PDA

View Full Version : Pasoppa la Terminal Building

I.R.PIRATE
25th Mar 2005, 06:20
Strange occurances in Kabul in the last month....Was preflighting the other day, when I saw a RAF C-130J taxying on the main ramp. To say that parking is tight, in Kabul is an understatement....Anyway, I watched him trying to Maneouvre in amongst some 727's and an A300 or two. The next moment, I saw him reverse, pull forward, reverse, pull forward...etc. This carried on for about five mins. I lost interest after a while, and left on my flight. When I was taxying in after the flight in noticed that right in the furthest corner of the Airport stood a very lonely, and now modified C-130J. It was missing about 2m of its right hand wingtip...I saw that the left one was still in place, which confirmed that they were definitely NOT making it a clipped wing sporty model, a la spitfire....

Not to be outdone, a local 727, from the national carrier, was busy taxying out about two weeks later, and suffered the same fate...smearing the right hand wingtip all over the side of the terminal building....but wait.... the modification to that a/c was in effect very pretty, sculpting a near perfect winglet for the right wing. They obviously decided that it looks rather uneven that way, and after much deliberation and thankfully deciding that they would never be able to do the left side so perfectly as well, they unloaded the pax, pulled it up into a quiet corner of the ramp, and proceded to hammer and bash that brand new, cheeky winglet into submission. 1 hour later, they reboarded their pax...the same ones...and blasted off into the great blue nowhere....

Makes me wonder, is the terminal building slowly growing, or has it decided to move....further away from the filthy air of the city?

Pasoppa la terminal boys.....
:hmm:

ANVAK
26th Mar 2005, 07:00
Happened in Cape Town a while ago as well: Hear-say accounts have it that an over-enthusiastic tractor driver modified the private BBJ's winglet against a hangar door (read: took it off completely). It stood there for quite a while - presumably while maintenance, insurance and owner sorted out the bill's address:hmm: