PDA

View Full Version : Baltic European

Bystricair
23rd Mar 2005, 08:10
Dear All,
does anybody know something about Baltic European, a new carrier which should start in Apr/May in Germany or in Latvia? I heard the should operate a BAE146-200 or -300.
Thank you
Bysticair

Konkordski
23rd Mar 2005, 08:45
The guy behind it is Ole Leo, who was behind the start-up LowFare Jet - which never got off the ground. So I'm not holding my breath.

Bystricair
23rd Mar 2005, 12:42
I've spoken with a couple of friends of mine, they told me that a couple of italians (pilot) are involved in the airline and that they should be serious...
All the info you might have on Baltic European are very very welcome.
tks & brgds
bystricair

EC-YKA
23rd Mar 2005, 12:58
Here`s some information found in another forum. This information is from end of 2004/ January 2005 and it seems there is nothing new to add.

The photo on their website still shows their a/c unfinished, as it was back in January...:(
http://www.baltic-european.com

BAE 146-300 IMMEDIATE AVAILABLE CHARTER OR ACMI • AVAILABLE FOR ACMI OR CHARTER • BAE 146-300, 110 Pax, EU Compliant, Fresh from heavy check, competetive rates, 250 BHR ACMI starting from 1.600 EUR also available for Full Charters; BALTIC EUROPEAN AVIATION SITA: RIXBEXH • Contact Kolja Ole Leo - BALTIC EUROPEAN AVIATION located Riga, Latvia • Telephone: +4916099681327 • Fax: +494032901100 • Posted December 19, 2004

:confused:

MHL

gpuk
23rd Mar 2005, 22:41
Leo and another guy called Prasuhn attempted to set up an airline last year, using one of Air Malta's RJs. The aircraft was never delivered.

There are several court cases (both civil and criminal) listed in the Hamburg county court from people (brokers/tour operators) trying to recover the funds they paid to a company which was fronted by the same people, Ole Leo + Prasuhn.

Now we have Baltic European. Courtesy of the very same people. Draw your own conclusions.

My advice: Don't sign any contracts or part with any funds until you can see and touch an actual aircraft, and more importantly, make sure there is a valid AOC and operator's licence in place, for the aircraft type to be chartered.

For those who can understand the German language, there are some interesting links here, telling you about a very young Ole Leo (21 years at the time of this article in 2003), a man who freely admits that "he has no licence, no money and definitely no aircraft. But as he says, WAIT FOR IT, his ideas are his capital !!"

Again, draw your own conclusions. For any pilots considering this outfit, don't hand your notice in just yet.

http://www.be.schule.de/bics/son/verkehr/presse/pnflugzg/2003/df03_03.htm

http://www.be.schule.de/bics/son/verkehr/presse/pnflugzg/2003/df03_15.htm

Bystricair
25th Mar 2005, 09:25
so it seems to be another :mad: "airline"...
in that case it's better to fly away from them.
Thank you for help.

Bystricair
11th Jul 2005, 15:44
Hello,
does anybody know if this airline could start up or is about to?
Thank you and best regards
Bysticair

charterguy
11th Jul 2005, 18:43
Bystricair

We have investigated these people and have also contacted the Latvian Civil Aviation Authority. This is what the Latvian CAA had to say about them: -

[Quote]

The CAA of Latvia has terminated the certification process of Baltic European Aviation on the 12th April 2005.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

Sincerely yours,
Deputy Head FOD
Juris Rožoks

[Unquote]

Hope this clarifies the situation once and for all.

Do yourself a favour, don't get sucked in by these people, and whatever you do, pleeeease, do not part with any money.

If you want the contact details of the Latvian CAA, please send me a private message.

CG

lakunas
8th Oct 2005, 13:15
They just bought a new company with valid AOC,and a few ATR42's and now they want to buy some BAe146's. What to expext?

charterguy
8th Oct 2005, 13:28
Expect to lose your money !!

CG