PDA

View Full Version : Jet2....MD82

INKJET
25th Mar 2005, 21:48
Whats the story with Jet2 flying a TF reg all white MD82 out of Leeds whilst half a dozen 737's are parked up at Leeds?

I find it hard to believe that this can be down to crew shortages, the Summer season is just days away.

Cheers

Burt

HOODED
25th Mar 2005, 22:29
It's supposed to be covering for maintenance on the 737s. I was kinda hoping they would use it to launch a TFS service but alas no.

WindSheer
25th Mar 2005, 23:27
Are you a month in front. The summer doesnt kick in until May 1st.

INKJET
26th Mar 2005, 08:18
If the main Summer flying program doesn't kick off until May, then i cannot understand why they would need a wet lease aircraft at Leeds with lots of 73's parked up?

Cheers

Burt

GrahamK
26th Mar 2005, 09:13
Are you a month in front. The summer doesnt kick in until May 1st.
Thats when the charter airlines start their summer flights.
Scheduled airlines tend to start about March 27th/28th and go until October 27th/28th.

Mr @ Spotty M
26th Mar 2005, 11:43
They are using it for extra capacity until end of June.

Flightrider
26th Mar 2005, 17:32
It's only going to stay until the end of May actually. Will be operating a planned programme of 2 x daily LBA-AMS and 1 x daily LBA-PMI during May before disappearing on 31st.

Jet2LBA
26th Mar 2005, 18:49
Flightrider,

Is it due to be operating the AMS schedules during April too? I ask as I'm travelling on this route on 13/04 and would be thrilled to get the MD-80!

Jetting2
26th Mar 2005, 20:03
how many aircraft are actually based at LBA now?

would i be right in thinking LG has just moved bases to Manchester.

If so that would make 7.. would it not? please correct me!

phil_2405
26th Mar 2005, 22:19
i cannot understand why they would need a wet lease aircraft at Leeds with lots of 73's parked up?

Is there lots of 73's parked up? Why?

682ft AMSL
27th Mar 2005, 08:19
As of today the following frequency increases come into play on Jet2's LBA operation.

AGP - double daily
ALC - double daily
PMI - daily
NCE - daily
MJV - double daily on SAT/SUN

plus of course the MAN operation has been ramped over the last week or so with the commencement of services to VLC, FAO, NCE etc.

The a/c requirement for the Leeds base fluctuates between 7 and 9 based a/c depending on day of week / low/high season.

LBA
27th Mar 2005, 10:44
And of course, later in the season Malaga goes triple daily, Faro goes daily, Murcia goes twice daily even on weekdays, and the 4x weekly Ibiza starts.

Shuperstar Loadie
27th Mar 2005, 17:57
With the summer season just starting for Jet2.com! those 73's will not be sitting on the ramp at LBA for much longer.

Anyway there isn't enough room on the ramp for what Jet2.com would really like to do!!!

SL:cool:

Op checked Satis
28th Mar 2005, 10:12
The following A/c will be at LBA this summer LA,LB,LC, LD,LE,LS
LU,LV & LX

HZMIS
28th Mar 2005, 16:39
TF-JXA,TF-JXB are both doing flybe flights out of bourmouth and southampton, while flybe await the delivery of there two new 733 a/cs. The best thing bout the md-80's they have
1.larger capacity
2. they do much faster turn arounds
3.they are cheap wet lease.

This is why often at night they park up at airports like southend and southampton, to keep their operating costs down.

Jet2 has not got the marget for the winter period out of leeds and bradford, where as at Manchester they atre turning around every hour on the hour to several places, included in Jet2's routes.
Surely jet2 would be best operating these parked up spare a/cs into Manchester,Gatwick and Edinburgh. Jet2 need to be more effiecient now as they will soon recieve some competition with the up and coming fly globespan, and their new 737-800s.

All that I have heard is the main lessors of the 2 current mds hope to increase the lease to four of them very soon. It is also rumoured that a JetX, TF-JXC is in operation for someone else on the ski flights out of paris CDG.

LBA
28th Mar 2005, 16:49
I dont understand alot of that post.....

As far as I know TF-JXA is operating out of LBA until May.

You say LBA doesent have the market for winter? (I think).... Thats not true, doesent matter now anyway, we are now in summer!

3x Daily Malaga
2x Daily Alicante
2x Daily Murcia
2x Daily Belfast
2x Daily Amsterdam
2x Daily Palma
Daily Faro
Daily Prague
Daily Nice
Daily Pairs
4x weekly Venice
4x Weekly Ibiza

At least 1x daily Geneva during the winter (2x daily at weekends).

No market?

Oh - and how will Jet2 be affected by FlyGlobespan? They only operate out of GLA and EDI.

What a nonesence post... (The bits I can understand anyway!)

HZ123
29th Mar 2005, 09:17
Of more interest is where on earth are the public finding such vast amounts of monies to be flying with such frequency to so many destinations. Expect loads to be higher as well for the wedding / election with more people trying to escape the media frenzy.
With such ease of access by TF registered a/c can we expect to see more services operated by outsiders. TF is not even in the EEC.

Dutchie
29th Mar 2005, 09:36
HZ123 what are you on about?

:rolleyes:

jet2impress
29th Mar 2005, 11:42
TF/Iceland is in the EEC. They are just not in the EU.

How very strange...

pwalhx
30th Mar 2005, 07:25
Jet2impress the EEC became the EU, do you mean with EEA which is a completely different thing.

HZ123
30th Mar 2005, 10:03
Put another way is why is there an ever increasing number of non UK reg aircraft operating here.

BOH
30th Mar 2005, 11:20
Quote HZMIS

TF-JXA,TF-JXB are both doing flybe flights out of bourmouth and southampton, while flybe await the delivery of there two new 733 a/cs.

:confused:

Since when have Flybe. flown MD-80s out of bournemouth?Ive only seen Flybe. murcia flights out of BOH sometimes at weekends?!Have i missed something??

:confused:

BOH

Le Tirer
30th Mar 2005, 11:39
Looks like confusion all around!

The only Flybe flights from BOH are the Saturday ski flights to Chambery, the odd diversion from SOU and training (there was a 146 in the circuit this morning).

The JetX MD82s were operated by European on some of their Sunday ski flights from BOH to Turin replacing the usual EAF B732.

HZ123
30th Mar 2005, 13:23
There was most definetely a JetX parked there two weeks last Sunday, so it must have operated something.

bravo 4 golf
30th Mar 2005, 13:38
TF-JXB was on maint in BOH ( Using Europeans hangar ) and also flying for them on some of their ski flights ex BOH and STN . It took over TF-JXA flying in SOU . The flybe contract ended on 26th mar.
JXB is now sitting on ACMI standby on the ramp at Southend.

TF-JXA was flying for Flybe before it went to MSE for Maint and de logo ( aircraft now all white )
It started operating for JET2 ex LBA on 20th Mar and will be there until end of may .
Rotations are morning AMS , Lunchtime PMI and evening AMS.

Oshkosh George
30th Mar 2005, 14:15
Both TF-JXA/B are managed by British Airline Management,of which Flightline have an involvement,so therefore based at Southend. There was a thread running on here with details,suggest a search.

Don't bother,it's here----

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167306

BOH
30th Mar 2005, 15:06
Im sure ive seen a BE code on the BOH arrivals page from Murcia?Maybe I am just totaly mistaken!

BOH