PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian ATPL

skygod
25th Mar 2005, 16:51
Whats up guys,
Anyone know what the process is like to get an Egyptian ATPL. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i got an ICAO CPL. thks

eggplantwalking
29th Mar 2005, 10:37
If you are based in Egypt, my best suggestion is to go to the Egyptian CAA and ask them. It is about a ten minute walk from the Movenpick hotel by the airport. However, I think you will be in for more red tape than you could ever immagine. When I got my Egyptian ALTP I was flying a B-707 for an Egyptian company and already had an ALTP with types. This company put me through the air law school for the written tests and the simulator at Egypt Air. Additionally, there was the medical examination (every six months) that takes most of the day and your license is based on it. No big deal, but a giant pain in the ass. After the endless paperwork was completed, I was given a temporary validation; the actual ALTP license was not issued for another six months. I was informed that Egypt will only issue such a license to foreigners when there are no Egyptian Nationals available that can preform the same flying duties. This rule holds true with other countries too. I can't immagine what one might expect trying to upgrade from a CPL to an ALTP in their system might require. Perhaps marry a local or four? Anyway, good luck and I hope you have lots of patience.