bacardi walla
11th Mar 2006, 06:13
It would be nice to know what the hell you are talking about :eek:

tilewood
11th Mar 2006, 06:54
No.... not another A380 schedule to the island!! :ok:

Buster the Bear
11th Mar 2006, 20:35
Bembridge to Luton according to the local grapevine. Twice daily with a BN2 starting April 1st!

The idea is to feed passengers into the many lo-co flights.

GBALU53
11th Mar 2006, 21:54
With the airfield on the Isle Of Wight being on the east of the Island the flight time or routings could be interesting.

Bembridge being the ideal location to depart to Luton would if i am not mistaken would take you over good old Heathrow??

The operation could variy from IFR or VFR conditions could see a wide veriety of routeings and could see a lot of different chock to chock times.:ok: :ok:

Good luck to this new venture if it can get off the runway.

Sixty Knots single engine control speed (BN2)?? ok:ok:

TFlyguy
13th Mar 2006, 08:19
I can still remember British Midlamd DC3's arriving on Saturdays in the summer from Castle Donnington. This was then taken over by British Wespoint also with DC3's

Mr Pax
13th Mar 2006, 22:38
I live on the island and I seem to remeber a few years ago someone tried to set up a return service from Bembridge to Biggin Hill.

Unfortunatly it did not get off the ground.:sad:

I realy hope this one has more luck:ok:

bunnywabbit
16th Mar 2006, 15:20
There certainly is something going on!
The capacity to run from the Isle of Wight to one of the London airports is there.Major investment has occured on the Isle with many high tech businesses moving here in recent years (cheap land expensive ferry). This has basically boosted the population and increased wages. The island also has major events going on during the the holiday season (2 pop/rock concerts/Cowes week/powerboat week)which attatract hords of people on top of the normal holiday makers.Like many communities throughout the UK we also have DFLs (Down from London) with cosy cottages costing a fortune.

The holiday camps are prepared to give there data bases to the operators to advertise flights to the island.Rumor has is that the ferry companies are prepared to sponsor it in some way because part of there business is to sell IOW holidays.

As far as I can see being a resident most of the hard work is done.
Two airports.
Bembridge has a terminal building,hangers and mechanical staff.
The customers are plentiful for a some small operator both holiday makers and people wishing to get to London.

The only thing missing is an AOC and an aircraft.Ok I know it is a little bit more envolved than that, but its all here for the right operator.

ManchesterMan
16th Mar 2006, 15:49
Start date of.....April 1st.
Ring any bells anyone?

MM

GBALU53
16th Mar 2006, 17:26
Well lets hope it is not this could lead to bigger things.

Could it be an off shoot of blueislands, as the Isle of White has water like the Channel Islands all the way round, they would have spare BN2 aircraft by that time we will have to wait and see what the CAA applications have to say on the mater or when the blueislands web sight gets operational that may show something.

Jinkster
10th Apr 2006, 22:29
anyone got any further info?

Mr Pax
11th Apr 2006, 14:16
Nothing appears to be happening at the moment, and according to bembridge airport they were approached a while back about starting this service but they have not heard anything more about it and think it may now be a non starter :(

MP

MEON VALLEY FLYER
11th Apr 2006, 15:31
What was it all about. Another empire builder linking the major international business hubs of Bembridge and Shoreham with a navahoe (sp):p

Mr Pax
22nd Apr 2006, 12:56
I have just read this in the local paper, but this is from Sandown not Bembridge. :hmm:

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1252&ArticleID=1456673

MP

airhumberside
22nd Apr 2006, 13:16
Flights are planned to 'East Midlands Airport at Coventry'

I think someone needs to take geography lessons. I assume the article means NEMA and not CVT

SeamusCVT
22nd Apr 2006, 13:30
Any chance it might also mean West Midlands International Airport (one of the alter egos for Coventry)? High unlikely I know, but I can always wish...

MEON VALLEY FLYER
22nd Apr 2006, 13:33
So not a navahoe but an aztec !
stick to industrial units folks, there's actuallty money in them, even on the islands.

GBALU53
23rd Apr 2006, 10:14
Just read the story from the Isle of Wight County Press ref Airline Plan for the Island.

Would be nice to see the Twin Otter again it is the wright aircraft for the Isle of Wight operation.

The good old days when Brymon started with them and then got bigger.

Aurigny Air Services operated two as well.

Good luck to the IW Airways group and we all wish them well and hope for a great success comming out of it.

Many years ago Brymon operated charters from Jersey to the IOW with a Dash 7 so it would be nice to have another connection with another Island.

captainyonder
23rd Apr 2006, 10:25
It would be great to finally see this happening. There was talk last year of a new operator flying to Luton, Birmingham and Bristol using either Islanders or Trislanders from Bembridge I think but it never worked out.

However, surely Bembridge would be a better choice of airport than Sandown. I mean it has pretty much all the infrastructure in place, a simple but modern terminal, a hard runway, lighting etc.

If and when this does happen I'm sure I'll be using the service!

chevvron
23rd Apr 2006, 12:51
You often don't know load factors until you actually start operating.
Many years ago, Peter Cadbury (recently deceased RIP and the then boss of Westward Television) started an operation with 3 Cessna Titans based at Exeter, flying to Gatwick and Rotterdam. (he actually wanted Bandeirantes, but the CAA was dragging its heels on certification) Strange choice of routes I know, but those aircraft were full every trip!
The operation closed not because of lack of profit, but because the board of Westward Television didn't want their chairman involved in such an operation.