View Full Version : Where is everybody?

con-pilot
23rd Mar 2005, 07:18
Okay all of you globe hopping guys and gals, just where is everybody?

I am in Beijing (ZBAA) for the next week and a half on my trip that I am calling "the around the world the wrong way in the baby jet" and I have yet to hear, see, run in to or hear from any ppruners.

717A/A you just did a trip around the world. What, you where in a hurry? 10 days, shucks, try doing in 74 days, more or less, now that is a trip.

Anyway here for the 9 days then off to WSSL for a week or so.

That's all for now.

Just one more thing, my laptop has imploded with hard drive problems. Does anybody know of a DELL repair store in Beijing?

Margarita
23rd Mar 2005, 08:06
You are very much in luck. I had a similar problems and WSSL is the right place to buy a new laptop. Prices are too good not to!

FLEXJET
23rd Mar 2005, 08:14
Nihau!

You can try:
http://www.bcco.biz/

4HolerPoler
23rd Mar 2005, 15:46
Paris until the 29th, Nassau through the 4th April, then South Florida until the 12th & NYC until the 18th when we move to London until the 24th.

Anyone around, give me a ring & beers are on me.

Enjoying the new aircraft con-pilot? Hope to catch up with you soon. Will be in Dallas for May.

4HP

Track Whiskey
23rd Mar 2005, 22:54
Polar,

Check your PM's

Whiskey

con-pilot
24th Mar 2005, 01:29
No luck 4HP, I'll be operating out of London, EGLF all of May.

New A/C is really nice, but too small for this type of trip.

From home to VHHH it was KPWA-KASE-KOAK-PHNL, RON, PHNL-PMDY-PGUM, RON, Then into Hong Kong. A long couple of days.

Scheduled to be back home June 1. If you are still in DAL I'll give you a call.

PS. If anyone ever goes into PMDY (Midway Island) this time year during the day watch out for the birds. We landed an hour early and got the you know what scared out of us.

Oh yeah one more thing about PMDY, they just recieved a million gallons of jet fuel and need business, the price, ready for this,

$2.17 (US) a gallon including tax.

All the people on the island are very nice, all 48 of them.

The night we where there it was bowling night, however they said that the bowling would not start until after we left so the folks at the airport would not miss anything.

flightlevelchange
27th Mar 2005, 21:37
con pilot

Dont know of any dell places but if your staying at the great wall sheraton hotel, their is a shop just round the corner where you can get some great dvd's for about 1 usd

Hope you enjoy china just been and was great, you must do the forbidden city

Enjoy

con-pilot
29th Mar 2005, 08:27
Yes I am staying in the Sheraton Great Wall, nice place. Will have to wait until I'm in Singapore to get the laptop worked on.

Did the city, huge place.

AA717driver
30th Mar 2005, 04:05
con-pilot--The passport says I've been to China but darned if I can remember anything about it!:p

10 days around the world is too short. 74 seems a bit much.:eek:

Loved the Hyatt in Hangzhou. Great restaurant in the hotel. Great people in China. Loved buying pearls at the 4-story market (didn't get to the really big knock-off market).

Could have done without Italy except for the Rome Marriott. If I never stay in a Jolly hotel again it will be too soon.

I've always liked Tsing-Tao beer so I was happy.

Off this weekend to SAV to get the GIV rating.

Cheers!TC

redsnail
30th Mar 2005, 21:27
Still in bloody Luton...

Oh hang on, I live here :D

atyourcervix73
30th Mar 2005, 22:02
dont worry Reddy someone has to:8 ....I think the big ASDA near the airport is ranked as the 4 worst in the UK as well..(dont ask..you type in the wrong thing in google after a few beers, and that comes up!)

con-pilot
1st Apr 2005, 06:38
As we speak,er type, I'm at the Radisson Plaza in Hangzhou. The air here is a lot better than in Beijing, still coughing like crazy.

Anyway, off to WSSL (Singapore) Sunday for 8 days.

Only 58 days or so to go. Sounds shorter that way.

skibeagle
1st Apr 2005, 20:26
Im in Paris week of 3rd April for one week only !!!!!

redsnail
1st Apr 2005, 20:34
atyourcervix,
The whole town was voted Britain's worst town!

I have found some good bars and restaurants. Surprisingly good actually. :D

con-pilot
5th Apr 2005, 06:50
If any one is keeping track, or even cares, we are now in Singapore(WSSL) until the 11th. Then on to Dubai.

Still in London on the 17th.

redsnail
5th Apr 2005, 10:38
Assuming my roster actually reflects reality, I won't be in Luton :D (on the 17th)