PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Powerpoint help!?

sinala1
24th Mar 2005, 13:21
Hi Folks,

I have a nice presentation on Powerpoint that I run, in conjunction with a separately played MP3, that I want to embed into a single file - preferably one that can be played on DVD?

Very remote chance I know, but still heres hoping someone knows how I can achieve this? Or at least is there a way of playing the mp3 on the first slide, whlist allowing the slideshow to continue? So far my experiences have shown that the slideshow does not continue until the sound you play on the first slide has completed...

Hope this makes sense! Cheers folks :ok:

HughMartin
24th Mar 2005, 14:48
Hi Sinala1,

Yes this can be done quite easily.

1.Insert your sound file into your first slide using the INSERT menu.

2.If the Custom animation window doesn't now appear, right click on the small speaker icon which will have now appeared on your slide and select "Custom Animation". Your music file name should now be showing in a window to the right of your screen.

3.Click on the file name and then click on the small drop down arrow which should appear to the right of the file name and select "Effect options....".

4. Now select the "Start playing from the beginning" button and then enter the appropriate number in the "Stop Playing after X slides" selector.

And that should be you - if you remember to turn your speakers on and turn up the Windows volume setting !

Good luck

HM

jimgriff
24th Mar 2005, 20:14
If you export the PP presentation to a CD rom or DVD, make sure you also save the MP3 to the same media. Otherwise the sound wont play when you present!!!

sinala1
27th Mar 2005, 10:59
If you export the PP presentation to a CD rom or DVD,
Are you able to tell me how to do this???

Cheers!

:ok:

Keygrip
27th Mar 2005, 12:16
I don't mean to hijack the thread but - using PP2003 - I cannot find the button to let me VERTICALLY centre text in a text box.

I'm sure it used to be on the bottom row, next to "paint/fill" in my older version.

Any thoughts - whilst the thread is still new and being read by many? (Apologies to sinala 1)

sinala1
27th Mar 2005, 14:26
I don't mean to hijack the thread
(Apologies to sinala1)
Humph :*

hahahaha Just kidding! :ok: :E

HughMartin
28th Mar 2005, 03:20
Sinala1,

go to this link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HP052727561033.aspx

and it will tell you all about packaging presentations. You can also do a search on the microsoft site for embedding music/sound etc files into presentations.

sinala1
4th Apr 2005, 21:01
Thanks to all for your help in this! Muchly appreciated :ok:

Canary Boy
7th Apr 2005, 21:20
Key Grip...

Create your text box; right click; go to the tab that's labelled text box and change the required attributes.