PDA

View Full Version : Extras in American meals

lasernigel
24th Mar 2005, 07:28
Love food and really love eating out in the U.S. But think this is taking side dishes (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13315290,00.html) too far.:yuk:

ORAC
24th Mar 2005, 07:33
Finger food......

UniFoxOs
24th Mar 2005, 07:34
Sounds like their food is "Finger-Lickin' Good"!!

BlueDiamond
24th Mar 2005, 07:42
Even the food is digitally enhanced!

Coat ... door ... slam ...

Tolsti
24th Mar 2005, 08:28
OK, so we've located the finger. Now where's the rest of the body?.... surely someone would have noticed losing a finger and reported it..... unless the whole person ended up in the grinder so there was no one to tell...:uhoh:

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 12:30
Best keep quite about it or everybody will want one.

Onan the Clumsy
24th Mar 2005, 12:50
Wendy's are in a quandry. They want the woman to go away, but they don't want the public to think they're giving her the finger.

Meanwhile it's expected that the court case will soon come to a nailbiting finish.

Limit State
24th Mar 2005, 14:57
Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited

No shit? PMSL

:D

cyclicmicky
24th Mar 2005, 15:00
At least it wasn't still inserted in a nostril,
Sorry for the snotty comment,.. my sense of silliness took over for a second.
:8

BlueDiamond
24th Mar 2005, 15:46
Goodness nose what you were thinking of, cyclicmicky.

:rolleyes:

cyclicmicky
24th Mar 2005, 15:50
I nose what I nose Ya nose, and what I don't nose , I don't want to nose about anyway's. .................I think,................... now look what yer gone an done! I is all confused, ya nose!!!
:uhoh:

Tolsti
15th Apr 2005, 03:51
Maybe........http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/14/wendys.finger.ap/index.html

PIGDOG
15th Apr 2005, 13:01
And all this happening in Las Vegas home of CSI, surely they should have it all wrapped up within an hour.

Oooh, maybe it's a two parter!!

Big Tudor
15th Apr 2005, 13:08
"Obviously, if we have more of a finger than she lost, you might look at that on face value and say it's probably not the same," Nuyo said Thursday.
No shit Sherlock. The pride of the detection business at work there. Can't be long before the good Sgt Nuyo has this case cracked.
Obviously no need for a finger tip search! :p

TAXI!

Tolsti
15th Apr 2005, 15:15
""Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food in its ingredients. It has offered a $50,000 reward in the case and was keeping open a hot line for tips""

does CNN actually proof read BEFORE allowing reports to be worldwideulated?

airship
15th Apr 2005, 15:27
If they eventually come up with proof that the finger in question really did belong to Ms. Allman...

1) How come it wasn't ground down to the regular size before being served?
2) Does this mean that we can no longer have faith in the claims of 100% pure beef used in fast-food joints (pardon the pun)? Aren't all leopards spotted, and are leopards beef?
3) What happens to people who raise a finger to attract the attention of service personnel in fore-mentioned fast food restaurants? :uhoh:

seacue
22nd Apr 2005, 22:08
Cops Nab Woman, Say Wendy's Finger a Hoax

Police investigating how a human finger ended up in a woman's bowl of Wendy's chili declared the claim a hoax Friday and arrested her on charges of attempted grand larceny. When asked whether police considered the claim a hoax, the captain of the San Jose police department's investigations bureau said yes. "Our evidence suggests the truest victims in this case are indeed the Wendy's owner, operators and employees here in San Jose."

Xxxxx _ who has a history of bringing claims against big corporations _ has denied placing the finger in the chili.

Tolsti
14th May 2005, 05:00
according to CNN the police have now located the source of the finger allegedly found in the chili.

Apparently they received a tip from someone on a hotline

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/13/wendys.finger.ap/index.html

:ok:

BlueDiamond
14th May 2005, 05:20
Apparently they received a tip from someone on a hotline
That would be a fingertip then.
:rolleyes:

Coat ... door ...

Tolsti
14th May 2005, 14:32
apparently this chili is hurting Wendys

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/05/13/news/globalist.php

I seem to remember them being in London... didn't they have square burgers? Are they still there?

Onan the Clumsy
14th May 2005, 15:06
according to CNN the police have now located the source of the finger allegedly found in the chili. I hope they nail him then.

It's not a cute ikkle story anymore