PDA

View Full Version : Stop Slagging Off

pacific.heights
27th Mar 2005, 10:13
I am getting fed up with all the slagging off recently.

We are all doing the same job so i think we should respect each other and our choice. Reading over and over again that BA is the best airline and Astraeus the worst is getting boring. When will some people understand that what is good for one person is not automatically good for another? I know some people who enjoyed Astraeus, some who didn't like BA, some who loved BA etc etc

For instance, i did not enjoy myself at GB aiways, now i am not saying it's a bad airline, it is just that it wasnt for me, but i do respect other people opinions and i am sure some people are very happy at GB.

I now work for BMI, lots of people can't stand it, but so far, appart from the management, i enjoy it. Crew are lovely which helps, considering the longs days we have.

And it does hurt for instance when my flatmate who works for BA says that i work for a ****ty airline. So i can understand how people must feel at astraeus or Air Atlanta or even Bmed when these airlines seem to be a permanent target on this forum.

DELTABOY
27th Mar 2005, 10:38
Here, here Pacific Heights,
Well said!!:ok:

flapsforty
27th Mar 2005, 17:11
pacific.heights, I like your thinking!
While there is a lot to be said for making information about different airlines' practices regarding crewing, rostering, salary etc. available to eachother so we can all make informed choices about where we want to work, slagging off eachother's companies is a pretty stupid thing to do.

As you say, it is not only boring to read, it can actually be hurtful.

Let's stop the malicious dissing & keep up the flow of information.
:ok:

London Jets
28th Mar 2005, 01:26
Thought I covered the AEU bashing in the last Astraeus thread!!! But it does apply to any airline really, bottom line is if you don't like where you work then leave.

pacific.heights - I like the thought about the thread, just hope this one doesn't turn into a "he said, she said" and "my job is better than yours" thread.

L J

Diverse
29th Mar 2005, 14:09
BA has come in for a lot of unnecessary slagging off, very few people have said BA is perfect in here recently as well, though not exclusive to this forum. I do agree though with what your saying pacific.heights. As for your flat mate...tell them to **** off.

flystarboy
29th Mar 2005, 21:21
Can I add my bit?

I worked for Astraeus and enjoyed it no end and I now work for British Airways and also enjoy it no end and before you question how many airlines I have worked for.. I can say many and My flying experience spans 23 years...... :D :D :ok: