PDA

View Full Version : EK to fly A345 to PER?

highflying79
26th Mar 2005, 13:05
Read it somewhere that EK plans to fly its soon to be delivered A345 on the DXB-PER route. Isn't there already an A343 flying that route? Apparently the same is being done on its flights to KIX.

Wouldn't it make more sense to fly the ultra long range A345 nonstop to SFO instead? What happened to EK's much publicised plans to enter into the US?

kumul1
26th Mar 2005, 16:39
Where have you been dude? They've had the A345 for a while now going direct to Syd, Mel and Jfk.

highflying79
27th Mar 2005, 02:26
Well, I already know about SYD, MEL and JFK, but these points make sense since they make use of the A345's range. But to run the A345 on the DXB-PER route when an A343 would suffice does not seem to make commercial sense?!

Don't tell me EK's running out of aircraft...

cyclops camel
27th Mar 2005, 05:24
The A345 PER service is additional to the present A343, thus we will service Perth double daily.
As for the choice of aircraft on each route, our commercial department continues to make Emirates one of the world's most profitable airlines. Long may their wisdom increase my bonus!!

SecurID
27th Mar 2005, 12:03
The interior fit is very different and therefore makes a better option for the premium cabin services on the longer flights such as Perth (over 10 hours from Dubai.)

As for a bonus, are you being a little short sighted cyclops? Maybe with your one eye you are not seeing the whole picture! Or maybe you know more than the rest of us do!

cyclops camel
27th Mar 2005, 15:31
SID,
Four weeks - you can take it to the bank - the Townsville refueler told me!
CC :D