PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, Tyranosaur steaks?

tony draper
24th Mar 2005, 21:41
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683/

:rolleyes:

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 22:30
Jurassic Park, here we come.Dust off Richard Attenborough and let's make some money.

(I bagsie sitting next to Laura Dern :E) )

airship
24th Mar 2005, 22:30
So if the genetiscists team up with the cattle farmers, we might one day get really huge T-bone steaks to last all week. These shouldn't be prone to BSE either because I'm sure that cows were merely a couple of mouthfuls for T-Rex. Uhmmm, remind me why the dinosaurs died out...

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 22:31
Shoud that not be DSE?

(Dinosaur Spongiform Encephalopathy?)

airship
24th Mar 2005, 22:33
Does Jerricho ever sleep?

So why did the dinosaurs die out then...?!

And how come if Jerricho's on line, he doesn't show up there?

(Ooops, I just remembered why, but it's a secret...)

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 22:36
Sleep?

Wassat?

(The joys of shift work......actually, what day is it? ;) )

airship
24th Mar 2005, 22:39
Friday here, but still Thursday where you are...

I don't know what today is in terms of dinosaur time. I don't even know if they had 7 day weeks then. Because that was well before the time God took 6 days...

tony draper
24th Mar 2005, 22:40
Hmmm, wonder what happened to the Russian plan to clone a Wooly Mamoth, read a article on this a while back,by using a modern Elephant egg abd a modern Elephant as a host mum, it was a serious article, not in some comic, apparently Mamoths DNA can be got from Mamoths frozen in the tundra,which are not that uncommon.
Haven't heard or read anything more about that
The thread title comes from a story of a expedition to the tundra where the members were treated to a dinner of Mamoth steak frozen about 14,000 years previously.
:rolleyes:

airship
24th Mar 2005, 22:44
To think that they had 10 or summat star freezers back then. Mine is only a 3 ***!

Given the opportunity of eating a mammoth though, I really wonder if I'd swallow. You are what you eat, or is it you become what you eat? The mammoth is extinct... :sad:

On the other hand, I'd probably give it a go after all. What have I got to lose? Marinade the mammoth steak in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, Soja sauce, sugar, salt, chopped garlic and ginger for a few hours first though! ;)

pigboat
24th Mar 2005, 23:32
Before they start cloning that stuff, I want to point out that I've registered the trademark "Jurassic Pork." ;)

simon brown
24th Mar 2005, 23:40
Looks like the huge T bone that makes Fred Flintstones car fall on its side, could be reality then.

"Er i'll have the half ton steak with an allotment of Salad, 2 tons of fries, 5 gallons of french dressing and 25 gallons of coke and please no salt as i'm on a diet"

With the onset of DSE you could have politicians parading their kids stating "I eat T rex, my children eat T rex and its perfectly safe"

Large swathes of the country would have 1000' tall cremation pyres as tonnes of t rex is burnt after the foot and claw scare

Jerricho
25th Mar 2005, 16:06
With the onset of DSE you could have politicians parading their kids stating "I eat T rex, my children eat T rex and its perfectly safe"

you could get Opra involved, but she would be demanding Brontosaurus burgers.