PDA

View Full Version : good time again...

flyingoli
25th Mar 2005, 15:38
Incredible, I have my cpl sinds 08/2001, four years of waiting, expecting a phone call for an interview...Nothing...
Last year I decided to do a type rating on the 737, I have done it....and now...I have four interviews,MAGICAL TIME:ok:

So my advice is : Do a type rating if you can afford it, it's really the good time to do it.

PGA
25th Mar 2005, 18:40
I finished in feb, and I`m in my type at the moment. I don`t pay for my type, actually I don`t pay anything, actually, I even get paid. My advice: don`t buy a type just get a job where you don`t have to pay :D

737oli
25th Mar 2005, 23:34
Great for you bud,you are really lucky and probably you have done an integrated ATPL course. So as I understand you have your CPL/IR/Multi since february, so as I understand you don't think about other pilots wich are waiting since 2001 to have an interview. I have done a type rating exactly for this reason, I didn't want to have my chance after newly qualified...

bleedfail
28th Mar 2005, 19:33
Yes , I did a type.....and found a job in one month . No comment.

south coast
28th Mar 2005, 19:46
bleed fail...

what type rating did you do, where and how much?

and if i can ask one more thing, whom did you find a job with?

thanks, just considering funding a rating too and would like as muchinfo as possible...

heebeegb
29th Mar 2005, 08:31
i am a self improver, some instructing, now in an airbus. Do the research, be pro-active and buy a type rating as a VERY last resort. Despite how it sometimes feels, now is a good time for it. Oh and stop thinking boeings and airbus for your first airline job!! I did my prop time.

Good luck.

south coast
29th Mar 2005, 21:23
yes, thanks heebegeebie...

some of have also done our time in a turbo-prop too...