax at MJV yesterday wondering when they were going to be told about their return flight home. Come to think of it, I'd guess there were about 10 of them, certainly nowhere near any kind of break even point.

Sharky12t
28th Mar 2005, 13:41
NCL-MSE flight departed at 21:30 with 42+2 pax on board, operated by the Blue Line F100. Delays were caused by fog at MSE.

HZMIS
28th Mar 2005, 17:00
Eu-jet seem to look very successful at the present, they have evn been hiring in 146s and mds to do some of their flights, but the real pointer is that they have survived the winter period and surely should now make it through through the easiest period, of coarse that being summer.

Go on Eu-Jet
P.s. I have been to Manston not so long ago and the average count on flights was around 45, it seemed so unrealistic at first that Eu-Jet would make a success, but they have. So well done and good on them

LBA
28th Mar 2005, 19:48
45 pax a success?:eek:

nickmanl
28th Mar 2005, 19:56
I'm not too sure if the figure is around 45 but something small like that may be the break even number for EU Jet considering they only pay the set of landing fees at their destinations and not Manston!

If so, then yes, 45 would be successful.

And BTW, they only survived the winter because of a cash injection from some ill-advised investors who still reckon EU Jet will last.

Once that money has gone they may also. They need to start advertising the crap out of themselves in order to create a brand.

I'm in London a lot and I have only seen one EU Jet advertisement, and that was in London Bridge station. They need radio, and billboards everywhere. If they're worried about the price, they won't have an airline by next xmas.

jabird
28th Mar 2005, 23:43
considering they only pay the set of landing fees at their destinations and not Manston!

Just because airline & airport are same company doesn't mean they pay no landing fees. Someone has to cover the costs involved, and I don't think Planestation could afford to subsidise EUJet in the way that certain Ryanairports do.

I'm in London a lot and I have only seen one EU Jet advertisement, and that was in London Bridge station.

Would this really be their target market? If they are going to work, they have to attract local users in the Southeast. Granted, LB is the right terminus, but I'd expect more promotion nearer to MSE. Afaik, I have seen them advertise around Sevenoaks, but not sure how many people round there would use MSE over LGW.

HZ123
29th Mar 2005, 09:10
I wish them every success. As to no landing fees at MSE surely that in the current EUnion laws would be illegal and would have been challenged by another LC outfit. I was under the impression that Ryan had already got into trouble at Char-----.

phil_2405
29th Mar 2005, 10:32
I think most LCC's pay 0 landing fee's at airports, don't they? They are simply charged by the amount of pax they carry.

Although I guess its a bit different when the same company own the airline and airport!

tom de luxe
29th Mar 2005, 10:52
As to no landing fees at MSE surely that in the current EUnion laws would be illegal and would have been challenged by another LC outfit. I was under the impression that Ryan had already got into trouble at Char-----.
That's because over at CRL, they're state-owned (or state-funded). The rule is "no subsidsies" to create a level playing field between airports and airlines - but if a privatly held (and funded) entity wants to burn its money, be it by running an airport at loss or by running an airline at loss, that's basically fine with the EU.
Such behaviour might amount to unfair competition, but that's unlikely in this case, and anyway the EU doesn't care. The competitors do, but in EUjets case, they probably can just sit and wait for the wheels to come off the wagon. Saves a lot of money on legal fees.:E

Jamesair
29th Mar 2005, 19:30
I note that the MSE - NCL flight times have changed already from early afternoon to late night. I am bit worried about inbound pax from NCL arriving at MSE at 2330. Can they get transport to their final destinations at this time?....say Canterbury, Margate etc.

GVAirlines
5th Apr 2005, 15:24
They may have landing fees at MSE, which of course they would charge in their extra charges, but sure it just goes back into the company structure anyway, so no landing fees at MSE as such!!

I'm in the South East all of the time, and London and I hear about EUjet all of the time. They will do well, and yes they got a cash injection after Christmas, January to be precise, but they have still made it through Winter and I'm sure they are looking forward to the Summer, especially July and August.

Was talking to one of their Commercial team the other day and he was happy with forward bookings and some very very exciting developments that they have coming soon, and he would kill me if I revealed them on here!!:O So watch this space!!

Their load factors are now over 50% and nearly at 60%, and even better from SNN on their leisure stuff!

Best of luck to them- alot of good hardworking people there putting in alot of work!!

southender
6th Apr 2005, 12:20
Currently EUJET have a promotion in the London Evening Standard where they are offering 10,000 free seats over the coming months, but not during the summer peak. Two destinations are offered each day with, presumably 1,000 seats to each.

One way to increase load factors perhaps. I would have thought that with figures hovering around 50% this could be an expensive loss leader if the free tickets do not attract fare paying passengers to accompany them.

Still, good luck to EUJET.

Southender

Foker1001
25th Apr 2005, 10:52
I just heared from a reliable contact that eujet are opening a new base out of Stansted [EGSS].
They have new plans to run this base just like Hooters Airline in the USA. They think they will attract the Stag/Lads outing market offering flight so places like PRG, BUD and AMS!!!

This was leaked from aninternal Email:
Easy to buy! Fun to fly!
Non stop jet service! All Fokker fleet!
One-Way Fares
No advance purchase requirements
No Saturday night stay requirements - travel when you want!
Extra leg room!
Real food on most flights!
One class configuration in the cabin - We call it Club Class!
All leather seats
The best customer service!
The same great flight crews plus Three sexy Eujet Hooters Girls on every flight!
A great experience that enlivens the senses and puts the fun back in flying!

Man would I love to fly for these guys...........

:ok: :ok: :ok: :E

Flap42
25th Apr 2005, 10:58
Wonderd how long it would be before this would be public! I dont think any other company has had a go at this sort of thing in the UK. Could go one of several ways but I have a feeling it will go very well..

Wonder if I get to sit on the interview panel!!!!!;)

jamesbrownontheroad
25th Apr 2005, 17:47
All leather seats

I suppose it is easier to wipe vomit / spilt beer off leather seats than it is to clear fabric ones :hmm:

*j*

A4
25th Apr 2005, 18:39
Not sure I'd want to be one of the "sexy EUJet Hooters Girls" on an F100 full of stag/lad weekenders.......... :rolleyes: Isn't there something about "duty of care" on the part of employers?

eastjimmy
15th May 2005, 13:57
hello all, any one know how euj are doing is this hooters thing pie in the sky or what... well it looks like they have got over the major hurdle of the winter and heres hoping that the summer brings the bums on seats in vast quantities.... speaking of which hows their loads of late.. the summer destinations will do well iam sure but what of the "business" routes...
regs
ej:D

Twitcher
15th May 2005, 18:50
The Hooters/Stansted rumour is rubbish. Never was gonna happen and never will. No idea where that came from!
Load factors are improving. Possibility of using ATRs on routes that can fill 50 seats each time. Better than ditching the route.

LuckandNeat
15th May 2005, 21:28
The load figures are looking just fine, especially for the near future !

Jes
17th May 2005, 09:05
The Hooters stuff was a staff suggestion...........

From early June the following cuts apply

BFS down to Tue Fri Sun
NCL down to Tue Fri Sun
BUD down to Fri only
EDI loses Sat service

EUjet is seriously looking at 2-3 ATR42s, to operate thin routes from October. They might base a similar number at SNN.

Quite a few flights are sold out around the Spring BH week.

WOWBOY
17th May 2005, 17:05
It has been rumoured that Eujet are thinking of re-launching the Glasgow to Kent flights which terminated earlier this year?

Would there be any chance of GLA-SNN or EDI-SNN?

If they do require ATR's I would be great to see them operating from PLH??

EGMH
18th May 2005, 16:26
For anyone interested F-GPYB ATR-42, is operating the Dublin route today for EUjet. In full Airlinair colour scheme.

Curious Pax
19th May 2005, 08:50
F-GPYB also operated the Manston-Manchester flight yesterday and today.