PDA

View Full Version : A link for Omaha

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2005, 13:50
When you're in Australia, watch out for these things (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12621409-1242,00.html)

polomint
22nd Mar 2005, 14:08
er...hello george...(sidles away quietly):\

tony draper
22nd Mar 2005, 14:21
A spider called Murgatroid lives on one of my cameras, tiz a good patch for him as the security light brings his supper flying in every night and the case also has a demisting heaters so he is well chuffed with his gaff.
Good little grafter he is one normaly would lower the boom on a aracnid, but he works so hard remaking his web all the time one has decided to spare him.
Gave me a turn when he first appeared he was inside the focal plane and just looked like a amorphous white blob floating in the back lane, seen something similar on telly which was claimed to be a ghost of course.
:rolleyes:

Parapunter
22nd Mar 2005, 14:45
Was amazed at the speed of the little critters. Once accidentally flicked a bit of ash into a web (no doubt a relly of Murgatroyd) & the sod pounced it in about 0.002 seconds.

On the one hand, one is glad to be the size one is & therefore not on the menu. Onn the other hand, I do now have to get the little blighter 10 woodbine every couple of days.:cool:

Omaha
22nd Mar 2005, 16:25
LOL You naughty divil you. ;)

I was well aware they existed in Oz, even as a small child, courtesy of having a half sister living there who at the time had two small girls (I was an aunty at seven & got teased mercilessly, if harmlessly in school about it by those in the know). The older child saved her younger sisters life when a very poisonous spider came near her. We were all recanted with stories of her bravery. They've fought every since. Sounds like sisters to me. :\

So there. :p

I am ashamed to admit even though I'm a animal lover, I'm the biggest insect squasher ever if they stray into my territory, I'm so scared of them I just freak. On the contrary my lovely next door neighbour won't kill a spider bcause he believes it's bad luck (I'm not superstitious) and his home proves it; it's a right spiders domain. :uhoh:

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2005, 16:33
Just watch out for them "drop bears" and "hoop snakes" as well :E :E

Omaha
22nd Mar 2005, 16:35
Oh Gawd :{

I hope none of these are a protected species cause they ain't likely to exist anymore should they cross my path. :E

What are "drop bears"

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2005, 16:41
I leave the joy of discovery to you.................

(Or, you could gen up here and not look stupid by asking when you get there (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blueprnt/myth.html) )

Omaha
22nd Mar 2005, 16:50
Well mate

You're reminding me of my visit to America. I was told that the best way to avoid bear attack was to make as much noise as possible. So in the National Parks if I was hiking on my own away from people I used to go around singing at the top of my voice. I reiterated this home in an email to my sister, she nearly p*ssed herself laughing & of course told everybody who knew me. :\

I wonder would such a strategy work with the wildlife in Oz, I think my singing is guaranteed to frighten anything away. :D

If that doesn't I'm sure the gold old sledgehammer routine will work wonders if the critters come anywhere near me. :ok:

acbus1
22nd Mar 2005, 17:43
You're slipping, Mr J.

The title of your thread warns of a link! (which I have'nt clicked on, BTW).

;)

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2005, 17:47
Is your name Omaha???? ;)

Link not for you.

acbus1
22nd Mar 2005, 17:54
Link not for you.
Which is why I did'nt click on it, as I said, amongst other reasons. :p

Is your name Omaha????
No, but I can be a real beach sometimes.

DX Wombat
22nd Mar 2005, 22:21
Jerricho, there is no mention of the Bunyip on that site :(

acbus1
23rd Mar 2005, 06:02
Jerricho, there is no mention of the Bunyip on that site
That's because the link is not for you.

Your name Omaha, is it? HMMMM?

DX Wombat
23rd Mar 2005, 08:53
Jerricho, have you got a "PPRuNe Miserable Grouch of the Year" category in your awards scheme? If not, may I suggest you organise one and I'll nominate acbus1 who may even be Omaha in disguise for all I know. :E

Omaha
23rd Mar 2005, 12:06
What are you talking about DX & no I'm not acbus1? :confused:

Burnt Fishtrousers
23rd Mar 2005, 12:28
My Sister lives in Sydney and she told me the other night whilst calling , of a large spider laying waste large sections of the city:E

Jerricho
23rd Mar 2005, 13:43
DX, that's cause Bunyips are real!!!!!!