PDA

View Full Version : 3 months U.S training

Kempus
27th Mar 2005, 13:23
Hi guys!

In talks wi work and there maybe the chance of getting 3 months unpaid leave to go to the states and learn to fly.

I am thinking of going to either EFT or Naples and with the goal of gaining a fATPL, to what level do you think i would be accomplish for the flying side ie, 150hrs, multi, night, etc???

I'm looking at doing distance learning ATPL exams and the IR all back in the UK which has to been done here anyway.

Any ideas?

kempus

maxwell4065
27th Mar 2005, 13:30
In 3 months you could get a ppl,night,multi and a total of 150 hours. I did at EFT.

Kempus
27th Mar 2005, 16:23
hi!

Was it hard going to get all that done in the time? what kinda budget were you working on to achieve it?

kempus

Kempus
28th Mar 2005, 10:27
any one wanna add there bit???

maxwell4065
28th Mar 2005, 13:24
I am on EFT's APP course but speak to them and I am sure they will offer you a very competitive deal. On top of the flying and accommodation costs a car is a must.

Farrell
29th Mar 2005, 02:23
I've been here for four weeks now and i've got 22hrs of my ppl done. the weather has been really bad and there's been a few problems with aircraft. nothing out of the ordinary, just bad weather and bad luck with planes.

staff and instructors here are top notch - no complaints......except for the weather.

i managed to go solo two days ago, so at least i got that in.

Matthew Adams
29th Mar 2005, 18:14
Congratulations Farrell - now all you need to do is to practice speaking French to the controllers when everyone else is speaking English!

Farrell
30th Mar 2005, 23:48
Matty........sssshhhhhhhh!

Navs are there to be seen and not heard!

727Man
31st Mar 2005, 15:21
Kempus,
I went to Debenair @ Titusville/Space Coast Regional Airport, October till December 2003. I Had 45 previous hours but no licenses I finished with FAA Cpl Multi/IR and 250hrs. I am now doing distance learning converting to JAA. It can be done!
Good luck!

Kempus
11th Apr 2005, 17:14
Hi guys!

thanks for your replies! Things have now kinda changed and now planning on doing the fast track ppl at the end of june and then two months of flying states side.

now i plan to do a few hours between the ppl and going back over so really what would i be aiming for in the two months. bearing in mind i wont have the atpl exams so cant do the cpl but apart from the hours building what else can any recomend i do in the time?

I would be looking at flying 6 days a week weather permitting!

kempus :E

CAT3C AUTOLAND
11th Apr 2005, 20:04
I would be looking at flying 6 days a week weather permitting!

A bloody rest!

Kempus
11th Apr 2005, 21:47
i know that would be good but gotta try get in as much as i can and if six days a week is too much i can cut it down to five.

No pain no gain eh!

FougaMagister
13th Apr 2005, 10:06
Back in 2001, I was at PAN AM for three and a half months and managed to do PPL, IMC, Night and Multi-Engine (L), plus quite a bit of hour building over the Sunshine State. Arrived with 7.5 hours, left with 177. That meant 2 flights a day and around 50 flight hours a month for three months (plus the theory and R/T exams)! Hard work but worth every penny!

Enjoy Florida :ok:

PaddyMcGinty
13th Apr 2005, 11:42
In 3 months you could get up to 250 hours if you worked hard at it. I got about 100 hrs last year in florida in 4 weeks with about 5 hrs a day or so. Have a look at Debenair in titusville. They're great and very friendly. They are also starting to do JARs now. I'm going back to do my CPL IR. Doing my ATPLs DL with Bristol Ground School. I would highly recommend them, their notes and feedback is brilliant. If your going USA for 3 months, get a multi CPL or PPL and get as many multi hours as you can cos thats what counts now. Just make sure you got your class 1 medical first.

Good luck

ikea
13th Apr 2005, 11:56
im hopeing to do my PPl-Night-Multi+100 PIC in 2 months, well in staying an extra week or so. After three years working for my namesake, im not so sure if im leaving or not (and keeping a '0 hour' contract. But as i dont have 5years serveice, im not able to take unpaid leave for suc h a period. My emplyer is very floexible tho! But i know that not all are like this?1