PDA

View Full Version : LON-BNE with child

320JI
26th Mar 2005, 19:55
am about to book LHR-BNE in september. I am taking my littl'n who will be 18 months at the time. Been told SQ are by far the best in these circumstances.............anyone care to differ all opinions welcome!!!

Jerricho
26th Mar 2005, 20:35
If you're looking to break the journey up a bit (as the Lon-Singapore leg can be a major sense of humour destroyer), I can recommend Emirates. 2 stopper, 1 in Dubai and then directly in Brisbane (my hometown). Each leg is about 7ish hours. Emirates IFE is very good, and the service was excellent as well.

Shopping in Dubai airport ain't bad either.

Animalclub
27th Mar 2005, 02:31
Jericho What's the stop between Dubai and Brisbane?

Jerricho
27th Mar 2005, 14:59
Singapore. Yet another really nice airport (great for shopping as well..................well, my wife enjoyed it ;) )

1DC
27th Mar 2005, 16:11
Read somewhere that Gulf Air have a nanny on long haul flights now.You would have to go via SYD though....
I agree about the stopovers, if time isn't a problem the more the merrier....

OzPax1
30th Mar 2005, 12:59
I do this trip fairly regulary as my family live in Brisbane.

I can recommend SQ. From what I saw their FA's are great with Kids & very helpful to their (stressed!) parents.

The flight I usally take is SQ317 which leaves Heathrow at 1200 and arrives in Singapore at 0745 local.

Take advantage of the airlines stopover packages to rest both yourself and baby & see a bit of Singapore It is well worth it.

I then usally catch SQ245 which leaves singapore at 0955 local and arrives in Brisbane at 1915 local. It's then straight to a very welcome bed!

The reverse trip for me is usally SQ246 which leaves brisbane at 2350 and arrives singapore 0545 (+1). Then SQ318 which leaves Singapore 0900 and arrives at Heathrow 1530.

Bear in mind that SQ has 3 flights to and from LHR each day and the same goes fro Brisbane. So pick the flights that suit YOU best. Try SQ website (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/saa?hidHeaderAction=onHeaderMenuClick&hidTopicArea=FlightSchedules&currentSite=uk) for schedules.

Also here is a good website (http://www.flyingwithkids.com/) for advice for on flying with kids.:ok:

wombat13
30th Mar 2005, 14:13
Used to live in sing and travelled lots with kids. SQ are good, but we always found Quantas really new how to help.

Rollingthunder
30th Mar 2005, 19:54
And you call yourself a Wombat.

Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services = QANTAS

Jerricho
1st Apr 2005, 16:10
Quantas really new

No, no RT. This is the "new" Quantas ;)

320JI
7th Apr 2005, 11:03
thank you all for your informative opinions. SQ it is.

can't wait

:ok: