PDA

View Full Version : A good excuse for Oxford Aviation

william_flies
23rd Mar 2005, 14:33
I have a friend undertaking an intergrated course at Oxford Aviation, something I am currently thinking about.

He said that Oxford are sending 2 courses away for a month due to cracked wing spars. Whilst this is genuine, apparently Oxford had already sent these courses away due to an instructor shortage causing a massive backlog in the flying.

With ever increasing numbers on training courses, if Oxford don't have enough instructors, what are they going to do when they have a full fleet of aifcraft to choose from?

I certainly wouldn't want to pay the best part of £65k for an integrated course only to be told to take 6 weeks off in the middle of it.

arpansingla
23rd Mar 2005, 14:40
I'm also considering Oxford. In fact i've got the seminar booked this Saturday. Bit worrying that they're having instructor problems :ooh:

Busbo
23rd Mar 2005, 16:50
I'm on one of those courses that was sent away for a month. We were told that due to the bad weather they've had over winter (although, surely we should be used to it by now) creating a back-log of people who should be on their MCC and the fact that 4 instructors have left to go to airlines we would only manage one flight a week if we stayed around so to go was our only option. I hadn't actually been told anything about these cracked spars so thats news to me.

We have been assured that we will still finish within the 65 weeks that we're meant to, but we'll see. It certainly seems like some poor planning and management of the situation to have not seen it coming earlier. Also the next few courses coming along to the IR stage are not small courses so who know's what will happen to them.