PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with this song title.

Jerricho
23rd Mar 2005, 23:45
Some of the GOM out there will probably roll their eyes and start the old "that's not music" but there's an argument going in the Jerricho household.

I'm trying to remember the name and artist of a dance song from about 2 years ago. Thing is, I remember the video for it very well. It had a black guy in a shirt and tie with a huge old school "ghetto-blaster", dancing out the front of a restaurant. There were some people watching him wondering why he was there, and (through subtitles) we learn he does it every day, waiting for his girlie to come back or something like that. The end of the video has the artists sitting in the restaurant, as the guy picks up the stereo and walks away.

Now, I thought the title was "Without you" or close to that, but can't remember the artist. Mrs J reckons it was the Chemical Brothers, but that doesn't sound right.

Please help me.

Lost_luggage34
24th Mar 2005, 00:15
Was it not the dance mix of Is this the way to Amirillo ?

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 00:29
*Jerricho kicks L_l34*

Lost_luggage34
24th Mar 2005, 01:27
Ouch ! I think I deserved that.

Buster Hyman
24th Mar 2005, 01:40
Well...it wasn't Michael Jackson.

GrumpyOldFart
24th Mar 2005, 01:40
Jerricho:

Given that most 'music' worth listening to in recent years has been cover versions of oldies/goldies from the 60s and 70s, you might want to try Harry Nilsson's 'Without You'.

Hope this helps

Your grumpy old friend, :*

JC

aged
24th Mar 2005, 01:46
Of course it's not Amirilo

It was the Chemical Family (normal Brothers plus their Nan on the piano) doing a remix of Rolf Harris's lesser known hits as far as I recall. Did the words of the rap include "two", "boys", and "little" in any order do you know?

Richo77
24th Mar 2005, 03:05
Jerricho,

If theres lots of flashing lights and a few people try to join in, then
it sounds to me like Fat Boy Slim.

Think it might be "youve come a long way baby" or "Rockefeller Skank". Not a huge fan, so dont quote me, but sounds like i could be on the money.

(if only i could get Scran to give me bonus points for it!)

cheers

Richo

BombayDuck
24th Mar 2005, 03:43
BombayDuck to the rescue!

You
still a whisper on my lips
feel it in my fingertips
pulling at my skin

and you
leave me when i'm at my worst
leave me feeling as if i've been cursed
bitter cold within

days go by and still i think of you
days when i couldnt live my life without you
days go by and still i think of you
days when i couldnt live my life without you
without you

Days Go By - Dirty Vegas

:cool:

nwaflygirl
24th Mar 2005, 03:53
Beat me to it, Duck! This song is also featured in a Mitsubishi commercial here in the States.

tony draper
24th Mar 2005, 07:58
Who in the name of all thats holy is fat boy slim and what is a getto blaster?
:rolleyes:

BombayDuck
24th Mar 2005, 08:13
Fatboy Slim = DJ Norman Cook. great music, also makes superb videos.... Sunset/Bird of Prey has an RF-84 flying all over Nam or something and Weapon of Choice has Christopher Walken dancing around an empty hotel... bloody good.

a ghetto blaster seems to be that mega-sound box that some people carry on their shoulders.... "boom box" is what i have heard it been called...

Rollingthunder
24th Mar 2005, 08:27
He ain't heavy, he's my radio.

tony draper
24th Mar 2005, 08:56
Ha! one knew it,Dammed beatnicks,they all need a haircut and a good thrashing.
Purrem in the army for a few years I say.

Gouabafla
24th Mar 2005, 11:22
Would this be the same Tony Draper who was boasting of playing 'Local Hero' better than Mark Knopfler on another thread earlier this week?

Come on Drapes, we all know that you are a secret heavy metal fan! :cool:

Gouabafla hurridly takes coat and heads for the door, to avoid heavy object being flung by Mr. Draper.

Jerricho
24th Mar 2005, 11:41
BombayDuck, you're a legend mate!!

Thank you very much, that's the EXACT song. Looks like I won the bet, and Mrs J is washing my car for the next 4 weeks. :) :). Happy days.

tony draper
24th Mar 2005, 11:55
Please Gaoubafla,a little discretion, one has a image to maintain,a fiesta red strat with gold ironmongery is one's little secret.
PS wots heavy metal??
:uhoh:

Fg Off Max Stout
24th Mar 2005, 12:52
Jerricho,
I'd recommend the acoustic version too. Very chilled out.

Bombay Duck,
The Bird of Prey video showed a Hunter T7, for some reason in US colours. Couldn't let that one go!

:ok:

B Fraser
24th Mar 2005, 17:16
Mr Drapes....

You must be a Hank Marvin fan. I went for the black hardtail Strat with the noiseless pickups and mid-range boost Eric Clapton version :cool:

Heavy Metal is when you substitute electric effects for talent and turn everything up to 11 ..... or was that punk ?

Tuba Mirum
25th Mar 2005, 22:41
PS wots heavy metal??

You don't want to know... :E

tony draper
25th Mar 2005, 22:59
Ectually, Osmium is the heaviest,

:cool: