PDA

View Full Version : No Sofa? No Hiding Place! Dr Who (merged)

CarltonBrowne the FO
26th Mar 2005, 18:46
I just watched the first episode of the new Doctor Who- really enjoyed it- the trouble is, I gave my sofa to charity this week, and the new one won't arrive for a month! I have nowhere to hide...:uhoh:

Helli-Gurl
26th Mar 2005, 18:55
My Boyfriend also told me the Darleks have learnt the art of climbing stairs to....so I'm totally buggered......

;)

LordGrumpy
26th Mar 2005, 18:56
I saw the very first series, with William Hartnell.
This regeneration looks okay. Thank you auntie BBC, however yer still not forgiven for all the soap opera's.

Sofa, you were lucky. I hid behind the rocking chair and got bruised fingers.

VP8
26th Mar 2005, 19:01
Well that was the first episode....well impressed, looks like it's going to be good!!

Any other views??

VEEPS
:ok:

timmcat
26th Mar 2005, 19:02
I lost to 'Ant and Dec' - taped it though so I'll give it a whirl later.....

HandspringGuy
Damn! Missed it.
Is it going to be repeated?

CarltonBrowne the FO
Just this....

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168577

VP8
26th Mar 2005, 19:03
Booger should have searched first!!!!! :sad:

VEEPS:E

tony draper
26th Mar 2005, 19:26
Hmmm,thumbs down, the man has no dignity that character would be better suited rushing into a bank with a stocking over his head and a sawn off in his mit.
Only telly prog that ever frieghtended Drapes the younger was
Quatermass and the Pit, scared one spitless that did, one cannot travell on the underground to this day,and one would not walk down Hobbs lane for a million.

:uhoh:

One_of_the_Lads_1973
26th Mar 2005, 19:28
Not a bad first episode at all.

Good to see the crash dummies getting another run out.

Jerricho
26th Mar 2005, 19:32
the Darleks have learnt the art of climbing stairs

That's it.............we're all stuffed.

Have they re-incarnated Davros? he was one _ugly_ mo-fo

(Actually, if they did, I have the perfect person in mind........ :E)

Konkordski
26th Mar 2005, 20:33
the Daleks have learnt the art of climbing stairs

What?

"Elevate....Elevate...!!"

Lon More
26th Mar 2005, 20:53
Have they re-incarnated Davros? he was one _ugly_ mo-fo
Sorry thought you said Stavros

I have the perfect person in mind........ )
I thought she couldn't breed outside her species

TimS
26th Mar 2005, 21:08
Well done Beeb - good one !

TimS

SilsoeSid
26th Mar 2005, 21:40
My Boyfriend also told me the Darleks have learnt the art of climbing stairs Why is it that a highlight of the new series is the Daleks overcoming stairs?

They have been able to do this since 'Remembrance of the Daleks' back in 1988, (last appearance of Davros), using an anti-gravity device.

http://www.shillpages.com/dw/story/st--7h12.jpg

Besides;
"Real Daleks don't climb stairs; they level the building."

Yes, I am the sad one with the Dalek videos on the shelf and I could even tell you how they really got the name 'Dalek'.

As for the new series, I'll have to watch a few more episodes to decide.:hmm:

Hilico
26th Mar 2005, 21:44
Billie Piper - much better than I expected. Eccleston - as good as you could expect. Effects - fantastic. Characterisation - brilliant. Humour - there in spades (I mean, having a Doctor Who nerd in the story?). Wish I'd had a fiver on Ant and Dec losing the ratings war.

Loki
26th Mar 2005, 21:53
Not too sure about this one. I too have witnessed all the Dr Who incarnations; the first when I was young enough to want to hide behind the sofa but old enough not to want to be seen as a complete wuss.

I kept asking myself how a Loki of that age would react to this effort....still not sure, but it shows a bit of promise.

CarltonBrowne the FO
26th Mar 2005, 23:09
At the bit in the street when the wheelie bin does its stuff, PP confided that would certainly have had her hiding behind the sofa... not sure whether she meant, as a kid, or just, had I had a sofa for her to hide behind!

Avtrician
26th Mar 2005, 23:47
Not out in Oz yet, still getting reruns. K9 has just arrived.

ChrisVJ
27th Mar 2005, 04:28
Drapes

I'll echo that. Muffin was OK but Quatermass was definitely behind my grandmother's huge sofa stuff.

Val d'Isere
27th Mar 2005, 04:54
The new Doctor has clearly been watching too many James Bond films. Very unimpressive.

Billie Piper is merely average. All the usual amazed looks towards camera. At least she does'nt say, in an alarmed voice, when summats up "Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Doctor!" repeatedly like many of her predecessors. Not yet anyway.

The burping black wheelie bin finished me off.

What a load of tripe! :yuk:

Val d'Isere
27th Mar 2005, 05:01
I'm suspecting this thread has been merged with the "No sofa? No hiding place!" one at some time in the past, so if you're reading it now, then you're in the future, because this was written in the present before the merge.

Firestorm
27th Mar 2005, 07:49
CBtFO: correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that PP has (more than) adequate upholstery for you to hide in, or behind! ;) And far more attarctive than any sofa :D

Jal
27th Mar 2005, 08:28
Absolute rubbish, what a waste of 10 million quid.

tony draper
27th Mar 2005, 08:56
Still recon Tom Baker was the best Doc, and that ozzy air hostess bint the best companion,spiffing legs she had.
The Doctor Who movie they made a few years ago wasn't bad,certainly a better Doc than this east end thug.

:rolleyes:

Divergent Phugoid!
27th Mar 2005, 09:58
Brilliant!!

Nice the way they have brought the series up to date with a lot of good old fashioned humour too...

Liked the answer to BP's question to the the Doctor's northern accent! Had me in giggles for ages... Oh and the wheelie bin!!

Let's hope they are all going to be as good as this one!

VFE
27th Mar 2005, 12:30
Never watched Dr.Who before, not a big sci-fi fan at all, see. However, after watching this first episode of the new series I'll be glued to my box each weekend!

I loved the feel of it, the vibe, far out and hip for 2005. Contemporary fantasy. The directors did a superb job. Looking ahead to next week seems this is going to be a super series.

Light, refreshing and tongue in cheek. The perfect antidote to the extra violent and disturbing crime dramas on our screens these days.

Billie Piper is very watchable in a strange kinda way. Good actress and unique looks, one of those burdz you look at and cannot make your mind up whether she's stunning or just plain ordinary girlie chic - depends on the light if you ask me.....

Eccleston is perfectly cast as the eccentric Doc with an admirable acting history. Quality serious actor so good to see him extend himself in something new.

Could be the biggest show on TV this year from first impressions.

VFE.

Jerricho
27th Mar 2005, 12:56
depends on the light if you ask me.....

Or how many beers you've had, eh VFE ;)

acbus1
27th Mar 2005, 14:36
VFE
depends on the light if you ask me.....
Yes, but you said on the BST thread that you lean towards pitch black.

Even I look reasonable when it's pitch black.

I reckon you just fancy her juicy.........

........arteries. :E

DirtyPierre
28th Mar 2005, 06:45
and that ozzy air hostess bint the best companion,spiffing legs she had
The character's name was Tegan.

My favourite was always Leela of the survey team. Chamois skirt, brown leather boots, and fake tan. Hmmmmmm. Very disappointed to see the actor turn up on East Enders as a middle aged mum.

Kulu
28th Mar 2005, 21:06
Right

Prompted by the Time Lord thread, did anyone watch Dr Who?

And what did you think? I thought that they played it for laughs far too much; it could have been excellent but wasn't.

timmcat
28th Mar 2005, 21:12
Couple of other threads further down the page on this subject Kulu .

Main thread here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168577)

(still not watched the tape, BTW).

White Bear
28th Mar 2005, 22:46
Silsoesid

Dal-eks, from the spine of the Encyclopedia Britannica? (heard in an interview with Terry Nation)

I remember well watching the very first episode of the Doctor, his granddaughter, and the two teachers, starring the incomparable William Hartnell.

On balance I do agree Tom Baker was probably the best incarnation, though I did enjoy Jon Pertwee.

Quatermass and the Pit, frightened me very badly. When the electrician in the wellies fell to the ground and it starting rippling under him, I had to leave the room. It was many years before I could sit through the whole show and find out how it ended.

Anyone remember ‘Return from Planet X”?

W.B.

tony draper
28th Mar 2005, 22:57
Twas even worse for me White Bear, one knew for a certainty that three of those big ant thingies lives in my wardrobe at night, they used to buggah off elsewhere during the daylight hours though.

ORAC
29th Mar 2005, 03:56
Most frightening thing I watched in my life was the 'The The Stone Tape (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005N9FJ/qid%3D1112071847/026-6870535-6947626)' by Nigel Kneale, who also wrote the Quatermass scripts.

(p.s. You can get it for £14.99 at Playcom (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=94738), I linked to Amazon for the reviews, not the price.)

Blacksheep
29th Mar 2005, 04:20
Do you mean these (http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/8504/hob.jpg) chaps Drapes?

Had some in my garage until Alice the ate them. That was before she killed the dog and I had to exterminate her.

S'funny how they don't look so scary these days innit? I remember laughing when they unearthed the first one. Then it moved and I cacked my pants - like the actors. That move was unscripted apparently... :uhoh:

phnuff
29th Mar 2005, 08:16
Great show. The new doctor was a revelation compared to the middle class dandies that have been in the role before. Billie Piper was pretty good and extreemly decorative and the wheely bin scene with the bloke from Auf Weidersen Pet was wonderful. Scare rating ?? well, 6 year old phnufflet sat with me and watched the whole thing without being scared and wishes it was on every night.

10/10 BBC

Apparently the BBC got 10m+ viewers while Ant & Dec got 7.5m

ORAC
29th Mar 2005, 08:22
yeah, but that fell to 8 million next week and only 6 million the week after.....

tony draper
29th Mar 2005, 08:31
That Tardis is weird being bigger on the inside than out, but one knows of someone who got a whole car out of a crisp packet.

eal401
29th Mar 2005, 09:07
Absolute rubbish, what a waste of 10 million quid.
Wow, you've seen the other 11 (?) episodes already in order to formulate that constructive opinion?

I enjoyed it, taking it in the intended spirit, i.e. NOT SERIOUSLY!

Orange Arm Waver
29th Mar 2005, 09:31
I liked it.

Went to watch it with an open mind and thought it was good - better than that film.

yintsinmerite
29th Mar 2005, 10:22
yeah, but that fell to 8 million next week and only 6 million the week after.....

Wow, Orac, you must have a Tardis to know this - Fantastic. Can it be flown on a PPL?

ORAC
29th Mar 2005, 10:26
No, needs an instrument rating..... :p

Blacksheep
30th Mar 2005, 01:21
I have an instrument.

Now all I need is a nice lady to rate it...:ouch:

SilsoeSid
30th Mar 2005, 09:54
White bear,

Thanks for bringing up the long held belief that Terry nation had named the Daleks from a volume of a dictionary or encyclopedia, the spine of which read "Dal - Lek".

In fact he later admitted that he had made this up as a reply to a question by a journalist and that anyone who checked out his story would have found him out.
As it happens, the name had in reality simply rolled off his typewriter. Later, Terry was pleasantly surprised to discover that in Serbo-Croatian the word "Dalek" means "far and distant thing".

I’m just glad that my visit to the Dr Who convention at Longleat back in 1983 wasn’t wasted!

http://www.wessex.clara.net/who/pics/l83gate.jpg

Next question, any ideas why that Dalek is Yellow?
(Apart from, because that is the colour paint they used to paint it. :hmm: )

tony draper
30th Mar 2005, 10:08
Time travellers are universaly stupid people, ie they travel back/forward in time, they find themselves in very dodgey situation, and generaly have a great deal of trouble extraditing themselves from same.
Why don't the silly feckers just get back into said time machines, go back to a few hours before the said dodgey situation arose and avoid it.
Thats what I would do
:E

yintsinmerite
30th Mar 2005, 14:32
Because if they went back and got themselves out of the mess, they have altered the course of history and therefor may have inadvertently prevented pprune being created and therefor we would all have more time on our hands

tall and tasty
30th Mar 2005, 14:47
Missed the first episode of the new series :( but was an avid fan through my childhood with all the nightmares Doctor Who gave me.

Have to catch this weeks to comment

TnT

(hope it is worth it)

tony draper
30th Mar 2005, 14:50
Ah ! but in the case of the traveller to the future the history has not yet occured so twould not make one iota of dif, however, you may have a valid argument about travellers to the past.

Orange Arm Waver
31st Mar 2005, 05:20
So "we"are to get another series and a Chrimbo special and then get told that the new Doctor will do the special but not the second series - No staying power some people :E

tony draper
31st Mar 2005, 06:15
Hmmm this new doctor has already quit according to the news,anybody want to bet on the new re encarnation not being.
A a woman,
B a gay,
C a ethnic minority
D a gay female ethnic minority.

Orange Arm Waver
31st Mar 2005, 06:54
The Beeb are on about trying to get the guy who played Casanova to do it (and not the O'Toole casanova)..

eal401
31st Mar 2005, 07:01
David Tennant. He might be OK for the role, he is a pretty cool actor.

Orange Arm Waver
31st Mar 2005, 07:06
Thought he was good in the Casanova thing...

ORAC
31st Mar 2005, 07:38
Getting to be like Star Trek. "Dr Who - The Next (Re)Generation"...

yintsinmerite
31st Mar 2005, 07:49
Ah ! but in the case of the traveller to the future the history has not yet occured so twould not make one iota of dif, however, you may have a valid argument about travellers to the past.

No, the future too. Lets say that someone came from the past to 2003 carrying a disease, lets call it SARS, to which 21st century man has lost all natural immunity. So, we have a plague from the past, ravaging the far east, putting people off of travelling, causing airlines to go bankrupt, all introduced by a bozo from the past popping in for a cup of tea. And who's to say it hasn't happened in the before leading to the collapse of civilisation and a return to the stone age and the need to reinvent digital watches

tony draper
31st Mar 2005, 07:58
No, altering the future would still maintain the protocol of effect following cause, altering the past is effect preceeding cause, and thats a no no.
After all, we are all altering the future right now, albeit in small ways by just sitting here.
:cool:

SilsoeSid
31st Mar 2005, 08:33
.....perhaps Tom Baker will be making another journey or 2 as a re- reincarnation. :ooh:

(Just a grapevine topic and speculation in the spotters world, Shshshsh! )

Capn Notarious
31st Mar 2005, 08:41
That SilsoeSid, is the best idea I have seen from you today: a day that is still young, so what next?
Methinks the Dr would be a clone of his former self. A cloning that had not gone entirely correct. So that his scarf would be wrapped the other way..................

panda-k-bear
31st Mar 2005, 09:50
Beeb's reporting that originally Bill Nighy was in the running.

Now he WOULD have been good.

eal401
31st Mar 2005, 09:57
Bill Nighy
Not sure myself. Bill Nighy tends to be Bill Nighy whatever he does. Well, from what I have seen anyway.

SilsoeSid
2nd Apr 2005, 00:27
Bill Nighy looks more like a candadate for the Master ! As do a lot of the names bantered about.

http://bilder.filmstarts.de/verzeichnis/film/filme/u/Underworld02.jpg Bill Nighy in "Underworld"

The BBC had better contract tightly the next Dr Who actor for a good run because, as we know, there can only be 13 Doctors. (12 regenerations). The twist is that the first Doctor that we saw, William Hartnell, perhaps wasn't the 'first' Doctor. :ooh:
p.s. Having said that, the Master has managed to get through the 12 regeneration barrier.

SS Favourite candidates;
Tom Baker.
Eddie Izzard.

http://www.geocities.com/pprunessilsoesid/animdoc.gif

PilotsPal
2nd Apr 2005, 16:46
Almost time for the next episode so time to go plump up the cushions and pull the sofa away from the wall - just in case.

One for the older readers of this thread. Who remembers why the first episode of Doctor Who was delayed?

Capn Notarious
2nd Apr 2005, 17:46
Episode no Two. Excellent and Christopher Eccleston is a worthy Dr.

SilsoeSid
2nd Apr 2005, 18:33
Episode 2 and SS is still not convinced the 9th? Dr Who stands the test,(yet).

I think the answer you are after is that the first episode was delayed by 10 mins because of the assasination of JFK? ;)

It's not quite true though. The first episode was delayed, but only by 80 seconds and because Grandstand overran slightly. :p

MMEMatty
2nd Apr 2005, 18:38
Personally, i think Eddie Izzard would be the best doctor you could have at the moment, from what i've seen & read (i missed all the doctors except the Millenium Special :yuk: ) the Doctor has to be a bit mad, eccentric, doo lally tip etc. Eccles Cake just isnt quite mad enough for my liking.

The papers today say the BBC are considering Bill Nighy, Alan Davies and are in negotiations with David Tennant. None others.

Matty

PS i thought after a strong start, this weeks episode was a bit weak and (too) moralistic - anyone else?

Matty

Rainboe
2nd Apr 2005, 18:44
Stuff Izzard! I would stop watching!

Do I see shades of 'Hitchikers Guide to the Universe'? Specifically 'Restaurant at the end of....'? Really quite enjoyable for a low budget BBC- if it carries on like this it will be a smash!

Capn Notarious
3rd Apr 2005, 09:27
if it carries on like this it will be a smash!

You been watching too many adverts for reconstituted packet potatoe.

SilsoeSid
3rd Apr 2005, 11:37
Just watched the second episode again with young Sid.

What was missing was a cliffhanger, ideally placed when 'Rose' was caught in the room with the deflector coming down on her. (Fnaaar!) I was waiting for the closing music to kick in, but no, opportunity wasted.
That IMHO is what was so good about the older series'. How is she going to get out of this one? Wait 'til next week and find out.

And by the way, when has the doctor ever been able to control the TARDIS so accurately? :confused:

New nominee, Martin Clunes. :ok:

acbus1
3rd Apr 2005, 15:33
I nominate Patrick Moore. :}

Can you imagine............... :D :D :D

Grainger
3rd Apr 2005, 19:25
Hmmm. Thought Episode Two was a complete waste of space. Firstly, a blatant rip-off of The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe.

Secondly could they not think of a better plot device than the tired old "countdown" ? Yawnorama. We all know he's going to pull the switch with two seconds to spare. Puh-leeze :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry - almost forgot. Nomination: Jayne Middlemiss :O

SilsoeSid
4th Apr 2005, 00:42
The problem with having David Tennant as Dr Who is that he has already been there.

http://www.doctorwho.co.uk/graphics/de_3_001_big.jpg

Prieview audio here. (mms://media.2020media.com/bigfinish/dempire3pt1.wma)

http://www.doctorwho.co.uk/news/news_040501_dalekempirethree.shtml
http://www.doctorwho.co.uk/drwho/dalekempirethree_01.shtml

http://www.doctorwho.co.uk/graphics/de3002.jpg
David Tennant as the enigmatic Galanar.

Ok, not really a problem, it's only an audio production and being in Dr Who before didn't stop Colin Baker, (Arc of Infinity 1983), becoming The 6th Doctor (1984-1986).

Question. How many actors have played Dr Who in the BBC TV series?

Whirlygig
4th Apr 2005, 05:31
William Hartnell
Patrick Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Tom Baker
Colin Baker
Peter Davison
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann
Christopher Eccleston

plus Peter Cushing in the film.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Even more tricky - how many Masters have there been? Not sure I know the answer to that !

ORAC
4th Apr 2005, 06:21
Was not impressed. The plot was puerile and the special effects third rate. Worse, they trashed the whole of the history of Dr Who. Last of his kind, planet destroyed? No more Master then...

Orange Arm Waver
4th Apr 2005, 07:15
I think there have only been two masters - I may be wrong. The original actor sadly died...

Grainger
4th Apr 2005, 07:40
Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley . . .

Oh dear, more nerd points for G . . .

SilsoeSid
4th Apr 2005, 12:19
There has only ever been one Master. :p

'Actors' who have played The Doctor;

William Hartnell - 1st Doctor
Patrick Troughton - 2nd Doctor
Jon Pertwee - 3rd Doctor
Tom Baker - 4th Doctor
Peter Davison - 5th Doctor
Colin Baker - 6th Doctor
Sylverster McCoy: 7th Doctor
Paul McGann - 8th Doctor
Christopher Eccleston - 9th Doctor

"plus Peter Cushing in the film" - Xth Doctor!!
Richard Hurndall Played the 1st Doctor in "THE FIVE DOCTORS"
Edmund Warrick Briefly Dubbed for William Hartnell in "Dalek Invasion of Earth", (bruised back).
Edmund Warrick played the Dalek Robot "Doctor" in "The Chase".
Tommy Laird Dubbed for Patrick Troughton in in "Seeds Of Death", in shots where the Doctor's Unconscious form was seen. (On Holiday at the time).

OK, The Masters;

http://www.shillpages.com/dw/delgadr0.jpg
Roger Delgado
http://www.shillpages.com/dw/story/d4/st--4p08.jpg
Peter Pratt and Geoffrey Beevers portrayed two decimated incarnations of the Master.
http://www.shillpages.com/dw/ainleya0.jpg
Anthony Ainley
http://www.shillpages.com/dw/roberte0.jpg
Eric Roberts in the TV film.

What was the number plate of the 3rd doctors car? And what was she called?

DirtyPierre
4th Apr 2005, 20:54
SS,

Whoa boy.

Is that the yellow open top car with the wagon wheel spoke like wheels? I've actually sat in it when I went to the Dr. Who Museum at LLangollen in 1996.

The name will come to me shortly......Bessy? and the number plate ...... WHO1?

Whirlygig
4th Apr 2005, 21:02
OK Sid,

I got Colin Baker and Peter Davison the wrong way but where's my Dr Who badge for honour, recognition and glory for gettin (nearly) all!

You DID only ask for the TV ones!

Cheers

Whirls

SilsoeSid
5th Apr 2005, 19:39
Badge in the post Wg ;)

Nice one Pierre, I'm surprised you were allowed in Bessie, wouldn't happen these days, :{

Apart from WHO 1 she has got a 'real registration number', any takers?

What about this 3rd Doctors car though?

http://pages.zoom.co.uk/elvis/drwho2.jpg

Commisioned by JP and first featured in "Invasion of the Dinosaurs".

More pics here. (http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/subterra/lu/lufilmtv/dwiotd.htm) (from when they used to make 'real' Dr Who sets and effects!) :)

ORAC
16th Apr 2005, 07:41
Tennant to take over the Tardis

The new Doctor Who has been officially named as David Tennant, the star of BBC period drama Casanova. Tennant, 33, will become the 10th Time Lord when filming starts on the new series in Cardiff this summer.

Capn Notarious
16th Apr 2005, 21:49
>Well as the new Tennant of the Tardis he will be responsible for maintainance. So hopefully no leeks.

MadsDad
17th Apr 2005, 20:40
Yesterdays had a much better ending. The Doctor writhing in pain, covered in some sort of lethal electrical discharge and....... deee dum, dee dum, dumma dee dum.

Can I come out from behin the sofa yet?

(And I'm sure he said 'fart'. That's a rude word isn't it dad?).

ShyTorque
17th Apr 2005, 21:05
I vote for Matt Lucas to be the next doctor. He would be great as the only gay Dr. Who in the village - look you!

Or, dressed in a bald head and thick-rimmed spectacles, faced with a Dalek demanding "WHERE IS THE MASTER?" he could stand in the door of the Tardis and shout over his left shoulder "Margaret? MARGARET! WHERE IS THE MASTER?"

Or even when trying to transport himself to the next millenium, his cardigan wearing assistant could say "Computer says no......"

Loki
23rd Apr 2005, 20:28
Had to chuckle at tonights episode!

The Prime Minister (in reality an alien) broadcasting to the nation and saying that the threat from the aliens was real and they could launch an attack within 45 seconds, was a master stroke.

(remind you of anything?)

SilsoeSid
23rd Apr 2005, 21:16
UN Resolutions!
"The Earth is at War"!
Weapons of Destruction!
Launch within 45 seconds!
Firing missiles at a target that aren't really there apart from that which the PM is telling the country/World!

Crikey, what really goes on behind that shiney black door? :suspect:
[Gordon Brown, John Prescott, diet or be forever under suspicion!!}

Good to see Dr Who back to real effects such as the 'Big Ben' crash, monsters, a cliffhanger and the doctor eventually having a character!

Nice to see that young lad doing a bit of community service by cleaning the graffiti off Tardis, instead of just getting the status symbol of having an ASBO.! :ooh:

Still can't get over the;

" You're a Doctor are you?"
" Then stitch this !"

...in ep 1, Cringingly classic!

Matt Lucas, nice one.

CarltonBrowne the FO
23rd Apr 2005, 21:37
I am really looking forward to the return of the over-animated wheelie bins next week... especially as they seem to have the old stairs problem well and truly sorted out! If the trailer is to believed, the containment of said wheelie bin at Area 51 looks quite apt...

PilotsPal
29th Apr 2005, 09:30
Everyone ready for tomorrow evening then?

Get the nibblies and dips to hand, comfy chairs and footstools lined up in front of new TV (thank you CB, a great improvement), mobile switched off, dinner all ready to cook afterwards - can't remember when I last had such organised Saturdays.....

SilsoeSid
29th Apr 2005, 10:40
I thinks it's a shame though that, what is likely to be the 'most terrifying part', has been shown countless times on those trailers.

http://www.daleklinks.co.uk/images/chained-dalek.jpg

"Doctor ?, The Doctor !" :{