PDA

View Full Version : Naples in June

oliverpollard
23rd Mar 2005, 20:42
Hi all.
At present I am booking to do my PPL in June. Will anyone be out there at that time?
In addition are they quite good with documentation - re once I book do they send out all the information etc. What happens re accomodation.
If anyone is trying to go out in June - have they found any cheap flights. At the moment all I can find is appprox £500 and its meant to be off peak then!
Finally can you generally recommend NAC and how long did it take you so complete the course and pass.
Thanks very much
O

SR20flyDoc
23rd Mar 2005, 21:21
Ckeck with NAC,

on www.airwork.nl there is athread that it is to crowded right now there they can't train all students.

S.

SAMIR786
23rd Mar 2005, 22:02
I booked my ticket in Jan to fly to Miami in April with BA.

£99 each way plus taxes.

Came to £279!!!!!!!!

Bargain!!!!!!

davey147
26th Mar 2005, 22:49
I will be there in May.

Oliver, book your flights to New York first, then get a cheap ticket down to Fort Myers with Jetblue.com, it will come to around £300.

Ive never managed to get cheap tickets to Florida, they do exist, but never when im going :)

Hope this helps, contact me if you have any further questions.

soneraisam
27th Mar 2005, 11:49
I did my PPL at Naples almost a year ago, and had a fantastic time. I went for a month, did my PPL in 3 weeks, and then did a tailwheel conversion. The accommodation is a choice of houses/condos or a hotel, mostly about a mile or so from the airfield. You are charged about $25 or so for a bike. June is probably a slightly quieter time of year as it is getting hot then. Their financial accounting seems to leave a little to be desired so keep an accurate record of your flying and time spent with your instructor, then there is no confusion and any potential missunderstandings are avoided. I enjoyed every minute of my time there and found the school to be well run by nice people.

Sam.