PDA

View Full Version : Bristol - Brush-up & Exams best option

menikos
27th Mar 2005, 09:36
Hi everyone,

have a question for guys who went through Bristol GS.

what is the best option for the exams, to take the exams straight after the brush-up or wait for example one months after the brush-up to work on the feedback and the online database.

All your experiences are welcomed.

Many thanks.

Take care guys.

silverknapper
27th Mar 2005, 09:49
Straight after exams, without a doubt. You come away from the course knowing things you don't know you know (inspector clouseau?). All this comes flooding out on to exams - you may think you haven't seen a question but somewhere deep down you'll know it. This fades in the month off, and you would have to put in 10 hours a day to try and keep it.

menikos
27th Mar 2005, 10:11
hi,

Thx bro for the answer what it the best advice to use the online database, one month before the brush-up or when you reach the frame N°X.

Thx guys.

maxwell4065
27th Mar 2005, 10:32
I believe it very much varies from person to person. The amount of feedback papers you get at the brush up is unbelievable (take plenty of A4 files). For module 1 I took the exams straight after the brush up and did very well but at the same time I felt it would have been nice to have some extra time to re-read all the hand outs. For that reason I am doing the module 2 course with the 2 week gap before the exams.

Happy Studying

buster172
27th Mar 2005, 13:42
I would also recommend you do the exams straight after the brush up.

As said before, everyone’s different but the course is so good at teaching you all the little details, even a few weeks after the exams I had forgotten much of it (not the important bits :-))

Good luck either way,

Buster

Sky Wave
27th Mar 2005, 15:26
Straight after. No question about it. The revision is intense and there will not be a single subject that haven't looked at in the last 10 days. Add 30 days to that number and things could be getting sketchy. Just cancel your life for 3 weeks, get them done and then have a well earned break before starting mod 2. I did all feedback papers whilst on the brush up and then re-did the ones that I scored badly over the weekend and whilst in the B & B at Gatwick.

menikos
30th Mar 2005, 07:46
Hi,

so the best option seems to be to take the exams straight after the brush-up.

Thx guys and if you have adresses of the cheaper B&B in Bristol and Gatwick.

Many thx.

buster172
30th Mar 2005, 08:01
Menikos,

Bristol ground school is actually located in Cheddar, not Bristol itself.

Have a look here for places but dont leave it to late, they fill up fast.

http://www.bristol.gs/accommodation.htm

All the best