PDA

View Full Version : dispatch interview

galeforcewind
24th Mar 2005, 18:29
Hi there

I have an interview for a dispatchers position. I have been for an interview before and had to do a maths test and also answer questions on pulley's etc. I am really bad at maths and was wondering where I may go about getting practice questions, especially pulley questions.

I would appreciate any help as I really want to do well in the test, that is if Servisair give you a test which I am sure they would do.

Cheers in advance

GFW x

groundhugger
25th Mar 2005, 10:13
Well if you are REALLY bad at Math then maybe a job involving numbers might not be for you?

:confused:

Maude Charlee
25th Mar 2005, 10:42
Servisair recruitment test;

"When can you start?"

Yup, it's about that hard. ;)

galeforcewind
25th Mar 2005, 12:05
yeah I am bad at maths, but when are you ever without a calculator????????

A genuine answer would be nice....cheers!!:D

TJ747
25th Mar 2005, 12:34
GALEFORCEWIND:

I couldnt agree more, nearly all the despatchers have calculators with them, so do the flight crew to make sure they have got the right figures but i must add that you do have to reasonable at maths, you cant escape that side of it.

For the first year or so, all figures and loadsheets etc etc will be done for you. Its not untill you are DCS trained that you will be doing it yourself.

I wish you the best of luck, probably one of the best jobs at the airport during summer, winter being not so nice...LOL

Good Luck

TJ747

galeforcewind
25th Mar 2005, 13:05
Thanks TJ747

I am not dreadful at maths, but I am when it comes to pulley diagrams etc in a test...hehe

I loved the job when I did it last year and I hope I can just get through the test so I can do it again. It is a laugh and I have spent many a cold rainy day on the ramp LOL

But, again, if anyone knows where I may get hold of example pulley questions, I would be very very grateful

Cheers x

boeingbus2002
26th Mar 2005, 21:06
Go to your local library and find any "Aptitude Test" books.
Those by Mike Byron Ken Thomas (Kogan Publishers) are most common and you cant go far wrong.
There are plenty of postings here that give more detailed lists, do a search,

redfield
27th Mar 2005, 17:19
MC: You must have been interviewed by a relative of the person who interviewed me then!:ok: