PDA

View Full Version : I need some tips...

Fly_Girl747
28th Mar 2005, 00:41
Hello everyone!!

I just finished a flight attendant course at a private institute and I would like to get some tips from people in this industry before applying for a job.

I'll be moving to Canada on June, so I think I should start to apply from there.

Regards,

Fly_Girl747 ;)

fourplay
28th Mar 2005, 05:38
Dear 747,

My sister got hers done in the High Street by Dr O'toole.
She was very happy and... hang on, oh you said Tips :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

OZcabincrew
28th Mar 2005, 07:20
hahahaha, funny!

unfortunately from what i know and hear, airlines don't look at having done a Flight Attendant course as too much of an advantage. Every airline has their own way of training which can be different from the next airline, so they like to train you up themselves the way they want you, not the way someone else thinks you should be. I guess a benefit of having done a course may be it's given you a little insight into the industry and what to expect etc.

Good luck!

:D

SydEY
28th Mar 2005, 23:54
Hey Fly_girl747, dont wait till June to start applying, research the airlines you are interested in and start applying now! Most airlines take time to process applications so its never too early. Good luck.

Left Wing
29th Mar 2005, 05:35
Read up on airline web sites, you will be under more pressure as you have done this course so should know a lot more than other applicants.

If applying to Middle east airlines read up on islam , customs of these countires V V imp
:ok:

crewmeal
29th Mar 2005, 06:52
At this private institute I hope they took you to a pool where you could use a real lifejacket and dinghy and swim fully clothed for at least 50 yards!

Did you do any sort of practical drill with any kind of slide? Did you try on the smoke hood and crawl around a mock up and drag out a corn dolly?

What about first aid? For the money you paid then I hope you had at least a week covering most aspects of this important subject.

Good luck on your applications, but don't over sell the institution in your interviews as many airlines will not be too impressed.

Fly_Girl747
29th Mar 2005, 10:07
Thanks for replying!!

I did this course, it was very interesting. They trained us in a swimming pool with lifejackets and fully clothed, in a camp in case we have to survive without food and water, we learned CPR and first aid, that was the most important part of this course.

I think you are right, I'll start to apply to airlines before moving back to Canada, I know it's not easy to get a job in the industry, but I like to hear how it is from people that's already in there.

;)

flystarboy
29th Mar 2005, 21:40
MMmmmmm Canadian Aviation...... Not sure what airlines there are solid and sound... they seem to have a span of a few months possibly due to the low pax numbers?

Fly_Girl747
31st Mar 2005, 01:23
Hi Everyone!!

I know how things are in Canada in the aviation industry, but I want to be positive while applying to airlines and of course any information would be of great help to me.

:ok: