PDA

View Full Version : 8 different types of Intelligence. Which do you feel you possess?

Omaha
23rd Mar 2005, 13:52
In university the other day I remarked to a fellow student who is academically brilliant but who can't seem to hold down or get a job despite being highly qualified, about how intelligent he is. Even worse he drives everyone mad with his horror liturgy of what's happened in the week so everyone tries to avoid him or cut him short & not retort negatively or reply "how are you" when he asks how you are, knowing that any negative response will only give him an opening to talk about his own nonending woes. More happens in one week of 'A's' life, & every week that is, well he claims it does, than happens in most other peoples lifetimes, if at all. I remarked to 'A' recently how intelligent he was & he retorted "I don't think I'm intelligent". Suddenly the penny dropped, that maybe in a way he had a point & that there are different types of intelligence & while 'A' had more than his supply of academic capability he was very short in some other areas.

I discovered today there are eight types of intelligence:

They are:

1. Linguistic Intelligence -- the gift of words.
Linguistically intelligent people best understand the world through the spoken and written word.

2. Visual/Spatial Intelligence -- the gift of pictures
Visually intelligent people best understand the world through
visualization and spatial orientation.

3. Musical -- The gift of music
Musically intelligent people best understand the world through rhythm and melody.

4. Bodily Kinesthetic Intelligence -- the gift of body
Physically intelligent people best understand the world through
physicality.

5. Logical/Mathematical -- the gift of logic and numbers
Mathematically and Logically intelligent people best understand the world through cause and effect.

6. Interpersonal Intelligence -- the gift of people
Socially intelligent people best understand the world through the eyes of others.

7. Intrapersonal -- the gift of self
Intrapersonally intelligent people best understand the world from their unique point of view.

8. Naturalist Intelligence -- the gift of nature
Environmentally intelligent people best understand the world through their own environment.

Here's the link:

http://www.intelligencetest.com/articles/article3.htm

Which do you believe you possess, perhaps you feel you've more than one of them. Pilots incidentally come in under 2. Visual/Spatial Intelligence -- the gift of pictures. I believe I'm four, five, seven & eight anyway, have to think about the others.

IFTB
23rd Mar 2005, 13:56
Omaha,

"perhaps you feel you've more than one of them

You must be joking, this is Jetblast, WTF are you thinking? :rolleyes:

Jerricho
23rd Mar 2005, 14:44
Where's the intelligence of "talking through one's arse"????? :E :E ;)

Lost_luggage34
23rd Mar 2005, 15:02
Where's the intelligence of "talking through one's arse"?????

Oh I don't know Jerricho - it takes quite some skill. Something which I believe you are well aquainted with !! ;)

Omaha
23rd Mar 2005, 15:07
Sorry, nine types of intelligence. :{

lasernigel
23rd Mar 2005, 15:12
No way it's got to be 10.
Most women say our dick rules our brain,so there's another.:ok: :E

Omaha
23rd Mar 2005, 15:20
OK 10 types of intelligence then. :ugh:

simon brown
Where's the intelligence of "talking through one's arse"?????

Its a quality all politicians and managers seem at pains to display:E :ok:

Capt.KAOS
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.

J.W.von Goethe

Gouabafla
23rd Mar 2005, 15:24
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.

In my experience, intelligent men can't find anything at all.

They have to ask their wives and their kids where they left their keys, mobiles, remote controls, hats....

IFTB
23rd Mar 2005, 15:27
Gouabafla In my experience, intelligent men can't find anything at all.
How would you know?
You get to go out of Hampshire sometimes? :rolleyes:

Jerricho
23rd Mar 2005, 15:52

That's ridiculous

airship
23rd Mar 2005, 17:26
There's also bad intelligence. MI5, NSA, CIA and the FBI know all about that sort of intelligence. Fortunetly for most of us it's only distributed on a need to know basis... :E

Nereus
23rd Mar 2005, 19:19

well go one then, I NEED to know

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Mar 2005, 19:51
That's ridiculous hardly.