PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Captain Nick Holmes

Night Freight 1
8th Dec 2001, 22:22
Sadly today I heard about the death of Nick. He was a Captain with Emerald Airways from what I understand he had a stroke while day stopping in Dublin and was taken to hospital and put on intensive care. Yesterday he suffered a massive heart attack and was put on a ventilator. I believe that he passed away around 15:00 this afternoon Saturday 8th December 2001.

May he rest in peace and he will be sadly missed by all that knew him .

ECWK
9th Dec 2001, 01:53
Very sorry to hear bad news - condolences to all family and colleagues at Emerald.

TicketyBoo
9th Dec 2001, 03:01
I'm sorry to hear this. I worked with Nick a few years ago at Emerald and he was a genuinely nice person.
If anyone hears of the funeral time and place could they post them here, please?
Condolences to Nick's family, and friends at Emerald and Knight Air.

TicketyBoo.

CAP509castaway
9th Dec 2001, 16:42
All our thoughts go out to Nick's familly, at this time.Words fail to describe the loss.
Rest in peace.

nightfreight69
9th Dec 2001, 17:11
It has been a pleasure to work with Nick over the years. I personally have many happy memories of times we have shared. My condolences to his family, friends and fellow colleagues at Emerald. Nick will be sadly missed.

The Hooded Claw
9th Dec 2001, 18:29
I can hardly believe this. I spent many a night flying with Nick during my time with Emerald, and have fond memories of his sense of humour, especially during the early hours of the morning in the Aldergrove Hotel. My condolencies to all that knew him.

old speckled hen
9th Dec 2001, 20:06
I send my condolences to nicks family and colleagues, you could not meet a more likable chap with excellent sence of humour. He will certainly missed on the R/T.

spitfire747
9th Dec 2001, 23:50
Rest In Peace

My condolences to his family and friends.

I never knew Nick, but it is always sad to hear of such loss so close to the biggest family event of the year

Capt PPRuNe
10th Dec 2001, 00:00
I couldn't believe it when I first read this thread and had to verify it was the same Nick Holmes I flew with when I was with Emerald.

Nick was a very likeable person and a good pilot. I was a rookie captain and he was extremely helpful on the flight deck at all times, especially when we were trying to get into somewhere when the wx was at minimums. He will be missed by many people.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Anyone know when and where the funeral will be?

Night Freight 1
10th Dec 2001, 00:18
As soon as I know the funeral details I will post them here .

snchater
10th Dec 2001, 01:37
Condolences from all Nicks flying colleagues at Crossland Moor Airfield.He will be missed.

EMERALD1
10th Dec 2001, 11:40
I was very saddenned to hear the news especially at this time of year.
He will be greatly missed.

liquidgold
10th Dec 2001, 14:47
Very saddened to hear of Nick's death, even in the cold of the night Nick had a remarkable sense of humour, mixed with his passion for flying, splendid chap!
Condolences to ALL who will sadly miss him.

Captain Spud
11th Dec 2001, 01:37
Nick was one of a kind. His untimley death has touched a great many people. Not only was Nick a super pilot he was a master builder, an ex karatee champion and an all in one good guy.

I am proud to say I knew him.

CAP509castaway
13th Dec 2001, 23:19
Any idea when the funeral will be held???

dvdpar
13th Dec 2001, 23:32
The loss of Nick will be felt far and wide. He was a good friend. Condolences to all his family.

Night Freight 1
14th Dec 2001, 13:39
For all those that asked Nick's funeral will be in Huddersfield on Tuesday 18th December at 13:30.

TicketyBoo
14th Dec 2001, 15:39
Do you know where in Huddersfield?

TicketyBoo.

dvdpar
14th Dec 2001, 18:26
The funeral arrangements for Nick are as follows:-
There will be a Private Funeral Service for the family at Walkers Funeral Home, Huddersfield.
Nicks parents invite friends and colleagues to a service which will be hald at Huddersfield Crematorium, Clough Lane/Fixby Road, Huddersfield and 1.30pm on Tuesday 18th. December.
After the service all are invited to Nicks local--- Walkers Pub, Huddersfield, for a drink.

Master_Warner
14th Dec 2001, 20:53
A great loss to the world of aviation.

Nick will be missed, he was a great pilot and good friend.

[ 14 December 2001: Message edited by: Night Freighter ]

Night Freight 1
2nd Jan 2002, 22:46
Anne & Alan Holmes, Nicks mother and farther & Jane Lawton wish to thank all those on the Pprune pages for their condolences and thoughts during their recent bereavement.