View Full Version : Oman Air - Positives and Negatives...

squashed orange
12th May 2002, 07:23
I saw the ad in FI. Can anyone say what Oman Air are like to work for including the pay and conditions.

Rabbit
12th May 2002, 09:03
Hi SO,
Friends of mine have worked there in the past. Comments were not detrimental and I have discovered Muscat is one of the nicest places in the gulf to live. Its a small and very personal operation still with a small number of aircraft, crews and routes.

Have a nice day

pilot31
13th May 2002, 11:09
Just curious who is working for Oman Air? I especially interesting to hear from B737NG FO`s.
I sent application yesterday and today recieved that they have recruited enough First Officers for the time being.
My guestion is Why they publish advert in FI?
It looks like they always have enough FO`s.

:confused:

StressFree
16th May 2002, 18:54
I've also seen the ad in Flt.International and am considering applying. I'm currently a 737NG Training Captain, can anyone tell me if they need any trainers? Whats the whole deal like and the quality of life? I'd really appreciate any information.
Thanks a lot.

:cool:

AH727
17th May 2002, 08:57
Hello!

Regarding OMan Air I have learned that Scandinavian Airlines SAS has provided Oman Air with the whole package: Captain´s First Officers and Cabin crew for their NG´s.

Oman Air also has trained Omani First Officers at SAS Flight Academy. I think Oman Air has bought the whole package from SAS.

SAS said that Oman Air has an option to take further pilots and cabin crew from SAS this Autumn.

Kind Regards AH727

Techman
17th May 2002, 17:46
16 Captains and 9 First Officers from SAS are going to Oman on a 2 year contract.

pilot31
18th May 2002, 14:40
If they filled out all available positions a long ago and have permanent source as SAS for future needs WHY they publish advertisement in FI?
Who can explain it?:confused:

sasomanian
23rd May 2002, 09:04
I can start with following. DO NOT APPLY.
The reason is that when you go to the interwiew, they will promis you anything you ask about. When you get there, they issue you a contract that doesnt reflect what was offered at the interview. Second they have a phrase "according to company policy" which they use everytime you have a question or want what you signed for in your contract (and you cannot get a copy because company policy for today is different tomorrow). An example: can we choose between company housing or villas/appartments and is the allowance sufficient? Answer: of course, no problem. Facts are that they will force you to take a 2 or 3 bedroom appartment in a complex with 25 other pilots and their families, even though it is written in your contract that you can choose villas. Try to imagine the noice 24 hours a day, kids that can't play outside due to the heat and limited playground.
Next question: how long do we have to stay at hotel before moving to our new house/appartment? Answer: max 3-4 weeks, then we will have found a place for you. Facts are that they put you on a 3 month probation periode,where they will do nothing for you, :mad: after that they say that they will find you a place to live in....WRONG, they will do nothing for you. And if you find a house yourself, they will turn it down or delay the process so long that it is not even worth it anymore. I guess the reason is that if we live in a ****ty place, we don't bring our families overhere. That way they save a lot of money on schoolefees and other expenses that the company prommised to pay for.
Next: how many return flights do we get to india. Answer: its free, fly as often as you want. Facts are that they get 1 a month, rest to be paid for by themselves.
These experiences are very very fress and shared with 40 pilots from Jet Airways, SAS, Lufthansa and old Sabena. All less than 5 month in the company.
Basicly the company is lying to get you here. DO NOT APPLY ,you will regret it.

pilot31
23rd May 2002, 09:41
Dear sasomanian,

Thank you, thank you very much that you find the time to share your experience with others. I think this is a first information from current pilot. All you highlighted is very wailful. :(
I do not understand one simple thing-WHY??? WHY all of you- guys from such a well established companies like Jet Airways, SAS, Lufthansa resigning for Oman Air? What do you want? New experience, extra money? What else?

As per me Oman Air is not a worse company.

Have a good day.

sasomanian
28th May 2002, 15:05
quite simple, if you have been in the same company a lot of years, and you suddenly have the opportunity to try something else without any loss off seniority, you go.
Salary is not important, its the chance to try something completly different, to learn who the the arabs are, the warm climate etc.

And at no cost for me, I resume my normal job when I am done here.

Since my last mail, things has changed a little. It appears now, that the contract after all will be a valid paper.:p

wonderbusdriver
28th May 2002, 20:03
sas:

Do you have Ex-(?)Lufthansa CPs or FOs as colleagues?
Did they quit? (maybe Cityline?)
Or are they on paternity-leave/unpaid leave?
Haven´t heard about NH sending any folks down there... but then, I always seem to miss out seniority-wise on these opportunities.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and the Al Bustan beach club (f... expensive but a nice shallow beach for the kiddies).

OmanAir
4th Jun 2002, 21:57
Wonderbus,

There are two german FOs here, one on leave from LH, and I think the other one is LH too.
I guess we'll enjoy Oman, but only when they (the company, not Omanis in general) stop trying to make us bend over.
We shall see...

Unrestricted Climb
23rd Jun 2002, 00:11
Hi everyone,

Living in Oman is a great experience: Muscat is a nice little city, far from the hassle you can experience elsewhere in the Middle East and the country is a jewel, by the time you like spending your time-off outside.
I've been living here for almost 7 years now and I'm far from being fed up with this country. albeit it's getting hot during summertime.
Life here is quite easy but you'll daily have to deal with the Omanis. Don't take me wrong, they're great people but, compare to the western countries, everything goes slowly in the M.E. I had to learn how to be patient and diplomat, not only at work, in my daily life as well.
One more thing you have to know before taking any decision about coming here or not, they DO NOT like to spend their money. As soon as they have to pay for something, it's all becoming a long bargain and they will do their best to delay the payment as much as possible. That said, I work for DGCAM here and I NEVER had any problem of this kind with them. Everything comes at a certain time.
As for a possible contract, I can't really tell you how it works but obviously some pilots here can feed you with all the necessary details.

Regards

GULFPILOT76
8th Jul 2002, 15:44
Hi Guys,

I've been working in the Gulf for the last 3 years (BAH) and my family and I enjoy living here. But. . . the experience SASOMANIAN has had is very familiar to me too. Although in another company
the same nasty habit of promissing one thing and then doing another is a cultural problem here. Lying is allowed and contracts are pieces of paper like any other. If you are lucky there are some (western) expats at management positions that DO keep their promises, but don't expect anything from the locals. Although I must say GF is not as bad as Oman Air (as described) but still pay alot of attention. Your rights here are very different from what you're used to back home.

genius
10th Dec 2002, 17:49
Anyone with any word on Oman Air? Good company to work for in ground based positions or tread carefully? Possibly looking at a potential long distance family move - so any advice welcome.

4HolerPoler
11th Dec 2002, 19:20
Do a search genius, go back about six months; there was quite a bit on Oman Air around then. Good luck.

4HP

genius
12th Dec 2002, 09:51
Already been down that road 4HolerPoler but thank you for the posting. I can only assume all is relatively sound at Oman. Thanks again.

bluebirde2000
12th Dec 2002, 15:30
Hi genius, The only thing that I can tell you is that they have changed their top management and their fleet too, three times since 1998 till now. :D

I assume that they are more stabled now. Muscat is a nice place to live in. Omani's are very nice poeple.:)

Good luck.;)

akixx
14th Dec 2002, 03:10
Does any one know if oman air takes on expat flight crew and if they do how and where to apply? :)

bluebirde2000
14th Dec 2002, 18:34
akixx

Yes they do hire expat flight crew. But I do not know if they are hiring any flight crew at the moment. Please Visit their web site http://www.oman-air.com

Good luck.:)

Icarus
17th Dec 2002, 17:29
I know WY somewhat, I have sat across the conference table from their CEO and other senior staff. They are very professional, focused, methodical and have a vision and a stategy to fulfill that vision.
They are not subject to the same politic as GF nor are they unstable like QR. They will, in time. be a 'mini-version' of EK.
You will enjoy working for them.

Oman is a nice country. A little slow, but nice.

I would be interested to know what 'Ground Position' you are taking though. Anything related to their recent deal with SABRE?

737pilot
16th Feb 2003, 19:59
Oman Air have been taking in SAS crew in april 2002, but have just fired 4 expat ( one F/O on 737 and 3 captains on ATR) in the name of OMANISATION.
They will kick you out when they have some omani pilots, and they don't care if you have been in the company for more than 10 years.
They are planning to become 100 % omani, so now you know your chances for a permanent job there.

mutt
16th Feb 2003, 20:09
737Pilot,

Why are you surprised that they did this???? You are presumably a contract pilot, your contract will stipulate just how much notice your employer needs to give you.........

Sorry, but thats life.....

Mutt.

sirwa69
17th Feb 2003, 16:42
Oman Air

Very commercially minded, when they don't have enough people to justify the flight they just cancel it :mad:
Been caught twice now, will only fly GF in future

On On

Unrestricted Climb
20th Feb 2003, 07:28
Genius,

WY is currently employing both expatriates and locals but omanisation is definetely something to take into consideration. So, I think it would be foolish and irrealistic to expect a long term job opportunity. :ugh:
On a brighter side, they've just got approval from the banks for a 80M USD loan to add another 2 B737NGs to their fleet. For information, they are currently operating a fleet of 5 B737NGs (2 -800s and 3 -700s) plus 4 ATR 42-500s.
It might be worth trying as, in addition, Oman is a lovely country. :ok:

Regards

wandrinabout
20th Feb 2003, 08:48
I wont elaborate here, but the only thing I have to say, is-
DON"T even consider it.........:mad:

Slasher
25th Mar 2004, 05:44
Would anyone have any info re the Oman Air advert for 737 captain in the last Flight Inter? I did do a PPRuNe search but came up emptey.

Just a brief run-down on expected pay and conditions would be enough.

Thanks.

IZK
4th Apr 2004, 08:25
I wont elaborate here, but the only thing I have to say, is-
DON"T even consider it.........

Surch for Oman Air and you will find some useful information. SAS pilots are leaving. WHY:confused:

Riker
26th Mar 2005, 02:17
I see that Oman Air operates a pretty advanced fleet of 737-700s, 800s and ATR-42s. Does anyone know if Oman Air is hiring 737-typed pilots?

What are some of the positives and negatives of flying for Oman Air? Is it a good place to be? Does Oman Air suffer attrition to other Gulf airlines like EK and Etihad? Any opinions about Muscat (I don't expect it to be as lively as Dubai)?

Cheers

Lorry_Driver
26th Mar 2005, 10:15
Rike, man . . . they like Yankees, you like "gorilla" in the old "Jungle Book" cartoon, singing, . . . "I wanna be like you uu uu uu , walk like you, talk like you, . . . . and so on and so forth. So if you're from Yanky_land, you're priority number 1, Euro_land, # 2 and brownies #3. For us brownies they want B737NG ratingand 500 hours, but for white folks anything goes man.

Life for a white man in Muscat is ZERO but if you get connected to the Sultan's people you can even get what you cannot find in the whiteman's land, . . . . . . I've been there and I've seen the undeground, . . . . get my drift. . . . . . not for the faint_hearted blokes or the religious kind.

L_D.

Eddie_699
26th Mar 2005, 18:52
Lorry_Driver

I Don't agree with you Mate at all, The life ain't ZERO for white men here as you said or for any body else.

They are allot of westerns in Oman and they love it here, working in many places, Schools, Hospitals, Petrloum companies etc etc and I know some of them been living in Oman for more then 15 to 20 years. and another Bloke I met in a Pub who raised his Children there.

If you are saying It's not a place for a religous person. Well they are more then 3 Churches in Muscat and I know a Priest who is been there for about 18 years.

I Been to Oman and I like the place, People are very friendly .. compare to other GCC states, very beautiful country .. Liberal country .. women can drive cars (not like other GCC states) .. Pubs every where .. Men and women are equal .. in Oman they are 3 women ministres.

I Lost direction last time I been there I stopped a Police car to help me out and show me the right road and I was so amazed to see the Omani Police women in their uniform and driving a police car which you will never find it in any other GCC states.

Mate I Believe they are 2 most liberal countries in the Gulf, Oman & the UAE.

Give it a try Mate you won't regret it... Lets not forget this Oman is very peaceful country.

Cheers

Eddie

bear11
26th Mar 2005, 19:36
Riker,

check your PMs

Lorry_Driver
27th Mar 2005, 03:18
Thanx Eddie, . . . you must be right lol, . . . coz I haven't been there for 8 years, . . .

But, . . . . . wasn't I correct in saying that they wanna be like the Yanks, . . . LIBERALS and free from religious orthodox_ies, even then if only you get to see those under_ground clubs man, it's absolutely UN_Mid-Eastern, . . . . anyway this place is not Mid-East, it's more Persian + Indian culture to begin with (remember the Persian Empire?)

my 2 Cs worth.
L_D

ironbutt57
27th Mar 2005, 04:06
what are the other GCC states where women cannot drive eddie?

Arctaurus
27th Mar 2005, 07:03
Exactly IB,

To my knowledge all GCC states have absolutely no problem with female driving.

Payscale
27th Mar 2005, 10:10
The Gulf Cooperation Council [GCC] was established in an agreement concluded on 25 May 1981 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia between: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE. These countries declared that the GCC is established in view of the special relations between them, their similar political systems based on Islamic beliefs, joint destiny and common objectives. The GCC is a regional common market with a defense planning council as well. The geographic proximity of the these countries and their general adoption of free trade economic policies are factors that encouraged them to establish the GCC.

No female drivers in KSA...

Deske1
27th Mar 2005, 15:51
Dear Lorry,

Please stop your lies here and on the other forums as well.

I can confirm,that Oman Air also asks type-rating for 737NG with at least 500 hours proven experience on type from white people as well.

Although I have it,I didnt accept the contract due to it is for short term (one year only).

The minimum requirements are stated clear and independent from the applicants race.

Copy from another forum:

"youn,

what you say is good and true, . . . . BUT please keep the 70% and above majority for us, brown and black people, . . . as their MOTTO is "ASIAN AIRLINES FOR ASIANS, joe.

L_D."

Lorry_Driver
27th Mar 2005, 17:10
Yo deske,

What's the problem? can't you be nice like eddie?

I'm just letting my frustrations out, . . . look at CX, Dragon, AHK, Air Macau, . . . why aren't they Chinese running them? and EK, . . . I have freinds inside and I have been there personally doing an Errant for my boss, . . . I saw the atmosphere there and the pool is so called computer generated, but it can be bypassed you know . . . .

can't take the facts of life, . . . then don't live, . . . that's what I always tell myself, . . . . but sometimes it pokes me so bad I explode, . . . . . hee hee hee

Love L_D

Deske1
27th Mar 2005, 19:14
Simply noticed,that the type-rating with 500 hrs are NOT made for brownies only,It is the minimum requirement for ANYONE (for me as well from Europe) who apply.

If my memory serves me well,these are the airlines(CX,KA,EK) where everybody wants to GET IN and NOT OUT!

And yes,I can take the facts of life as I am working for a national flag-carrier run by chinese management.

Eddie_699
29th Mar 2005, 06:00
Sorry Lads when I said (not like other GCC states) I meant Saudia Arabia where women can't drive at all.

Eddie_699
29th Mar 2005, 08:18
Lorry Driver

As you said you been to Oman ONLY before 8 years so how can you just judge a country or its people like that???

What do you know about something called culture??

Sorry Mate I don't think so they are trying to be like Yankees or Americans the Omani people are very proud of their culture... I really wonder here what you were doing there before 8 years.or where did you get your informations from.

So if Oman is slowly emerging from its hermit shell and bringing democracy to the country even though it’s slowly... You think they are trying to be like Yankees... Grow up Mate and look for something called Book and read or go to Google type Oman and hit the search bottom, I'm sure you can update the old informations in your brain department. Do you know something called re-search??

Let me say this Mate... there is no under ground clubs in Oman as you said if you are talking about Alcohol then It's available in all the hotels and restaurants and they are hundreds of Bars in Muscat. (Well my favorite is the Irish Pub)

The funniest point you made is about the Indian-Persian culture and talking about the Persian Empire...

The majority people of Oman are Arabs and Oman was once an imperial power that vied first with Portugal and later with Britain for colonial influence.

Let’s not forget saying this...

Much of the coast of Oman was controlled by Portugal from 1508 to 1659, when the Ottoman Empire took possession. The Ottoman Turks were driven out in 1741 by Ahmad ibn Said of Oman, who founded the present royal line. In the late 18th cent., Oman began its close ties with Great Britain, which still continue. In the early 19th cent., Oman was the most powerful state in Arabia, controlling the Coast of Oman (known as UAE now), Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, East Africa and Zanzibar and much of the coast of Iran and Baluchistan (part of Pakistan).

The dynasty reached its zenith during the reign of Sultan Said bin Sultan (r. 1806-1856), when Oman became the centre of a vast sea-borne empire along the coasts and islands of eastern Africa and the Arabiyan Gulf. Sultan Said established close relations with Britain and opened diplomatic relations with the US and France, built a great trading empire and established naval supremacy over the Persians in the Gulf. For much of his reign, he supervised his domains from Zanzibar

Lorry Driver... Do you know something called History? I advise you to read books and watch documentaries about Arabiya... stop being such :mad: ..

Not every one is ready to listen to your crap and lies here... GROW UP MATE...

One last line..... “Can’t take the facts of life, then don't live"

Cheers

Eddie

capt kickback
3rd Apr 2006, 17:30
Hi there, Does anyone have any info on what it is like to work for Oman Air?.....Aeropersonnel are looking for NG F/Os on a 10 week on 3 week off deal, any info at all much appreciated!!.....flying hours,rosters,accomadation, and the lifestyle in Muscat.......Cheers...:E

wastafarian
3rd Apr 2006, 20:01
are you sure it is for oman air?

sounds a lot like a typical fishing excursion for saudi aramco.

Desert Diner
3rd Apr 2006, 22:32
Definitely sounds like that

bolbol
4th Apr 2006, 13:53
I don't know if Oman Air is hiring but i'm sure they're still loosing pilot, Muscat is a very nice place to live but not Oman air to work with

sonicdodo
11th Apr 2006, 08:00
bolbol,

Can you say a bit a more? What's wrong with them?
:confused:

bolbol
11th Apr 2006, 13:49
:p WAIT Yesterday new DMO,new management 2 come,Hope things will change.
On paper they are good but HR headache

flying fijian
11th Apr 2006, 15:10
Lastest rumor ........ some of the Feejees are looking at other options in the region. Talo Mada!!!

bolbol
11th Apr 2006, 16:19
With GU coming some may swing

busaidy222
11th Apr 2006, 19:13
bolbol (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=137683) can u give us more info about omanair coz i am about to get a contract with them.what is wrong with the old DMO.

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 19:17
Any idea on who to contact at Oman Air?

busaidy222
11th Apr 2006, 19:27
try to contact HR

MD12
11th Apr 2006, 21:02
Yeap, good idea but their website is under construction. Any email address?. I would like to try via email before giving them a call.

Regards

bluepacific
12th Apr 2006, 06:20
New DMO, I hope he has the guts to stand up to HR. I hope he picks his management team carefully.
Time will tell, hopefully its all good. Thank god its a pilots market at the moment. Choices, choices, choices.
:cool: BP

bolbol
12th Apr 2006, 07:50
222,u tell me how 46 crew resigned in the last 2 years with a six a/c fleet:mad:

bolbol
12th Apr 2006, 07:52
Any way every body has an 3 months aprovel period better 2 come and see by your self, now things hope will be mooving

SilverArrow661
12th Apr 2006, 17:25
bolbol
heard some rumors about 3 widebody aircrafts comming in may07 probably B777, nothing decided yet any info about that, and what about there training department heard that they will start ATPL courses ? do u have any info about that too ... appreciated.

S.A661

sirius3
13th Apr 2006, 05:03
Hey Blue P
Heard 2 more left..... wonder y. Hell the new DMO has his hands full but then again with the empty spaces on level one... yeah ... n the monsoons approaching. As regards the wide bodies.... see em t believe em matey. Its GF all the way. Cheers

OmanAir
13th Apr 2006, 18:07
bolbol
heard some rumors about 3 widebody aircrafts comming in may07 probably B777, nothing decided yet any info about that...
S.A661
Like one of our captains said, these B777 (or A330, or B787, or, or) will replace the B767s they announced (in the papers) they were going to buy way back in 2003.
As soon as pilots are coming in through the front door, others are disappearing out the back.
I believe it's called; Vote with your feet.

SilverArrow661
16th Apr 2006, 23:12
things should go for the better in the aviation sector in Oman specially after asigning a deputy in the ministry of transport and comms for the civil avition (DGCAM) who is an x GF captain ,not sure if Omanair is coverd under the umbrella or will get a little from the cake ... hope that he has supervision plans for the flag carrier ...Things r improving in the DGCAM talks about pay rise for national ATC in Musact atc after the escape of some guys, others r on the way ...

as BP said it's a pilots marke ......

Jo Banana
22nd Apr 2006, 18:01
:p Hi every Body at Oman Air!!!..ah,... that's all I got to say....

bluepacific
23rd Apr 2006, 02:51
Hey Jo Banana, big galana :E
Bye kaptun.

trekster90
23rd Apr 2006, 21:14
Everything at Oman Air is so unstable. This is an Airline that has been here for quiet some time ...but they have'nt reached anywhere. The only benefit a flyer gets from workin with Oman Air is...he gets to be at home everyday,their only lay over is Trivandum(India).
They even stopped operating Africa flights,which was one of the two sectors from where they used to get their "revenue".
There are countless number of complaints about the airline(passengers as well as operating crew)
SILVER ARROW, Just keep DREAMING!!!
PS- Try and check out the so called 'OMAN AIR HOLIDAYS" Newspaper Advertisement and it speaks for itself how much worse can an Advertisement be. ""737NG"":zzz:

SilverArrow661
23rd Apr 2006, 21:54
hey trekster whats the matter with u . can u read and understand my point rather than just jumping in with useless comments :mad: ..... u r always after troubles kid....u r hopeless i cant imagine the guy who can work next to u ... by the way did u get the call .?!!

There is a main reason why the airliner is uncompetent and we all know what it is .... :(

trekster90
23rd Apr 2006, 23:51
I know what ur whole point is Mr.Silver.... I just wanna make it clear that....don't xpect any kinda positive changes with the airline. Just ask an Oman Air pilot ablout his schedule....If he doesnt check his monthly roster well,it turns out that he is actually xceeding the number of Total flying hours..more than he should actually be doing. When he goes back to the rostering Dept....The only think that he would say is...OOhhhh!! Sorry about that.
So that really shows how worse the airline is.....Sorry Mate...Thats the way it is.:}

bluepacific
24th Apr 2006, 03:43
Hey Trek, what airline accepted you ? Qatari ??
The arrival of the new DMO will be like a lone star shining on the darkest of nights, up there by itself ....................
Oops ...... the stars gone .:ugh:
Last man out turn off the lights !! :}

wrightbrother
31st Jan 2007, 10:04
Came across an interesting vacancy for FO in Flight last week. Things have really changed since the last time they were looking for FO. For those of you even remotely thinking of applying here are the Facts.

1. 6 Boeing NG not a variety of routes atleast 6 night flights to India every month and with great difficulty to get your 8 legal days off.

2. The contract specifically states you can be replaced by their own camel anytime and they will not hesitate at a drop of a hat. Hard work is somthing they dont understand and will not appreciate. Even to get your proper overtime allowance they were underpaying on that before the flaw in their computer program was pointed out. The computer was converting to decimals eg. 30 minutes would be 0.3 and not 0.5. Try working that out for the people who have been there a while and have not been paying attention to the salary slip.

3. What they will tell you at the interview is not what you will get. eg they lured a dozen fijians under false pretenses promising them the world and as with many big families if the company does not end up paying what they said on schooling and accomodation you will end up deep in your pockets as with many who are still there. Till now 3 have left with more in the pipeline.

4. If you think you will get command please stay where you are. An expat will never be put forward before an omani even if he has the requirement.Idea being is that the ever changing management want this outfit equipped with their own wether they are fit or not and I do mean that. Try finding the sick reports of the Omanis during the indian monsoon and watch the fun. Reminds me of the seven up add never had it never will. Ask the cabin crew about the comfort level when you have 2 camels in the front.

5. Training department: what training its checking fact 49% failure rates sounds like low cost to me.The omanis fear the sim and report sick for even support would you believe. One one of the training flights the abinitio wasnt even legal to sit in the seat as he hadnt completed his hours but we went all the way to Mumbai and back got away from that one lucky.

6. The management thanks to the kind dictatorship of Capt MM also known as "Topgun" thought it was very smart to go do stalls with a Trainee on a 737 Base check which eventually led to his promotion down to a normal line captain.Thereafter for a period of 1 year every flightops management position was acting by a bunch of people whose authorities were overlapping.Everyman for himself but wait the strings still being pulled by the top even now with the new gulf air DMO as efficient as a 707 still has his hands tied. Dance that tune Baby!

7. The rosters are daily so you will have no time to plan your life.Infact it is beyond the capability of Omanair to plan for a week. ExHead of rostering AKA the bald eagle took his program with him when he jumped ship to Arabia little did WY even know that there was a computer program fish without water wouldnt you say.Another example when they received their 737 A4O-BJ they had to send it on a wetlease to freebird inTurkey as they had no routes planned for it.All the workings of a taxi service a bad one at that.

8. The salaries the lowest in the gulf. Basic 1229 omani rial and no perks.Accomodation spend months looking around as by the time you find your dream place youve lost out as the accomodation department as fast as your local postoffice.Same with the furniture you pick out gone in 60seconds.
The allowance is also not enough to cover the rents today as the same numbers from 10 years ago.They dont believe in inflation.Probably too many letters in that word?

Save the best for last okay lets try for something positive.The only advantage of being with WY you come home after every flight so for those of you with families excellent quality time and by far the prettiest country in the gulf lots to do for the adventourous kind especially if you have a 4wd, but at what cost are you prepared to accept that you decide?

Cheers from the desert :D

Lightning Bandicoot
27th May 2007, 18:21
Can any one let me know how the current conditions are in WY for pilots? Is it worth moving there.

OmanAir
27th May 2007, 22:13
WY captains just got a 400 RO salary increase!:D
But the company removed a 200 RO allowance.:{
And did not give the usual annual increment.:*
Sooo, they were left with a little over 100 RO.:(
But did not receive this years bonus.:ugh:
Which means they have to work for a year or so before they actually make anything extra.
But thats :oh:

Julika
29th May 2007, 09:32
I would like to know..how is it the working environment in Oman air as a cabin crew?
i. The salary?
ii. accomodation?

Thanks

Julika

Lightning Bandicoot
31st May 2007, 07:26
Any info on the work and living conditions now for F/O's.
Thanks.