PDA

View Full Version : NOMORE MAS for Etihad 777s

geo7E7
24th Mar 2005, 06:28
Latest leak... EY has gone really slow/stop taking/interviewing MAS 77s qualified as they're looking elsewhere for 77 drivers...the big question here...where and why? Wake up EY, your neighbours are recruiting.....! :E

mutt
24th Mar 2005, 09:23
I understand that their new B777 Fleet Captain is from MAS.

Mutt

youn
25th Mar 2005, 13:51
geo7E7
As for why
It is only logic the company must diversify thier source of pilots,so as not to be under the mercy on gruop,coming from the same place.malaysian already the majority on the Airbus fleet.
And it's only logic again to have some pilots which are bonded for certain amount of time.Bonded means nonrated,Which there are so many out there,with heaps of hours and experience.
EY can lure topguns from every where.
Keep trying,do't give up yet.
Cheers

Lorry_Driver
26th Mar 2005, 11:06
Geo7E7, man

I'll say it again here as on the Far East side, . . . . the MAS 777drivers held baak in the hope of getting a good pay rise in MAS. The holding back must have occured at the time EY was in need, so either they had to look for alternative or justplain PISSED OFF with the (sombong) selfish attitude, . . . . you have to remember that the CP-777 must have made a promise that a certain number will follow him, . . . the MAS CP-777 had something to do with it man, . . . .

youn,

what you say is good and true, . . . . BUT please keep the 70% and above majority for us, brown and black people, . . . as their MOTTO is "ASIAN AIRLINES FOR ASIANS, joe.

L_D.

ikan_terbang
27th Mar 2005, 05:13
I suspect the Malaysians are palying a waiting game.
The pilots EGM is due soon to regect/accept the negotiated pay scale for the next 3 years.

Ethihad are fed up of theis waiting game. Best to look for else where and not put all the apples in the same basket.

Lorry_Driver
27th Mar 2005, 17:01
Well Ikan_Terbang,
I hope these boys don't spoil the market for the rest of the guys who are logging hours, waiting for their turn to vote with their feet, . . . as Captain Wooblah would say. . . . . coz toady might take some time to leave YET!

Good luck to them, . . . bro.

L_D

crewlounge
2nd Apr 2005, 16:43
You got it wrong, Mr. Spy Toad.
That's not true.
Anyway the interview process just started.
Be patient n u shall see results soon.

gccpro
22nd Apr 2005, 11:09
And Palm oil to moisten their backs too!

Trashed Aviator
22nd Apr 2005, 11:26
If EY were really smart they would base crews offshore as well, such as London for example , the first middle east carrier to do this will fill to the gunnells with high time endorsed pilots, just see......

gccpro
22nd Apr 2005, 11:29
They are thinking of opening a base in Morroco but I don't think for pilots more for belly dancers. Seems to be the prevailing trend there!:E

guybrush
22nd Apr 2005, 22:42
Trashed Aviator,
(Where on earth do you get these names from:confused:!)

Pay might be relatively high. Even at normal British salaries the bill could be unattractive.

cheers:ok:
guybrush

airbus34065
1st May 2005, 12:26
Etihad isn't going to base pilots anywhere except the UAE. The pay is not "relatively high" especially when you have to consider UK tax. So dream on, if you want to work there, pack up and move to the desert.