PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair pay for type ratings

springboksoffice
26th Mar 2005, 09:31
I hear from a reliable source that Ryanair have taken on some guys and are paying for their rating/ accomodation and everything. Has anyone else heard this

Leo Hairy-Camel
26th Mar 2005, 09:56
Hell will freeze over first.

the grim repa
26th Mar 2005, 10:15
it is true,15 ex jat heads.

duece19
26th Mar 2005, 10:29
most likely working for half a bag of peanuts for the first five years

Aloue
26th Mar 2005, 10:42
Yes, it is true... but.... as always with Ryanair... things are not always what they seem. Leo the comical has got it right as regards the Ryanair position. Ryanair are not taking them on directly... there is an intermediary involved.

Expect lots of "smoke and mirrors" over the exact nature of the deal. But the essentials are that Ryanair are short of pilots and enjoy a poor reputation in the industry. They are getting around this problem.

When they are no longer short of pilots they will take back what they have given to solve the short term problem. There will then be the usual fuss....

atse
28th Mar 2005, 06:44
Does anyone have any more firm information on the recent changes to what Ryanair is doing by way of recruitment "offers/promises" and "reality"?

ifleeplanes
28th Mar 2005, 06:52
Unfortunatly its like the lottery....the numbers you get are different every time and you are very unlikely to get the result you want, but you dont know till you buy a ticket.

pilot55
29th Mar 2005, 07:21
it is true,15 ex jat heads.

When you are saying this , you are refering to JAT-Yugoslav Airlines , or JAT Airways (new-name version).

If so , do you have any more info about it?

VIKING9
29th Mar 2005, 07:49
Whoever these pilots are, the terms will all be different to those given to others who apply. It seems the T&C's change with every applicant.

bear11
31st Mar 2005, 07:29
I know of pilots from a different country who are B737-300 who were offered the differences course to -NG by Ryanair last year, I'm sure they would pay for it in some way! The JAT guys situation would probably be similar?

springboksoffice
31st Mar 2005, 08:34
Leo,
You really didn't know about this did you. Perhaps you are not who you pretend to be after all.